Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by limapie View Post
The signs are all around us. The judgment time IS near. The sealing of the horrible abomination (from the book of Daniel) is on Jan 20th when our arrogant ignorant president-elect drops his hand from the swearing in, right onto a pen and reverses all the gains of the past twenty years.

God has had enough of His very own creation(humankind) defiling and killing/murdering his temple and not just in the womb either. It is NEVER God's will to kill/murder. "Thou shalt not kill." War is not acceptable. True Christians would object to going to war and rather be put into prison themselves for their stance than disobey God. We are to first love God and then love our neighbor...even if they do not love us back. We are to trust that God will do the dealing with the AntiChrist and evil. We are to pray with all our hearts and souls for those misguided around us. We are to set an example of God-approved behavior at all times.

The judgment day is upon us very very soon. I feel dread for those who've rejected God/Jesus/Holy Spirit in belief and action.
Alright, Limapie!!! This is the kind of no nonsense, serious Bible believing folks we need who aren't afraid to SPEAK IT!!! Amen!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Okay, Verna....I've read your post spelling out the specifics of what you are talking about. I can't say that Mr. Klein has it all figured out and the rest of us don't, nor can I say that the rest of us have it all figured out and Mr. Klein doesn't. It sounds plausible, except for there not being a man as the AntiChrist and a man as the false prophet. I understand what he's saying about a system and who's possibly going to be running things, but that will be under the rule of the AntiChrist, one man.

Every "kingdom" has a ruler, even a one world order. It's a stretch to me to think that the AntiChrist is only a system and that the false prophet will be only legal power. The AntiChrist (the man) will be the leader of this system, and the false prophet (the man) will be his right hand "religious" man. Together they will rule the world with the help of the "system". Any doubts people will have concerning the AntiChrist will be put to rest by his fictitious religious "prophet".

I could go on and on, but I'm going to reference a site where it goes into great detail about what I believe about all of this. Thanks for taking the time to post all of this, it's really thought provoking.

I don't know where the other chapters are, but if you will type in AntiChrist in the search box on the www.raptureready.com site there are tons of amazing articles like the ones below. I love this site!!!

www.raptureready.com/featured/price/12rp.pdf (Overview of Antichrist)
The Antichrist - Aurthur Pink chapter 2
The Antichrist - Aurthur Pink chapter 6

Old 01-02-2009, 09:58 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Good morning Verna!!

I have printed off your post, and will read it when I get back from grocery shopping. I'm up early to go beat the mad Friday rush....I HATE grocery shopping but I hate the crowds worse. Ugh.
Hey "CRUSHER!!"..O.K! I'll be right here!...Love.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hey "CRUSHER!!"..O.K! I'll be right here!...Love.
Crusher?? I already responded (the post above yours)....guess you missed it.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear Robin, Hello! Thank you...and Preterist also for your replies. I appreciate it very much! Yes, I too find it very interesting myself. I'm not sure where I stand on the subject, but I can not deny some of the facts that Ken Klein gives. Grant it, there may be some things in it that may be questionable...sure...but at the same time, I feel there is a lot of truth in it also. The Book of Revelation is so complicated...renowned, very intelligent theologists avoid it like the plague because they can not come up with ABSOLUTE answers either. Some may think they have all the answers, one way or the other...but does anyone? Really? ...God knows I don't! I stand upon scripture just as much as the next one, I'm also open to listening to other thoughts, that are just as feasible as mine are, pertaining to areas that I quite honestly am a little foggy on. I am going to purchase his book, and read it...my notes above do not give it any justice because I was writing fast, trying to keep up...there is a lot missing. But people should know that this kind of thing could very well be true, if we can't agree that it COULD POSSIBLY be this way, how will anyone else have anything to begin to believe in? I sat here with my computer off...took a nap and woke up, fixed a cup of tea and just sat here, thinking about our future as a nation...as a world...(crying)...the future is NOW. We are at the end of our future as we know it here on earth, this I can say with total positivity...absolutely no doubt in my heart what-so-ever...I KNOW Jesus is so close to appearing in the clouds for us, and there are so many out there who don't have a clue...not a hint that something so big is comming that will effect them for all eternity...with so many different opinions and beliefs...my goodness, look at us...Christians...WE can't even agree on everything...a little here and a little there...maybe this but not that, or yes this, but no way that...who really, honestly can say that They know...and that their interpretation IS the final all-in-all truth? If we were honest about it, we'd admitt this, and possily be able to come together some how as one...this is so much on my heart, and ESPECIALLY since I've come to post on CD...and I believe that the Lord is speaking this into my heart, these thoughts are not my own, because who is Verna? She is only who Christ is in her...and it is His goodness that causes her conscern. We should relax and let there be differences in opinions without getting upset or angry about who is wrong or who is right. Jesus prayed in the garden for you and me...disciples and believers...He prayed to Our Father in Heaven that we would become one in Him, as He is One in God, that together we would be One...in Spirit and in truth..How do we do this? I believe ALL we have to do IS believe...JUST believe! God knows our hearts, the differences themselves don't seperate us, it is our attitude about the differences that bring the seperation Can't you see how this seperates us? Can we not unite?...TOTALLY?... we need to! We're never going to get everyone to believe in the very same thing, because different people have different interpretations...I say, "So what!" The Gospel of Jesus Christ; here is where we will unite together as one! This Message carries itself...our lives and the way we live it ARE the Message! But we have to show unity amongst ourselves. I love the entire Bible, as do most...and this is good..for us...but I'm thinking about others, who are not saved yet...they don't care about any of the other stuff...we put the cart before the horse...no wonder we get nowhere...it was designed to be pulled...we shouldn't be pushing all this on them...we should be pulling them in with the pure message of the Gospel. It's simple..it's easy...it's light...and it's good! I pray and believe that this New Year will bring in the brand new Kingdom of God! I hope I have not offended anyone, if I have it was not my intention to do so...just some sincere, loving thoughts from someone who stands amidst others who probably feel the same, and others again who probably feel differently...but we have to start somewhere right? I love you all very much...NOW......Your thoughts on my thread topic? Ha1 Ha!...Love
You make some very good points, that is why I have chosen to see much of what is argued about is usually trivial and only a buch of theiries anyhow. But the Gospel of Christ is what we need and not the trivial crap, so I am with you on all that.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
The signs are all around us. The judgment time IS near. The sealing of the horrible abomination (from the book of Daniel) is on Jan 20th when our arrogant ignorant president-elect drops his hand from the swearing in, right onto a pen and reverses all the gains of the past twenty years.

God has had enough of His very own creation(humankind) defiling and killing/murdering his temple and not just in the womb either. It is NEVER God's will to kill/murder. "Thou shalt not kill." War is not acceptable. True Christians would object to going to war and rather be put into prison themselves for their stance than disobey God. We are to first love God and then love our neighbor...even if they do not love us back. We are to trust that God will do the dealing with the AntiChrist and evil. We are to pray with all our hearts and souls for those misguided around us. We are to set an example of God-approved behavior at all times.

The judgment day is upon us very very soon. I feel dread for those who've rejected God/Jesus/Holy Spirit in belief and action.
What about defending ourselves? Are we entitled to defend ourselves from harm?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Crusher?? I already responded (the post above yours)....guess you missed it.
LOL......I meant "squasher"!...I goofed again ...I got it from your first post way on up ^ there, only I used the wrong term...oh well...squasher...crusher...either way you can put a hurtin' on theory!!! ...Love.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
The signs are all around us. The judgment time IS near. .

Dear limapie...Hello!...(by the way, everytime I see your name I think of my favorite pie..Lemon Merangue Pie...I can taste it now..)...O.K....Let's see here...
The sealing of the horrible abomination (from the book of Daniel) is on Jan 20th when our arrogant ignorant president-elect drops his hand from the swearing in, right onto a pen and reverses all the gains of the past twenty years
...as Christians we should pray for ALL men...for ALL people..free from anger and controversy...! Tim.2:1-7 says: I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people..Ask God to help them, intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity-the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the messaage God gave to the world at just the right time. And I have been chosen as a preacher and apostle to teach the Gentiles this message about faith and truth. I'm not exaggersting-just telling the truth...end....Dear limapie, God wants not only us saved, but everyone...and I believe I am correct in saying that President-Elect Barack Obama is saved and has given his life to the Lord also...I think he is a brother in Christ. I understand how you may be feeling though...before he was elected...I did everything I could to get everyone I know not to vote for him...My father whom I love very much had our first, shall I say..."disagreement", (and that's putting it VERY lightly), it was very, very heated, and we didn't speak for a while......I look back on that time now and think, "How ignorant of ME!", the Lord could have taken him and I would have been at odds with him...I cannot imagine how I would have felt if that would have happened...anyway...Pres.-Elect Obama is where he is because God has chosen him to be there to fulfill His plans...not ours...God is in control, we should trust in Him. It is all going to lead to THAT DAY...THE DAY that all of creation is groaning for. Prayer is at the bottom of all of this limapie..pure simple prayer from us...God will take care of His own...Love

Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
tig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Greetings, Verna Perry: Did Mr. Klein happen to mention the fact that John was shown those things which were in his day to shortly take place because the time was then near (1:1, 3; 22:6, 10)?

Did he mention that Daniel was told to seal up the prophecy because the time was far off (Daniel 12) while John was told to NOT seal up the prophecy because the time was near (Rev. 22)?

It should also be noted that the word "anti-Christ" does not appear anywhere in the Revelation. It is found only in the epistles of John and even there it is characterized as the "spirit of anti-Christ." John also said that many anti-Christs were in existence in his own day!

The only people to whom the content of the Revelation was future were those of that first-century, pre-A.D. 70 time frame. As a former pre-trib., pre-mil. dispensationalist, I realize how exciting this fanciful speculation can be, but it is not grounded in God' Word.

If we do not place biblical books in their proper historical contexts, we will not be able to do accurate exegesis. The book of Revelation has long been neglected because it is assumed that it is difficult to understand. But these difficulties are lessened and understanding is much clearer when this wonderful vision is placed in its proper setting!

Preterist

YES people!! It's been lessened and shortened so much so, that He's come already!! How much shorter than that can you get?

What some need to understand is: God's timing and our timing is not the same, PERIOD. Who are we to think we got it "all figured out" REALLY? Do tell, have you got it all "figured" out? You? You? Me? Anybody?

Everyone has their own interpretation of the book of Revelation. Stick to the blueprint people! The Words of God. The Bible. Ask for wisdom and knowledge to be able to understand the things of God. Commune with other sound, biblical, God-fearing saints and study diligently.

Chances are, the condition that you're in, is the way you're going to be met. In all you're getting, get knowledge, get wisdom, get understanding, and get you're selves in order. Not here yet.........................but coming very soon...................Final Answer!!

Love, Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-03-2009 at 10:00 AM..

Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,506 times
Stick to scripture. There's a warning against taking and adding to the bible when you read the end of Revelation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity