U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,629,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
In my short period of time on this board it seems as though if you don't agree or believe the same as Marian then your not right. Now I don't really care if others think im right or wrong as long as the Lord knows whats in my heart that is all that matters to me.
If what is "in my heart" is contrary to what is in the word of God, I hope someone can show me where (by the word of God) that I am wrong. If I express personal opinions I can very well be wrong. If I quote a scripture that very plainly teaches something, it is the scriptures that you are questioning, not me.

BTW , I think your post citing my name borders on an infringement on the forum rules???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,418,426 times
Is this what God wants of us? I very seldom post anymore because of this, and from what i understand "deerdog" is fairly new. Isnt that ashame that someone comes on here wanting to "fellowship" and "discuss" not bicker and argue wether they are on the border of forum rules, or if they are "right" in your beliefs. Anyone can quote scriptures, there are alot of people who twist the scriptures into what they want them to say.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Is this what God wants of us? I very seldom post anymore because of this, and from what i understand "deerdog" is fairly new. Isnt that ashame that someone comes on here wanting to "fellowship" and "discuss" not bicker and argue wether they are on the border of forum rules, or if they are "right" in your beliefs. Anyone can quote scriptures, there are alot of people who twist the scriptures into what they want them to say.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM

40,066 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
If what is "in my heart" is contrary to what is in the word of God, I hope someone can show me where (by the word of God) that I am wrong. If I express personal opinions I can very well be wrong. If I quote a scripture that very plainly teaches something, it is the scriptures that you are questioning, not me.
What you seem unable to accept is that reading and comprehension are TWO different things. Your assumption seems to be that the way you read and comprehend the scriptures is infallible and inerrant . . . sorry . . . not from what I've seen.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you seem unable to accept is that reading and comprehension are TWO different things. Your assumption seems to be that the way you read and comprehend the scriptures is infallible and inerrant . . . sorry . . . not from what I've seen.

If I say: If you stand in front of an oncoming train and it hits/runs over you, you are going to die. If you read that, can you comprehend something else in that?
If I say: If an hydrogen bomb falls on a large city and explodes, thousands of people in that city will die. Can you comprehend that differently than others will?
Why are the scriptures differant? Things that are plainly said cannot be misread, or miscomprehended. Thay can be rejected....that is something that you seem unable to accept.

There are bound to be better examples than that, but I think you can get the point.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM

40,066 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Quote:
There are bound to be better examples than that, but I think you can get the point.
I suggest you Google the terms hermeneutics, exegesis and eisegesis and read a little about them. Then we can talk about how to read and comprehend Scripture.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 PM

309 posts, read 446,106 times
Baptism is an outward showing of dieing as the sinner and coming to life as a Child of God. Here is when the Remission of sins take place according to Jesus.

"And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:27-28 KJV)

"To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His Name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins." (Acts 10:43 KJV)

This seems pretty straightforward that its by the believing, faith, grace and the Shedding of the Blood upon that Old Rugged Cross upon Calvary by the Messiah that we are saved and not by the water.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Baptism is an outward showing of dieing as the sinner and coming to life as a Child of God. Here is when the Remission of sins take place according to Jesus.

"And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:27-28 KJV)

"To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His Name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins." (Acts 10:43 KJV)

This seems pretty straightforward that its by the believing, faith, grace and the Shedding of the Blood upon that Old Rugged Cross upon Calvary by the Messiah that we are saved and not by the water.
And where do you believe that we come into contact with His blood?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 PM

309 posts, read 446,106 times
Quote:
And where do you believe that we come into contact with His blood?
We dont contact his blood in a physical way, the only way to contact it is in a Spiritual way. Due to his shedding of the blood we are sanctified, justified, and made righteous. We are redeemed, free from sin, made holy, and purified from sin.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,418,426 times
Romans 6:4
"When we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and shared his death. So, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the wonderful power of the Father, we also can live a new life"

I would like to just throw this in there just so all of us can remember this....

Romans 14:1
"Accept into your group someone who is weak in faith, and do not argue about opinions."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity