U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I am afraid I do not get the point of your suggestion, as if I have no knowledge of the scriptures, although I have studied ( for myself) and prayed, ( for myself) for well over 42 years!!!!
I obeyed the gospel when I was 33 years old. I have not been slack in searching the scriptures to see if what I have heard and been taught is the truth.

In the over 42 years that I have been a member of the Lord's church, I have never even thought of turning my back on Him.
I have also researched most of the 'popular' groups that are called 'churches'.

I am not ignorant of either His word or the teachings of others.

There are several religious groups that think God has directed them to their religion, through their prayers. I think not! He does not have a multitude of doctrines!

BTW, I pray quite regularly for all that think they have the answer apart from the word of God. I pray for all who read these threads.
I've been praying for you, too, Marian.

It really doesn't matter how long you've been a believer.

Don't you ever ask God to give you wisdom? Knowledge? Do you know everything there is to know about Him? The Word? I hope I never get to a place like that as long as I am on this earth. I want to always be seeking Him...reading His word...learning more.

You think God didn't lead you to the church you're at?

I would be terrified listening to any preacher or attending any church that I hadn't put before God first. (Put before God meaning in prayer.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Marian, do you think I serve another that isn't God?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:27 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,895,862 times
Quote:
He will also baptize the wicked with fire. I do not to be among those who get that baptism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Marianimark, is there not scripture that says all will be touched with fire? Didn't Jesus say that "except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

What does this mean to you?
Quote:
Off Topic
Marianimark - His baptism of fire correlates to our being conformed to His image.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,628,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I've been praying for you, too, Marian.

It really doesn't matter how long you've been a believer.

Don't you ever ask God to give you wisdom? Knowledge? Do you know everything there is to know about Him? The Word? I hope I never get to a place like that as long as I am on this earth. I want to always be seeking Him...reading His word...learning more.

You think God didn't lead you to the church you're at?

I would be terrified listening to any preacher or attending any church that I hadn't put before God first. (Put before God meaning in prayer.)
Frankly I do not understand the purpose of this! Are you goading me???

Do you really think you have all knowledge? You just said you do not, and yet you are prodding me as though you think you do!
Do you really think I am no longer seeking and learning??
Will I not know everything until I am as wise as you?

Are you saying I am putting the church ahead of God??
The church is the body of Christ...how can I put His body ahead of Him???

Are you trying to get me to say something that will get me in trouble??
Is that what will make you happy???

All the things you are saying to me have no merit at all!!!

If you do not like the scriptures that I post, just put me on your ignore list.

I haven't even any idea wht started you on this examination of me!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Frankly I do not understand the purpose of this! Are you goading me???

Do you really think you have all knowledge? You just said you do not, and yet you are prodding me as though you think you do!
Do you really think I am no longer seeking and learning??
Will I not know everything until I am as wise as you?

Are you saying I am putting the church ahead of God??
The church is the body of Christ...how can I put His body ahead of Him???

Are you trying to get me to say something that will get me in trouble??
Is that what will make you happy???

All the things you are saying to me have no merit at all!!!

If you do not like the scriptures that I post, just put me on your ignore list.

I haven't even any idea wht started you on this examination of me!!!
Wow. You and I have been having a great conversation between believers, I thought. No way was I trying to goad you into anything. I wouldn't have come out and asked you a straight question if I was.

Marian...we believe different things. So we talk about it. It's ok. It's a good thing to do. You think I am trying to get you to believe as I do...well, you try to get me to believe as you do. lol There's nothing wrong with discussing differences. I hurt inside when I think of you not getting comfort from the Holy Spirit.

Time after time, you try to one up someone with how many years you've been a believer, so that's why I brought it up. Sorry about that. And to accuse me of goading you with all the insinuations you've thrown my way since I became a member here...it's funny.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, they say.

I enjoy any and all scriptures anyone posts. It's just another opportunity to open my Bible. I do not have all wisdom and all knowledge at all. That's why I rarely post...I do not want to seem as if I have THE answer...I don't want to lead anyone wrong...I don't want to hurt or upset anyone. But when I feel led to speak to someone, I step out of my shy, fearful shell and do what I am to do...as I have been doing here.

Our differences aren't going to go away. I hope you'll still talk with me about them when they come up.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM

" I hurt inside when I think of you not getting comfort from the Holy Spirit. "

How did you reach this conclusion????

The only reason I bring up how long I have been a believer is because it seems some think I am a novice! A 'babe in Christ' !

It is getting late in the day, and I didn't get my needed afternoon nap, so I will sign off for now, unless I find something less controversial.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:33 PM

You've said so many times that you believe only the apostles and a few elect way back when were given the Holy Spirit as an ongoing comfort...which led me to believe you don't think you have the Holy Spirit. Am I wrong?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM

The Spirit is guiding me to not contend with you on this subject anymore...

Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM

That's two direct questions not answered. So be it.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM

I cannot ignore the guidance of the Spirit !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity