Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really? Denounce? Show me that using scripture.
Any of these things are possible, but at the same time they are all speculations, so we will just have to see how it turns out.

Quote:
In fact show me the "anti-christ big man" in scripture.
Revelation 13:15–18, Revelation 19:20

Quote:
John said there were many anti-christs, even in his day. So how many are there?
Yes there are many anti-christ even today but there is one "THE" anti-christ (2 Thessalonians 2:3–4) "3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets..."

(Revelation 13:5–8)"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world."

Quote:
And how would people denounce a God they don't know? How could that be a conscience decision?
Everyone knows God exist even atheists, many choose to suppress Him. If they believe that God exist then they owe it to their salvation to find out Who that God is and what He wants from us. I am sure the antichrist will convince them just like many do today that Christianity is evil and God is a tyrant and that we should put away such primitive nonsensicle thinking and embrace humanity, the here and now because that's all we have. Just like many do today in what is becoming a more anti-christian concious world.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-02-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
I'd totally do it. I'd have my chip transmit wirelessly to a web page so I could keep track of myself.

www.keeptrackofbigthirsty.blogspot.com (broken link)

Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
But is isn't the mark. The mark has been around for 2000 years, it is just that most people would have to wake up to see it for what it actually is. And the sad part about it, once they do, they are faced with a decision that most people don't want to take. So they will refute it, and by doing so, accept it. They live for it, they work for it, and unless you have it, you will not eat, period. I am sure you know what it is....
Hi Hot!....I'm sure I know what you know it is...but honestly, I'm not so sure that I know what it is....If someone in our Govt' were to tell me that they had this implant, "..Just for me, so that I could protect my identity...", I"m not so sure I would take it. If they told me it was mandatory...I think that would "red- flag' me all over the place! I really don't think I would, seriously, then, if I tried to use my debit card at Publix,and they started to scan me before I could buy my groceries... Ohhhh my...I'd run for the hills! Know what I mean?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:48 PM

[quote=Fundamentalist;6809714]Having a financial microchip inserted into your right hand or forehead is not the mark of the beast.
The mark of the beast will be something given only to those who worship the antichrist. I believe the mark will be an outward mark because the antichrist will want his worshippers to display his mark loud and proud infront of almighty God and it will make it that much more difficult for Christians to hide.

People who take the mark will know full well that they are denouncing God and venerating the antichrist.[/quote]I don't know Fundy...I'm not so sure about that...wouldn't it be the self-proclaimed Christians that would be the most obvious target to mark?......or arrest?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Good question! We don't know if we will or not, about the part "will we be here!" Our Lord has and will give us wisdom, strength and peace about these last days.

I so believe God will give His people whatever it takes to endure anything, especially, if we will have to go through this.
And the power to deny it. Along with the abilities to survive without it! But God is greater then anything that would try to deceive or hurt us!
His says, His children will not beg for bread. I believe He will provide for whatever the need that will befall us in the future. And fear needs not to overcome or enter our hearts!

God is and will keep us! I know with all my heart He is with us (me) and will never forsake His children, even with all this! I so trust Him and have a peace about the whole thing that is coming!

Rest in Him!!!
Blessings
That's so comforting curly I love you!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'd totally do it. I'd have my chip transmit wirelessly to a web page so I could keep track of myself.

www.keeptrackofbigthirsty.blogspot.com
Do you really think that you could keep up with your crazy self?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hi Hot!....I'm sure I know what you know it is...but honestly, I'm not so sure that I know what it is....If someone in our Govt' were to tell me that they had this implant, "..Just for me, so that I could protect my identity...", I"m not so sure I would take it. If they told me it was mandatory...I think that would "red- flag' me all over the place! I really don't think I would, seriously, then, if I tried to use my debit card at Publix,and they started to scan me before I could buy my groceries... Ohhhh my...I'd run for the hills! Know what I mean?
Like I said though. It has been around for the last 2,000 years. Most people think that this is going to be a HARD choice, like starving to death, or taking a chip. Others think that the "Sabbath" is the sign. Ohers think that it will be some sort of financial mark, or currency.

My thoughts are that ANYTHING that takes us away from our Love of God, and causes us to fall towards the world, can be the "mark".

Sinning against God for example, would be taking the mark. Why? Because it is the number of a man,,US. It is the worship of a man, or money, or idolizing goods, or striving to be like someone else, or just "following" the crowd. It is ALL of these, for in these how can we be sealed by God? Sinners aren't sealed, right? But God seals those who are His and obey Him. Rev 14. They are blameless, and pure, and don't lie. In other words, they don't sin. But those in Rev 14 are from the earth, sealed by God. These are not found in the sea(religion), but they are called out from the earth to serve God and His ways. Rev 14:12 gives us who these people are.

Check this video out and tell me what you think. Most Christians will say that we are to obey the 10 commandments. Are we? Or are we not? Can we change them, like the "thou shalt not kill" when it comes to war? Or the Sabbath, when it comes to "sunday"?

YouTube - The Mark Of The Beast Revealed

I believe the mark of the beast is anything that replaces God in our hearts, so that we sit on God's throne and declare ourselves that we are God, and that we try and rule our lives instead of allowing Christ to dwell in our hearts and take His rightful Throne. I mean really, think about it.

The fundies will tell you that the anti-Christ is a literal being who will reign terror upon the earth, and that Christians will be taken on a magic carpet ride to heaven before this happens. These doctrines are all new, within the last couple of hundred years! Why is this, and what happened in the last couple hundred years? They will also tell you that the mark of the beast will be "implanted" under the skin, so be on the look out for this.

The beasts of Revelation is people. It really is that simple. The beast from the sea, comes out of religion. It is a religion that isn't Spiritual, and is man's way of controling others, through intimidation and fear.

The beast of the earth, is like the magician Simon in Acts 8, who by not even being religious, want and covet the freedoms found in God, so that they can control others as well. Governments come from this as well rising up, even in the name of the religions of God, to control the populace. Why?

Both systems are a means of control. Religion and Government. They use these systems so that the pure hearted undefiled person will have no choice but to live and follow these systems, to enslave their minds, and use them as chattle to control. They need money. They need jobs. They to buy and sell. They need to feel wanted and appreciated. They need, they need, they need, they need, they need.

Arghhhh!!!!!!

They need God! Only in God is there freedom, and His name is the name above ALL other names. Jesus the Christ, my King, my Saviour.

Why complicate something that is so simple, with conspiracy theories. It is coming, but I say it has always been here, even before Jesus. How many throughout history have come bringing glad tidings, or speak as a Lamb, but have the mouth of a dragon, only too be the cause of so much destruction.

Praise God. Make Him first in our lives, and worry not about where the next day will come like. It is really in His Hands, not ours.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
The fundies will tell you that the anti-Christ is a literal being who will reign terror upon the earth, and that Christians will be taken on a magic carpet ride to heaven before this happens. These doctrines are all new, within the last couple of hundred years! Why is this, and what happened in the last couple hundred years?

How many throughout history have come bringing glad tidings, or speak as a Lamb, but have the mouth of a dragon, only too be the cause of so much destruction.

Do even a minor research on this new doctrine, and what you will find will blow your minds, and free them.

Wiki- John Darby, father of modern dispensationalism
Wiki-William Blackstone, who sold over a million copies of his book

If Blackstone felt this strongly about the Jewish people, why didn't he feel this way about the American Indian? See below!

Quote:
Blackstone (http://mideastoutpost.com/archives/000437.html - broken link) also pressed the legality of Jewish claims in Palestine, quoting international law, and averring that since the Jewish people have never given up their claim, but rather, were dispossessed, no law of “dereliction“ or abandonment could obtain “for they never abandoned the land. They made no treaty; they did not even surrender. They simply succumbed, after the most desperate conflict, to the overwhelming power of the Romans...the Jewish claim is legal…”

Just did deep into the lives and the later people they influenced. This new doctrine basically told people to look up, instead of look around, and within. People gave up their rights and heritage, for a bowl of stew, and this bowl was called "security". Want to know more, just research it out.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:31 AM

302 posts, read 553,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Good question! We don't know if we will or not, about the part "will we be here!" Our Lord has and will give us wisdom, strength and peace about these last days.

I so believe God will give His people whatever it takes to endure anything, especially, if we will have to go through this.
And the power to deny it. Along with the abilities to survive without it! But God is greater then anything that would try to deceive or hurt us!
His says, His children will not beg for bread. I believe He will provide for whatever the need that will befall us in the future. And fear needs not to overcome or enter our hearts!

God is and will keep us! I know with all my heart He is with us (me) and will never forsake His children, even with all this! I so trust Him and have a peace about the whole thing that is coming!

Rest in Him!!!
Blessings
Amen. Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Default Wisdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Any of these things are possible, but at the same time they are all speculations, so we will just have to see how it turns out.

Revelation 13:15–18, Revelation 19:20

Yes there are many anti-christ even today but there is one "THE" anti-christ (2 Thessalonians 2:3–4) "3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets..."

(Revelation 13:5–8)"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world."

Everyone knows God exist even atheists, many choose to suppress Him. If they believe that God exist then they owe it to their salvation to find out Who that God is and what He wants from us. I am sure the antichrist will convince them just like many do today that Christianity is evil and God is a tyrant and that we should put away such primitive nonsensicle thinking and embrace humanity, the here and now because that's all we have. Just like many do today in what is becoming a more anti-christian concious world.
Here's to wisdom! God Bless you! I know we don't always agree on certain things, which is okay, but this, this right here, right now, the Spirit of God is surely working through you! Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity