U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times
Reputation: 841

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's what I believe from reading the bible. The mark of the beast will be an end times "mark" required by the antichrist to buy or sell and will be given only to those who worship the antichrist.
This is a mark that identifies someone as being faithful to the antichrist's kingdom.

This mark will be more than buying and selling, it will be a mark of solidarity-an ideology behind this mark-an ideology in which religion has no place. People will know full well what it means to accept the mark.
Good Morning Fundy... Respectively...You haven't given me anything here to support your view on why this mark would not be this implamt...so far, your explanation supports the idea...can be scanned ...it will be implanted to be scanned...to purchase necessities, and to track all tha activity of our spending...I don't think it will be so "obvious", as to wether or not it is "anti-christ"...Many innocent people would accept it not knowing it is anti-christ..Re: some of the very people posting here... your thoughts....?...Love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2009, 07:38 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,322,078 times
Reputation: 1786
Verna

You are localizing this MoB conspiracy of yours.

Remove your tinfoil hat and ask yourself how it will happen outside of the USA.

If the RFID chip is to say replace the debit card SS ID, how does that fly with the rest of the world where there is no EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer at Point of Sale) IOW the infrastructure with scanners etc.

By your own interpretation of Revelation 13
Rev 13:16 And it causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark on their right hand, or in their foreheads,
Rev 13:17 even that not any might buy or sell except those having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.
Or is all not really all here as the beast from the sea is not really a beast from the sea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,721,420 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Good Morning Fundy... Respectively...You haven't given me anything here to support your view on why this mark would not be this implamt...so far, your explanation supports the idea...can be scanned ...it will be implanted to be scanned...to purchase necessities, and to track all tha activity of our spending...I don't think it will be so "obvious", as to wether or not it is "anti-christ"...Many innocent people would accept it not knowing it is anti-christ..Re: some of the very people posting here... your thoughts....?...Love
(Revelation 13:15–18) "15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his..."

(Revelation 14:9) "9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,"

(Revelation 15:2) "2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God"

(Revelation 16:2) "2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly and painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his image."

(Revelation 19:20) "20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of..."

(Revelation 20:4) "4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark..."

There is no mistake that people who accept the mark of the Beast will do so willingly, they will substitute the God of the bible for the anti-christ. The mark acts as a "seal" to show their approval and solidarity for the anti-christ. They love him, believe in him, worship him so why not prove it being branded by him to show him and the world their allegiance to him which in turn will "seal" their fate with him for all eternity.

There will be no innocent people who accept the mark. The mark of the beast will be something given ONLY to those who worship the antichrist.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-04-2009 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(Revelation 13:15–18) "15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his..."

(Revelation 14:9) "9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand,"

(Revelation 15:2) "2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God"

(Revelation 16:2) "2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly and painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his image."

(Revelation 19:20) "20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of..."

(Revelation 20:4) "4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark..."

There is no mistake that people who accept the mark of the Beast will do so willingly, they will substitute the God of the bible for the anti-christ. The mark acts as a "seal" to show their approval and solidarity for the anti-christ. They love him, believe in him, worship him so why not prove it being branded by him to show him and the world their allegiance to him which in turn will "seal" their fate with him for all eternity.

There will be no innocent people who accept the mark. The mark of the beast will be something given ONLY to those who worship the antichrist.
Fundy...Have I told you lately that I love you?......These scriptures are soooo gooood!!!!......Awesome-Awesome-Awesome!...Reassuring...comforting...everlasting! Thank you...great job! I still don't think I'll let them implant me...it just seems so wrong...like we're some sort of machine...ugh!!! Ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Verna

You are localizing this MoB conspiracy of yours.

Remove your tinfoil hat and ask yourself how it will happen outside of the USA.

If the RFID chip is to say replace the debit card SS ID, how does that fly with the rest of the world where there is no EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer at Point of Sale) IOW the infrastructure with scanners etc.

By your own interpretation of Revelation 13
Rev 13:16 And it causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark on their right hand, or in their foreheads,
Rev 13:17 even that not any might buy or sell except those having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.
Or is all not really all here as the beast from the sea is not really a beast from the sea?
If the RFID chip is to say replace the debit card SS ID, how does that fly with the rest of the world where there is no EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer at Point of Sale) IOW the infrastructure with scanners etc.


Hello Seeker......First of all, allow me to clarify myself...I admitt that I'm not at all certain about what will be...I've said that I do not understand...I started this thread to find out what others think...hoping to learn something... When this day comes...and it will...whatever they use to scan people at the point of sale, whether it be this implant or some other "mark", it will be scanned at the point of sale. You ask me how will this fly with the rest of the world?...Are you familiar with the term, "One World Order?" This too will come...thank you for your post....Love.........oh, and...the only hat I wear is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer Super Bowl Championship Hat....Yeaaa!! Go Bucs!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,266,140 times
Reputation: 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Fundy...Have I told you lately that I love you?......These scriptures are SO gooood!!!!......Awesome-Awesome-Awesome!...Reassuring...comforting...everlasting! Thank you...great job! I still don't think I'll let them implant me...it just seems so wrong...like we're some sort of machine...ugh!!! Ya know?
Amen...
You know whether it is the mark or not of the beast the Lord says not to take a mark.
I feel regardless if it is from the anti-Christ or not, we are to obey the Lord and taking this implant to me would even be an act of disobedience. It is a mark upon our bodies and if it is mandatory to the world to do, will the scripture does say;
Rev.13:16-17
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It's kind of why I always dislike the idea of tatoo's... it is a form of desensitizing us to what is to come.
People are saying what's the big deal! That train of thought scares me.

"With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. "

So many things have caused people to become desensitized to a lot of things, especially of that which will be coming!

Satan has been working on this for years.... it isn't something new and that is going to just appear over night.... He has been deceiving in many ways, more than people acknowledge. Desensitizing is one of his biggest instruments of deceiving people into believing the lie.

And just to say Verna, the Lord tells us if we feel something is wrong in doing and we do it we have sinned!
Listen to the scripture and your heart, not what people say...
Bless you!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-04-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,574 posts, read 21,726,369 times
Reputation: 18115
I imagine hundreds of thousands could say the mark was a long list numbers tatooed into ones arm...Some could say the mark of the beast is our social security number or maybe, maybe, maybe....

Personally, my goal is to become more in tune with living a Christlike life and maybe show others the peace that comes to you through the holy spirit than hoping to frighten people into believing that the world is ending because we are such a bad bunch and that ones only hope is to believe what my interpretation of scripture is..

He is an all loving God and has no plans of "revenge" or "destruction" on what He created out of love..Any destruction or revenge is our own doing which we should not blame on our Father...The destruction if and when it comes will be out of our own self-righteousnessand greed and hate...because he gave us choice...

As always this is strictly my own opinion
And I still love you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
 
302 posts, read 477,009 times
Reputation: 82
Default Let us not be anxious about tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hello Donna! So would you accept the implant if the Govt. made it mandatory for us to do so?...
Verna, I don't answer hypothetical questions because I don't know all the details. Too much time is wasted among Christians with surmisings about the big temptations of the future while the small temptations of today are ignored.

We need to focus on our duty to our Creator today. Then, our relationship to God and our victories over sin will strengthen our faith for the evil of the morrow. Will we obey these words of Jesus?

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Matthew 6:31-34

In matters of the future, I rest upon the faithfulness of God who will not allow me to be tested beyond what I am able to endure. (See 1 Corinthians 10:13)

Donna Kupp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,423,849 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen...
You know whether it is the mark or not of the beast the Lord says not to take a mark.
I feel regardless if it is from the anti-Christ or not, we are to obey the Lord and taking this implant to me would even be an act of disobedience. It is a mark upon our bodies and if it is mandatory to the world to do, will the scripture does say;
Rev.13:16-17
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It's kind of why I always dislike the idea of tatoo's... it is a form of desensitizing us to what is to come.
People are saying what's the big deal! That train of thought scares me.

"With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. "

So many things have caused people to become desensitized to a lot of things, especially of that which will be coming!

Satan has been working on this for years.... it isn't something new and that is going to just appear over night.... He has been deceiving in many ways, more than people acknowledge. Desensitizing is one of his biggest instruments of deceiving people into believing the lie.

And just to say Verna, the Lord tells us if we feel something is wrong in doing and we do it we have sinned!
Listen to the scripture and your heart, not what people say...
Bless you!
...and Curly......have I told YOU lately how much I love you?......and I do! Yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...everything you say, YES!

...and you know, some say why worry about this?...I'm not worried...honestly...I just know that that there is so much I don't understand, that I want to understand better...if possible...and I believe that this is why we are here...to learn from each other...learn to listen sometimes instead of babbling on and on and on so much...doesn't the Bible say that...iron sharpeneth iron? Well...this dull piece of work needs sharpening!!! ...Love!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,266,140 times
Reputation: 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Verna, I don't answer hypothetical questions because I don't know all the details. Too much time is wasted among Christians with surmisings about the big temptations of the future while the small temptations of today are ignored.

We need to focus on our duty to our Creator today. Then, our relationship to God and our victories over sin will strengthen our faith for the evil of the morrow. Will we obey these words of Jesus?

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Matthew 6:31-34

In matters of the future, I rest upon the faithfulness of God who will not allow me to be tested beyond what I am able to endure. (See 1 Corinthians 10:13)

Donna Kupp
Amen, Donna! The Lord tells us not to lean on our own understanding....it gets us into places that are not good.
But to trust Him and He will direct our paths...... that is all we need, He is faithful to give us the strength, courage, wisdom, to endure till the end!!!

Trust and obey....for there is no other way!!! I love that song!
Blessings to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top