U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,419,530 times

Advertisements

Beelzebub: Satan’s second-in- command. Beelzebubdiscusses with Satan their options after being cast in to Hell, and at the debate suggests that they investigate the newly created Earth. He and Satan embody perverted reason, since they are both eloquent and rational but use their talents for wholly corrupt end.

Belial: One of the principal devils in Hell. Belialargues against further war with Heaven, but he does so because he is an embodiment of sloth and
inactivity, not for good reason. His eloquence and learning is great, and he is able to persuade many of the devils with his reasoning.

Mammon: Adevil known in the Bible as the epitome of wealth. Mammon always walks hunched over, as if he is searching the ground for valuables.
In the debate among the devils, he argues against war, seeing no profit to be gained from it. He believes Hell can be improved by
mining the gems and minerals they find there.

Mulciber: The devil who builds Pandemonium, Satan’s palace in Hell. Mulcber’s character is based on a Greek mythological figure known
for the being a poor architect, but in Milton’s poem he is one of the most productive and skilled devils in Hell.

Moloch: A rash, irrational, and murderous devil. Moloch argues in
Pandemonium that the devils should engage in another fall war against God the Father and his servant angels.

Sin: Satan’s daughter, who sprang full-formed from Satan’s head when he was still in Heaven. Sin has the shape of a woman above the waist, that
of a serpent below, who periodically burrow into her womb and gnaw her entrails. She guards the gates of Hell.

Death: Satan’s son by his daughter sin. Death in turn rapes his mother, begetting the mass of beats that torment her lower half. The relations
between Death, Sin, and Satan mimic horribly those of the Holy Trinity.

Satan: Lucifer-Satan, once respected of all angels, fell from God’s grace.
His heart was full of pride, now from pride has a crack in his heart. Now Satan realizing, that his time is short in our world and must face judgment.
Some readers consider Satan to be the hero, or protagonist, of the story, because he struggles to overcome his own doubts and weakness
and accomplishes his goal of trying corrupting humankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,475,103 times
umm,,,ok.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:35 PM

Post The EXPULSION: Part 2

Isaiah 14: 12 – 21; Gen. 3: 13; Daniel 4: 1 – 18, 19 – 27; Matt.24: 2; Matt. 23: 37; Isaiah 13: 9 - 11 The Words of God
How you are fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into Heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of GOD: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregations in the farthest sides of the North; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.” Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the depths of the pit.
Because you have done this evil, you are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust All the days of your life.
Those who see you will gaze at you, and consider you, saying is this the man who made the earth to tremble, who shook kingdoms,Chop down the tree and cut off its branches, strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit.
Let the beasts get out from under it, and the birds from its branches. Nevertheless leaves the stump and roots in the earth, bound with a band of iron and bronze, set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nation no more till the thousand years were finished.
But after these things he must be released for a little while.
In the tender grass of the field.
Let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let him graze with the beasts on the grass of the earth.
Let his heart be changed from that of a man, Let him given the heart of a beast, and let seven times pass over him.
Whomade the world as a wilderness and destroy its cites, who did not open the house of his prisoners? “Babylon has falling? All the kings of the nation, all of them, Sleep in glory, everyone in his house; But you are cast out of your grave like an abominable branch, like the garment of those who are slain, Thrust through with mighty sword, who go down to the stones of the pit, like a corpse trodden underfoot.
You will not be joined with them in burial; do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown downO Jerusalem, Jerusalem my Israel, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gather her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, Blessed is He who come in name of the LORD
Because you have destroyed your land and slain your people.
The brood of evildoer shall never be named.
Prepare slaughter for his children because of the iniquity of their fathers, lest they rise up and possess the land, and fill the face of the world with cities.” Hell from beneath is excited about you, to meet you at your coming; It stirs up the dead for you, all the chief ones of the earth; it has raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations, they all shall speak and say to you: Have you also become as weak as we? Have you become like us? Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, and the sound of your stringed instruments; the maggot is spread under you, and worms cover you[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,726,878 times
Interesting read

Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM

Post A Hose Divided Cannot Stand: Part 3

A Strong Man
A Hose Divided Cannot Stand:
Can a house or a church be built on sand and would it stand, or on mountain of solid rock?
Matthew 12: 22 – 30; 3: 26; 11: 17, 20, 21, 22, 26 Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
28And if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
22But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
26And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
29Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.
30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Beelzebub the prince of the devils a strong man, first bind the strong man? And spoil his goods.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Solid Rock; Part 4

Solid Rock
Matthew 7: 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Default A broken up Home: Part 5

A broken up Home
Matthew 23: 42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Post What happens to a person when he continue to sin? Part 5

What happens to a person when he continue to sin?
Gensis 4:7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. This means, that sin will rule over a person's life.
Psalms 118:18The Lord hath chastened me sore; but he hath not given me over unto death.
Romans 6:23For the Wages of Sin is Death. This is the second death.
Revelation 2:11He that over cometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
In Rom. 1:18God’s wrath is in view.
In Rom. 1:19-20;Man can sees the power of God in the world.
In Rom. 1:21-22;Man refuses to give God glory and honor, and man’s manifestation, total spiritual deadness, and total depravity, beginning with our first parents, Adam and Eve.
In Romans 1:24, 26, 28;God give them up to a Reprobate mind,
And Romans 1:29-31;There are 24 Sins, God speak about in these verses.
In Romans 1:32;Man knows he deserves to be damned and that he persists in his sins, and that he even enjoys and delights to see others to sin against God, because of his depravity.
Romans 1:28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God give them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 2: 16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,427,633 times
POWERFUL WORRIER WHO PIERCES THE HEART WITH A 2- EDGED SWORD!!! TheWordIsOne!! HALLALEJUAH!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,725,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
POWERFUL WORRIER
Yes, like many evangelicals TWIO is a powerful worrier!

The Lucifer Myth:

The KJV followed Jerome's lead from the Vulgate - an early-5th-century translation of the Bible into Latin from Greek (note: NOT from the original Hebrew). In Jerome's translation - "Lucifer" occurs in Isaiah 14:12-14 as a translation of the Greek word heosphorus ("dawn-bearer"), an epithet of Venus. The actual Hebrew text says הילל בן שחר (heilel ben-schahar), meaning "Helel son of Shahar."

Helel was a Babylonian / Canaanite god who was the son of another Babylonian / Canaanite god named Shahar.

Helel was the god of the morning star and his father was Shahar, god of the dawn. Some translations of Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning!" American Standard Version translating Hebrew Helel as "day-star" and the Hebrew word Ben as son and the Hebrew word Shahar as "of the morning."

In Isaiah, this title is specifically used, in a prophetic vision, referring the king of Babylon's pride and to illustrate his eventual fate by referencing Babylon's own mythological accounts of the planet Venus' fall from grace from among the gods.

There is just centuries of Christian tradition (non-biblical) attached to the subject and the obvious meaning has been covered over in favor of things which make great science fiction but very poor theology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or