Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,744,161 times

Advertisements

“A great voice of a great multitude.” In the worship scenes of Chapter 5-7 we saw elders, the church and the uncounted numbers of angels and created intelligences all worshiping God. Now a great number of tribulation saints have been added to the chorus, and they are going to sing. This is something marvelous, this is the first time they have been able to utter the great note of praise of the Old Covenant -- Hallelujah! This word, Hallelujah occurs four times in the first six verses. This is its only occurrence in the New Covenant. It is reserved for final victory. It is interesting to note that hallelujah occurs frequently in the Book of Psalms. It means “praise the Lord.” It appears in frequent succession in Psalms 146-150. In fact, Psalm 150 is a mighty crescendo of praise. Hallelujah is a fitting note of praise at this juncture in the Book of Revelation. The Great Tribulation is over. Jesus is coming. The church is to be united with Christ in marriage. Hallelujah! Let’s sing it, my friend! Every year I love to hear Mandel’s Messiah being sung, but regardless of what choir sings it they don’t even touch the rim of the great Hallelujah of this future day.
Psalm 104:35. Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord. Hallelujah! Hallelujah because God is coming to judge, and the wicked are going to be removed from the earth. Hallelujah is an expletive of praise as the final phase of salvation is coming to pass. This is something that Paul talked about in
Romans 8:18-23 TRANSFIGURATION! For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waited for the manifestation of the son of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travailed in pain together until now.
And not they, but ourselves also which have the first fruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves.
Waiting for the adoption to wit, the redemption of our body.

The promises of God
Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 33:20 Our soul waited for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 37:7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devises to pass.
Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in thee.
Psalm 40:1 I WAITED patiently for the Lord and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 59:3 For lo, they lie in wait for my soul; the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgressions, nor for my sin, O Lord.
Psalm 69:6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake; let not these that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
Psalm 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee.
Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the Lord that hideth his face from the house of Jacob and I will look for him.
Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him and he will save us; this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Isaiah 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgment, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name and to the remembrance of thee.
Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you; for the Lord is a God of judgment; blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isaiah 33:2 O Lord, be gracious unto us, we have waited for thee; be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers; they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth and thou shalt know that I am the Lord; for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
Isaiah 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
Lamentations 3:25. The Lord s good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Zephaniah 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey; for my determination is to gather the nation, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger; for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Zech. 11:11 And it was broken in that day; and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.
Luke 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh they may open unto him immediately.
I Corinthians 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
II Thess. 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
James 5:7 Be patient therefore brother and sister unto the coming of the Lord. Behold the husbandman waited for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Amen.

My friend, this is that day which is coming. Thy will be released from bondage of sin. In the meantime it groans. Go to the seashore and listen to the waves.
One night I was put to sleep by the breaking of the waves on the shore. But the waves were sobbing as it were, sobbing out their sorrow.
Go up in the mountains and listen at night to the wing going through the pine trees.
There is not a soprano in all of those pine trees, nor is there a redwood that can sing soprano.
Their sounds are all subdued, quiet groans as they await the coming of the Lord, that great day upon the earth.
And we groan. I don’t know about you, but I groan every day. When I was a young man at home I used to come bounding down the stairs. Now when I come down the stairs I groan with every step.
My friend says, “you ought not to groan.” I tell you that groaning is scriptural.
We groan within our bodies, as the scripture says. I’m all for groaning while we are here.
But one day the groaning will be changed to hallelujahs, and that is what John is talking about here.

Revelation 19:2-4 For true and righteous are his judgments; for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. And the second time they said Alleluia. And he hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. Hallelujah.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 01-04-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 12:48 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,411,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
“A great voice of a great multitude.” In the worship scenes of Chapter 5-7 we saw elders, the church and the uncounted numbers of angels and created intelligences all worshiping God. Now a great number of tribulation saints have been added to the chorus, and they are going to sing. This is something marvelous, this is the first time they have been able to utter the great note of praise of the Old Covenant -- Hallelujah! This word, Hallelujah occurs four times in the first six verses. This is its only occurrence in the New Covenant. It is reserved for final victory. It is interesting to note that hallelujah occurs frequently in the Book of Psalms. It means “praise the Lord.” It appears in frequent succession in Psalms 146-150. In fact, Psalm 150 is a mighty crescendo of praise. Hallelujah is a fitting note of praise at this juncture in the Book of Revelation. The Great Tribulation is over. Jesus is coming. The church is to be united with Christ in marriage. Hallelujah! Let’s sing it, my friend! Every year I love to hear Mandel’s Messiah being sung, but regardless of what choir sings it they don’t even touch the rim of the great Hallelujah of this future day.
Psalm 104:35. Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord. Hallelujah! Hallelujah because God is coming to judge, and the wicked are going to be removed from the earth. Hallelujah is an expletive of praise as the final phase of salvation is coming to pass. This is something that Paul talked about in
Romans 8:18-23 TRANSFIGURATION! For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waited for the manifestation of the son of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travailed in pain together until now.
And not they, but ourselves also which have the first fruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves.
Waiting for the adoption to wit, the redemption of our body.

The promises of God
Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 33:20 Our soul waited for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 37:7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devises to pass.
Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in thee.
Psalm 40:1 I WAITED patiently for the Lord and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 59:3 For lo, they lie in wait for my soul; the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgressions, nor for my sin, O Lord.
Psalm 69:6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake; let not these that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
Psalm 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee.
Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the Lord that hideth his face from the house of Jacob and I will look for him.
Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him and he will save us; this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Isaiah 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgment, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name and to the remembrance of thee.
Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you; for the Lord is a God of judgment; blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isaiah 33:2 O Lord, be gracious unto us, we have waited for thee; be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers; they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth and thou shalt know that I am the Lord; for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
Isaiah 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
Lamentations 3:25. The Lord s good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Zephaniah 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey; for my determination is to gather the nation, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger; for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Zech. 11:11 And it was broken in that day; and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.
Luke 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh they may open unto him immediately.
I Corinthians 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
II Thess. 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
James 5:7 Be patient therefore brother and sister unto the coming of the Lord. Behold the husbandman waited for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Amen.

My friend, this is that day which is coming. Thy will be released from bondage of sin. In the meantime it groans. Go to the seashore and listen to the waves.
One night I was put to sleep by the breaking of the waves on the shore. But the waves were sobbing as it were, sobbing out their sorrow.
Go up in the mountains and listen at night to the wing going through the pine trees.
There is not a soprano in all of those pine trees, nor is there a redwood that can sing soprano.
Their sounds are all subdued, quiet groans as they await the coming of the Lord, that great day upon the earth.
And we groan. I don’t know about you, but I groan every day. When I was a young man at home I used to come bounding down the stairs. Now when I come down the stairs I groan with every step.
My friend says, “you ought not to groan.” I tell you that groaning is scriptural.
We groan within our bodies, as the scripture says. I’m all for groaning while we are here.
But one day the groaning will be changed to hallelujahs, and that is what John is talking about here.

Revelation 19:2-4 For true and righteous are his judgments; for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia. And the second time they said Alleluia. And he hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. Hallelujah.
For you Lord I'll wait!! Be Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity