Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:33 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,111,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
It's called resurrection.
Jesus didn't come back as someone else.
I didn’t think it meant you had to come back as someone else, I thought to reincarnate just meant coming back as flesh. Reincarnation, literally "to be made flesh again",
So what if it looked the same or was the same corpse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 05:13 PM

777 posts, read 1,437,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
I didn’t think it meant you had to come back as someone else, I thought to reincarnate just meant coming back as flesh. Reincarnation, literally "to be made flesh again",
Actually it is a physical body but not one made of flesh and blood.
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1Corinthians 15:50
It doesn't function according to biology, but according to the Spirit of God.
Jesus isn't a living corpse.

But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"
1Cor 15:35

There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

1Cor 15:40-44

This is not a reoccurring event, but one time at the resurrection.

If you want more information and the practical reason for this - see posts #37 & 39.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...t-earth-4.html

"If" Jesus is who He said he is, it would be wise to align oneself with Him.

After about one second after asking Him to be my Savior AND Lord, I threw my "if" away, since he let me understand that He is real.
That was about 25 years ago.
As one who formerly despised the church, I'd highly recommend the living Christ to anyone and everyone.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM

John 20:27
Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

Do you think Thomas was touching a spirit or flesh?

Resurrection, reincarnation.
A rose by any other name.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

A physical body which will never die or be visited by sickness.
Quote:
It will make no difference for you what you think.
If you aren't born of the Spirit, you won't partake in the resurrection to life.
The alternative may seem irrelevant to you, but what if you're wrong?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:47 PM

Well anyway, I don’t believe in reincarnation. But I think your bible has an example of reincarnation in it.
And that is when Jesus rose again in the flesh. Whether that body dies again or never dies makes no difference. It did reincarnate. As the story in the new testament reads.
Although to Ops question was directed towards Christians after reading thought all the pages on this thread I was surprised that no one brought up Jesus resurrection (reincarnation)

Have a nice evening,
Aeroman

Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,525,899 times
Quote:

Okay, since you are not interested in scriptures lets look at the words in the dictionary:

Resurrection 1. the act or an instance of rising from the dead.

Reincarnation, the rebirth of a soul in a new body.

Can you see the differance?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Well anyway, I don’t believe in reincarnation. But I think your bible has an example of reincarnation in it.
And that is when Jesus rose again in the flesh. Whether that body dies again or never dies makes no difference. It did reincarnate. As the story in the new testament reads.
Although to Ops question was directed towards Christians after reading thought all the pages on this thread I was surprised that no one brought up Jesus resurrection (reincarnation)

Have a nice evening,
Aeroman
You too.
Richio

Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,983,088 times
Quote:
Jesus' "new" body, while it appeared the same, was no longer 'flesh and blood' it was was "flesh and bone"....Lu 24:39. It was a flesh body that changed into a spiritual body i.e flesh and bone. Just as we will someday change from this flesh and blood body to a spiritual body. Neither is/was reincarnation.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,795,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Jesus' "new" body, while it appeared the same, was no longer 'flesh and blood' it was was "flesh and bone"....Lu 24:39. It was a flesh body that changed into a spiritual body i.e flesh and bone. Just as we will someday change from this flesh and blood body to a spiritual body. Neither is/was reincarnation.
I am open to the soul incarnating into more than one human vessel. I have definitely had the feeling that I have known different people before, in different relationships. But no one knows anything for certain - those who are so 'sure' about what is 'real' have nothing but articles of 'faith' to back it up, and faith is belief, pure and simple, not fact, in this physical universe. However it is a fact that spirit transmutes to flesh, and vice versa, so the idea of God becoming flesh, and spirit inhabiting flesh is acceptable, so why is a more than once occurance so difficult to grasp?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:55 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,983,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I am open to the soul incarnating into more than one human vessel. I have definitely had the feeling that I have known different people before, in different relationships. But no one knows anything for certain - those who are so 'sure' about what is 'real' have nothing but articles of 'faith' to back it up, and faith is belief, pure and simple, not fact, in this physical universe. However it is a fact that spirit transmutes to flesh, and vice versa, so the idea of God becoming flesh, and spirit inhabiting flesh is acceptable, so why is a more than once occurance so difficult to grasp?
I am not exactly sure what you mean in the places I have high-lighted? Could you expound a bit more? thxs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity