U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Ilene,

Fair enough, you have probably got enough on your plate with "digesting" the reconciliation of all through Christ --------I am not sure that I am a "preterist" but I do believe that a lot has already been fulfilled in 70AD physically and have been wondering about what spiritual things are being fulfilled since 70AD, I know that preterists say that other preterists are not really preterists, just like some christians say of other christians are not real christians ....... I find that labels are very divisive, they seems to take away the seeking of truth from what is actually being said and who to, and puts the emphasis on following what people have said --------> baptist, mormon, calvinist, preterist, universalist,

We are to test the spirits not just go along with party lines ---- I believe the Holy Spirit gives individual revelations -- it seems to me that problems happen when those individual revelations are made into denominations.
Now that I can agree with!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,174,945 times
Jesus refers to earth quakes as the beginning of birth pains.

Every woman knows that as the time comes to give birth, the pains become more frequent and intense. Not only will earthquakes will become more frequent and intense, so will the attacks upon the true Christian Church.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,016,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus refers to earth quakes as the beginning of birth pains.

Every woman knows that as the time comes to give birth, the pains become more frequent and intense. Not only will earthquakes will become more frequent and intense, so will the attacks upon the true Christian Church.
Amen TwinSpin!!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,722,690 times
Quote:
Not only will earthquakes will become more frequent and intense, so will the attacks upon the true Christian Church.
This is called a persecution complex Twin.

Some friendly advice: Get over your perceived exclusivity and specialness and spread some love around.

When a man's ways please the Lord he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

There's nothing worse than a child of the King whining about how they are under attack. Your Father owns the universe. Get over it.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,174,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
This is called a persecution complex Twin.

Some friendly advice: Get over your perceived exclusivity and specialness and spread some love around.

When a man's ways please the Lord he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

There's nothing worse than a child of the King whining about how they are under attack. Your Father owns the universe. Get over it.
Speaking of the end times, Jesus said:

Matthew 24:12
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

Paul exhorts:

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere.Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,722,690 times
Quote:
Speaking of the end times, Jesus said:

Matthew 24:12
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

Paul exhorts:

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere.Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Peter to his contemporaries: "The end of all things is at hand..." (1 Peter 4:7)

Paul to his contemporaries: "Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come". (I Cor. 10:11)

Paul or maybe some other writer to his contemporaries: "in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world". (Heb. 1:2)

You're eschatology is off by a couple of thousand years.

Notice to Christians: Do well and you will receive praise of the same. Be annoying jerks and you will receive "persecution".

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,910,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Peter to his contemporaries: "The end of all things is at hand..." (1 Peter 4:7)

Paul to his contemporaries: "Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come". (I Cor. 10:11)

Paul or maybe some other writer to his contemporaries: "in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world". (Heb. 1:2)

You're eschatology is off by a couple of thousand years.

Notice to Christians: Do well and you will receive praise of the same. Be annoying jerks and you will receive "persecution".
You know I don't agree with your ultimate conclusions, but the immediate contextual identification of what WAS considered the "last days" is spot on!

Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Yellowstone is gonna blow! We just don't know when, but it is overdue.

YouTube - Yellowstone Super Volcano Alert

Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM

595 posts, read 740,182 times
Default Yellowstone Earthquakes Raise Fears (signs)

With respect to signs and pangs (a number of catastrophic events that will compromise life as we know it could occur soon based on all the excellent reporting in this thread) My emphasis is to be "prepared". A naive world not withstanding Christians are oblivious to a need to create means for survival ie, food,water,Sterno/wood stoves,crank/batt radio's and flashlights,grab-n-go bags (car and home ) tools,toiletries,foil blankets, important papers,money,medications. We just purchased 275 emergency meals for $84 from Costco (dehydrated meals where you just add water) Buying four more soon in case the neighbors need food. Water filters by Food for health are the only source I will use (cost and filters everything even dirty water into pure drinkable uses Seychelle type filter.
My earthquake list continues :
11. New York
12. Missouri
13. Tennessee
14 North Carolina
15 Illinois

In Christ Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 04-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: formating

Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,298,806 times
I have friends in salt lake city..if this thing goes/blows (big one),how would that affect them?I've been meaning to call 'em but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity