Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times

Advertisements

Yellowstone Earthquakes Raise Fears

Read the link above.

Check out the Top 10 Earthquake Prone States listed at the bottom of the above page in the link above.....I was surprised.

#1 - Alaska
#2 - California
#3 - Hawaii
#4 - Nevada
#5 - Washington
#6 - Idaho
#7 - Wyoming
#8 - Montana
#9 - Utah
#10- Oregon

Series of quakes hit Indonesia, killing 4 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090104/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_earthquake - broken link)

Above is more news of powerful earthquakes in Indonesia.

Yellowstone and Indonesia are just more signs of "birth pains", with more to come. The earth is groaning. The people are deaf and blind. Just like in the time of Noah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

Read the link above.

Check out the Top 10 Earthquake Prone States listed at the bottom of the above page in the link above.....I was surprised.

#1 - Alaska
#2 - California
#3 - Hawaii
#4 - Nevada
#5 - Washington
#6 - Idaho
#7 - Wyoming
#8 - Montana
#9 - Utah
#10- Oregon

Series of quakes hit Indonesia, killing 4 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090104/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_earthquake - broken link)

Yellowstone and Indonesia are just more signs of "birth pains", with more to come. The earth is groaning. The people are deaf and blind. Just like in the time of Noah.
Good Morning DOTL!......I DO believe these earthquakes; psunamis-(<spelling?)..;hurricanes-(I know all about them living here in Florida)..; floods; are signs...yes...the creation groans...my spirit knows something is very different about the times we are living in now...my spirit knows something I don't......Loveyou!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,001 times
I am yet to feel and earthquake. There was one in San Diego in 1988 that I was actually swimming when it happened and did not feel it. There was another in Jacksonville Florida is 1996, I was driving a garbage truck and didnt feel it. There was one in central Virginia in 2005, I was driving a garbage truck and didnt feel it. And now they are talking about Yellowstone here in Montana/Wyoming and I havent felt one yet. But then again I live about 100 yards from the railway and probably miss the quakes for the trains. Dont get me wrong I am not looking forward to any but it is awful funny I never feel them when they happen because i am always doing something that muffles the effects.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:03 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,199 times
The problem with Yellowstone is that it is a super volcano.
The quakes are only a precursor to an eruption at some time.
We just don't know when.

The entire park is in the caldera, so there will be a huge amount earth thrown into the air.
It has erupted twice already that we know of, and the pattern for immediate debris extends beyond me here in Arizona.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Good Morning DOTL!......I DO believe these earthquakes; psunamis-(<spelling?)..;hurricanes-(I know all about them living here in Florida)..; floods; are signs...yes...the creation groans...my spirit knows something is very different about the times we are living in now...my spirit knows something I don't......Loveyou!
Hey Verna!!

Yeah, my spirit knows something I don't too!! That's a good way to put it!! I know what is to follow in the "splaining away" posts, but I don't really care what people say......I'm only concerned with what God says. Anyone who is spiritually connected can feel it.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:

Read the link above.

#1 - Alaska
#2 - California
#3 - Hawaii
#4 - Nevada
#5 - Washington
#6 - Idaho
#7 - Wyoming
#8 - Montana
#9 - Utah
#10- Oregon

Genesis 9:21

Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Genesis 9:21
Typical.

You know that part could have just as easily been left out of the Bible, but they chose to put it in. Why do you suppose that is??

Heaven forbid a man of God should be anything but perfect. Well guess what? Noah wasn't perfect, but he LISTENED to God and because of his faith, you and I are here. He was perfect enough that he and his family were the only ones to be saved out of the ENTIRE WORLD.

Hmmmm...but yet he was still human, got drunk and got naked. Yep, he should have been killed for that. Could it be that maybe he was exhausted from years of building a massive boat in a place where there was no water to be found? Troubled by the loss of mankind that just took place because they wouldn't listen? Just plain tired, (I mean, he was only 600 years old) and in a weak moment got drunk? Nah, God should have struck him down for that.

My point is the people didn't listen in Noah's time either, just like they are not listening now. But you knew that.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM

33,528 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Well I sure don't want to be anywhere around when that sucker blows!

The hotspot arrived under the Yellowstone area sometime after about 4 million years ago, producing gargantuan eruptions there 2 million, 1.3 million and 642,000 years ago. These eruptions were 2,500, 280 and 1,000 times bigger, respectively, than the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens. The eruptions covered as much as half the continental United States with inches to feet of volcanic ash.

Yellowstone Volcano Inflating With Molten Rock At Record Rate

The University of Utah Seismograph Stations reports that a notable swarm of earthquakes has been underway since December 26, 2008 beneath Yellowstone Lake.

Small Earthquakes Continue To Rattle Yellowstone National Park, U.S.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well I sure don't want to be anywhere around when that sucker blows!

The hotspot arrived under the Yellowstone area sometime after about 4 million years ago, producing gargantuan eruptions there 2 million, 1.3 million and 642,000 years ago. These eruptions were 2,500, 280 and 1,000 times bigger, respectively, than the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens. The eruptions covered as much as half the continental United States with inches to feet of volcanic ash.

Yellowstone Volcano Inflating With Molten Rock At Record Rate

The University of Utah Seismograph Stations reports that a notable swarm of earthquakes has been underway since December 26, 2008 beneath Yellowstone Lake.

Small Earthquakes Continue To Rattle Yellowstone National Park, U.S.
Thanks for the links, Sanspeur. You know as a Christian I don't believe in the "old earth" theory but that is pretty irrelevant at this point.

You should definitely stay in BC. And not just because of Yellowstone.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,001 times
Quote:
Typical.

You know that part could have just as easily been left out of the Bible, but they chose to put it in. Why do you suppose that is??

Heaven forbid a man of God should be anything but perfect. Well guess what? Noah wasn't perfect, but he LISTENED to God and because of his faith, you and I are here. He was perfect enough that he and his family were the only ones to be saved out of the ENTIRE WORLD.

Hmmmm...but yet he was still human, got drunk and got naked. Yep, he should have been killed for that. Could it be that maybe he was exhausted from years of building a massive boat in a place where there was no water to be found? Troubled by the loss of mankind that just took place because they wouldn't listen? Just plain tired, (I mean, he was only 600 years old) and in a weak moment got drunk? Nah, God should have struck him down for that.

My point is the people didn't listen in Noah's time either, just like they are not listening now. But you knew that.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Could it be that wine had never fermented before the flood and therefor he knew nothing of getting drunk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity