U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:17 AM

414 posts, read 708,687 times

Advertisements

... appear a threat to adherents of market-compatible expert knowledge, where i live.
One has to become extremely creative... to say the least...

Love you folks, you're making my day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,583,176 times
Just go and visit with them. They just want someone to listen to them, to touch them, to let them know they are still valued. On "take your child to school day" here in Florida, I would take my little boy back then at 2 years old and let him do his "rounds" so to speak. What joy to see them just want to be able to feel the hands of a baby all over again! My son is now 9, and he has such a love for all people.

There was this lady, Miss Gertude, nobody visited with her in the 4 years that I've worked there. I had just found out I was having twins. I shared this with her, you would think that these were her grandbabies I was carrying (smile). I did'nt work too long as the pregnancy was HORRIBLE! But I would come back to see Miss Gertude every so often. When the babies were born, I took them at to see her. Miss Gertude was so overjoyed. Though I did'nt let her hold them (she was very weak at this point) she was very happy. Miss Gertude would tell you about Jesus any chance she got. Loved the Lord with all her heart and soul! Give me some great advice on child-rearing. The one thing that stood out for me was, she said one day, "I'm an old woman child, let this old woman give you a piece of advice, let no be no"! When rearing those babies, when you say no to something, don't change your mind, I know, I raised plenty of them." God bless her heart, I took that advice to heart let me tell you, It has done me some good. (smile).

Miss Gertude is now resting in Christ Jesus today. I'll never forget her. Yes, we ought to remember the forgotten. I try to ask my self as I go about my work on a daily basis, "How would you like to be treated had it been me lying in this bed?" "Who would come and comfort me?" "Would my children look back?"

Dignity and respect. Comfort and companionship. Be today, who you would want in your life tommorrow. A friend in Christ Jesus.

Love, Betsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or