U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:49 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,507,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
I got chills reading this. So awesome! God is so good and amazing in our deepest, darkest time.

When my sister was five or six, she saw "Jesus" in the stairwell of our house. The man was in shepherd's clothing. It could have been an Angel. Who knows. He didn't talk. Just smiled at her.
I would love to see Jesus smile at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 AM

2,722 posts, read 4,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I would love to see Jesus smile at me.
wanna see Jesus smile... look into the face of someone you help... wanna see Jesus laugh? tell Him your plan.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
wanna see Jesus smile... look into the face of someone you help... wanna see Jesus laugh? tell Him your plan.
Yea, I'm aware of that. But there are people that have seen a form of Jesus here on earth. I would like to have that experience. Just imagine to be able to see Jesus. I know that we can't see Him as he truely is, know man can see His face and true form and live.

But I do know that God can appear to us in a form that we can see, like he did Abraham.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Yea, I'm aware of that. But there are people that have seen a form of Jesus here on earth. I would like to have that experience. Just imagine to be able to see Jesus. I know that we can't see Him as he truely is, know man can see His face and true form and live.

But I do know that God can appear to us in a form that we can see, like he did Abraham.
This is a story told by D.L.Moody

One of the congregation members told Pastor Moody "he wasn't sure about Jesus" Moody replied "well if Jesus came to you as bright while light would you then have more faith"? ... "why yes"!! the man proclaimed, "of course I would"!.
Moody responded by asking "if you were on your death bed and the light who claimed to be Jesus came back to you and said "I am Satan and I deceived you" ... what would you say? how would you feel?

"John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

We'll see Jesus... all in good time, but for now, focus on The Living Word.

I too am looking towards that day!! to see His face!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM

152 posts, read 281,267 times
Quote:
At first I said that I did not see God, but I remembered this experience that I had

Well, I said a prayer while I was looking at tv at a preacher and he said that if you want to see God and you are brave enough then say this prayer. So, I did. Then I began to look around. I saw nothing.

But as I looked at the bottom tv that was off, I saw a reflection and I just stared at the reflection. It looked like the side of someones face. I could see a turban, the face, and a beard. I'm not saying that it was Jesus, but I way something.

So, I grabbed my phone and took the picture. A few days later I looked at the picture to my surprise another face was in the picture, near my light. I believe that it was an angel. I could see the face, the nose and the hair. So, I saw something.

I personally believe that Jesus can come in a form that we can see. God came to Abraham, and I believe that He will do the same today.
I am curious... Do you have this picture still?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeck View Post
I am curious... Do you have this picture still?
It's in my old camera phone.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
This is a story told by D.L.Moody

One of the congregation members told Pastor Moody "he wasn't sure about Jesus" Moody replied "well if Jesus came to you as bright while light would you then have more faith"? ... "why yes"!! the man proclaimed, "of course I would"!.
Moody responded by asking "if you were on your death bed and the light who claimed to be Jesus came back to you and said "I am Satan and I deceived you" ... what would you say? how would you feel?

"John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

We'll see Jesus... all in good time, but for now, focus on The Living Word.

I too am looking towards that day!! to see His face!
So are you saying that you think that It might be a bad idea to want to see Jesus while here on earth?

Old 02-12-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
So are you saying that you think that It might be a bad idea to want to see Jesus while here on earth?
I believe that earthly eyes can be deceived... you know ... the problem with percption.

It is no doubt satan will appear as light... never darkness like the movies.... so as He says.... "they will know my voice", not the auidable voice but the "tone" in my voice.... the same tone in the Living Word.

But I'm just like you... I'd love to see His face right now... but I know this is when the father of lies will do his deeds....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I believe that earthly eyes can be deceived... you know ... the problem with percption.

It is no doubt satan will appear as light... never darkness like the movies.... so as He says.... "they will know my voice", not the auidable voice but the "tone" in my voice.... the same tone in the Living Word.

But I'm just like you... I'd love to see His face right now... but I know this is when the father of lies will do his deeds....
Oh, I agree with you. satan is a lier and his job is to decieve God's children. Yes, I have a desire to see Jesus, but I also know that satan will do anything in his power to imitate God.

But I do feel that if God wants to appear to us, I feel that he will come in away that satan can't imitate. But you are right.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,415,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I see the love of Jesus/God in everything that brings me pleasure, comfort, a smile, joy, nourishment, a strangers greeting and in the trust of my pets.. and most of all, I see him in the peace He has given me that I shall one day see Him face to face, spirit to spirit...That is how Jesus/God shows himself to me..with the pure love that He is...
How convenient. He gets the credit for the things that give you pleasure. Oh well. Its so easy to blame everything that doesnt bring you plesure on "the Devil" right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity