Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times

Advertisements

have (in a vision, NDE, or whatever) actually seen Jesus? I'd rough "guess-timate" that several hundreds of people, in our generation, all over the world, have claimed to have seen, or met Jesus in a vision, or while experiencing an NDE (near-death-experience). If you have seen Him, what did He look like? Did He say anything? What was your reaction? How did this change your life? What brought about this event for you? How do you know this was real, and not a hallucination? What did your spouse/friends/relatives think? Was this a once-in-a-lifetime thing for you, or does it happen "all the time"...?
Just curious...
(And no...I have not ever seen Jesus, but my wife says she did)...

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,648 times
I haven't seen Jesus in any of those ways, but I'm interested in hearing what your wife saw!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
No, I have not seen Jesus, heard his voice, been given a vision, dream or email from him..But I know him, spiritually by faith and through the Holy Spirit and I will meet him face to face and hear his voice one day..In the meantime he does exist in the very depth of my being..He is a part of me..

Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
No, I have not seen Jesus, heard his voice, been given a vision, dream or email from him..But I know him, spiritually by faith and through the Holy Spirit and I will meet him face to face and hear his voice one day..In the meantime he does exist in the very depth of my being..He is a part of me..

My sentiments exactly!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 AM

322 posts, read 737,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
have (in a vision, NDE, or whatever) actually seen Jesus? I'd rough "guess-timate" that several hundreds of people, in our generation, all over the world, have claimed to have seen, or met Jesus in a vision, or while experiencing an NDE (near-death-experience). If you have seen Him, what did He look like? Did He say anything? What was your reaction? How did this change your life? What brought about this event for you? How do you know this was real, and not a hallucination? What did your spouse/friends/relatives think? Was this a once-in-a-lifetime thing for you, or does it happen "all the time"...?
Just curious...

Bud
Hay Bud. Yes I have seen the most awesome, the LORD JESUS. That event happened one day back in the early 80's. I had already become a believer in Him a few years pryor.

Before I saw Him that day, I had decided to end my life. Just before I would have ended my life, the HOLY SPIRIT came upon me and there was such peace that I know no words to describe it. Then I saw JESUS in the sky and right away I knew that He was JESUS. At that time He spoke to me and said, "I have no condemnation for you." As I looked at him He kept coming closer and and His glory awesome before me and the brightness of Him,very intense and holy.

I stood there looking at Him and very, very happy. He told me how He cares for me and that His caring is powerful and real and comes from Him. He told me about His awesome friendship. The last words He spoke to me at that time was, "Don't worry, it will be ok."

Thank you LORD for saving me from suicide! GOD is so good!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
I see Him every time I go to North Carolina and see the beauty of the mountains. I see Him when I look into my mothers eyes. I have seen Him in some people here at City Data, Curly, Noland, Alpha, Hoosier, DOTL and others. We should be a reflection of Him, when others see us, they should be reminded of Jesus by our actions and our words.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
Cool The Edged of Miraculous!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Just curious...

Bud

One day about 4:00 am in the morning I had an experience, a dream state, some kind of strange Phenomenon, a vision I believe it is called Ecstasy! Extreme emotional excitement, no laws or nature, cannot explain.
I felt a very Luke warm air; I was light as a feather, pulling me up, gently toward the heavens. I was very afraid, I grabbed, on any thing to stop but kept going up, but everything just melted away, it was like I was going down into the deep blue seas, but was going up.
It was awesome. In this state there was a vision I saw, a Man He Looked about 300 feet tall or more. the Bible says that God will make us like pillars, or like trees.

He was very stream like, Very, very pronounced, and was very athletic type. His face was that of an innocent child, with short curly like hair, like a child. His eyes were very deep, deep blue, like the deep blue oceans. His skin was the color of a very bright Morning star.
It was so awesome. As I looked all around Him, I saw many figures Just like Him. All around Him, it was so awesome.
As I looked Down to earth a little ways above the earth, there were Very, very tall and slim, angels, thousands of them; they were very big too! Like they were waiting for something to happen, my heart felt Very heavy, but calm. It was so awesome. I thoughta while back, all that's going on today for the moment I thought I saw Jesus Christ's, but what I actually saw was a New bridegroom's of Jesus Christ, it was the image of Jesus Christ. In full form, perfect, and beautiful.
This was the first Resurrection.

Who ever this person sa, He was sitting down on clouds, But it got me to think that actually was an image of myself in this new resurrected body, the first fruits. And then in another vision I saw a string of fire is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and a little away above with this string of fire I saw an image of a DNA, it is no like no other DNA I ever seen before. I guess between the image of the person and the DNA represents the new humanity. The saint's. And I don't know yet what is the string of fire represents. I was hoping that someone that can interpret dreams to tell me, I spoken to a Pastor about this he told me that it was an image of my future, the New future. Until today that you had asked this question and maybe to think and to analyze what everyone has told me about visions and dreams and the interpretations Of all these visions I've been having and what does it mean thereof.
What do you think?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I see Him every time I go to North Carolina and see the beauty of the mountains. I see Him when I look into my mothers eyes. I have seen Him in some people here at City Data, Curly, Noland, Alpha, Hoosier, DOTL and others. We should be a reflection of Him, when others see us, they should be reminded of Jesus by our actions and our words.
Awww, thank you, ILNC!!! He's evident in you too.
An old hymn came to mind just now.....

He lives!!! He lives!!!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me, and talks with me,
along life's narrowing? way (not sure of wording here)can't find lyrics)

He lives! He lives!
Salvation to impart.....
You ask me how I know he lives....
he lives within my heart.

As to whether or not I've seen Jesus.....nope. I had a dream not too long ago where Jesus was in the clouds from a distance, he was wearing a blue robe, and he looked more like a cardboard cut-out than anything.

I just don't think our natural eyes could handle the sight of him until we are transformed. We envision him however our minds can conceive but I question if anyone has ever REALLY seem him as he is.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
I have seen Him on many occasions..... All through my walk with Him!

And yes, Bud, 20 something yrs ago I suffered severe depression and a night came and I wanted to end it all.
I was sitting on a big chair, with my legs crossed and face buried in my hands.
I emotionally had enough of the torment of pain in my mind for so many years.
All of a sudden I heard my name and looked up and there He was on His knees right in front of me.... that is when the healing of my life began. God restored back to me all the years the locust had eaten in my life.

It seemed at times like a long journey, but He had a plan and has had the right person, situation, whatever in the path of my life to give back the very things that been stolen that He never intended to be done or said.

Just recently I woke from a dream that He was coming and I looked up and as I was looking every thing around was blue, I could see His face... He was lifting me to Him, as we met it was like we melted into one another. It was real.... And just then I woke up!

My thoughts at first were I've been reading to much on citi-data about His coming.....the rapture.... No, Just kidding....Dotl !!

I prayed about it when I woke at that moment! He showed me that my life in Him had become one in Him!

So much has been so different since that day, three months ago.
There is a peace that surpasses all understanding! My thoughts now know when they are being invaded by anything of the world, satan, self, that is other then Him.
The scripture is always there no matter where or what. Grocery store, kitchen, driving it is a constant conversation with Him! Even in my sleep He talks to me and I remember it the very next day!

Yes, I believe He shows Himself to us.... and it is not always the same as the other person. But He does....

Blessings

Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
I have never seen Jesus. I did feel I had an encounter with an angel while with a friend. Then when my brother was drinking and I was visiting I heard a voice say to "Flee" and I did.
I think we see Jesus, and God's character in His Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity