Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:31 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Fighting flares outside Gaza City

Yeah, I used to defend Israel. Now I know. They are vicious.

A consistent pattern of genocidal behavior.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | UN denounces Israel cluster bombs
"What's shocking and completely immoral is: 90% of the cluster bomb strikes occurred in the last 72 hours of the conflict, when we knew there would be a resolution," he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,778 times
You might want to consider the reason that so many innocent people are being killed in Gaza...it's because the Hamas choose to use schools, community centers, ect. to launch their rockets from. Israel is trying to destroy as many of those launching sites as possible so of course innocent people are killed as a result, which I agree, is horrible and heartbreaking. Israel is seen as being vicious while the fact that Hamas uses human shields is ignored.

Check out this article for a different point of view.

The suffering that Hamas causes - The Boston Globe

Old 01-05-2009, 10:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Israel is a sovereign nation surrounded by enemies trying to defend itself. Hamas continually launches missles at Israel even during a cease fire..killing innocent civilians. Time after time Israel warns them to stop. Hamas ignores those warnings and publicly claims they want to destroy Israel. Finally after many warnings Israel defends itself and because hamas hides behind women and children they want to paint Israel as the bad guy. Hamas has been killing innocent people for years and no one says a thing. Let a terrorist group start firing missles into new york city day after day and see what happens. Israel is totally surrounded. The terrorist groups have a different mind set than the civilized world. They will kill innocent people in a heartbeat hide behind children and then cry to the world when shots are fired back. They know how to play the pr game to the civilized world and Israel knows how to deal with them if we would just leave them alone. War is hell and terrible things happen but you have to defend yourself. If hamas doesn`t want innocent people killed then leave Israel alone...stop firing missles and instigating attacks...and stop hiding behind schools, mosques, and civilian homes.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM

500 civilians and the doctor sees 2 fighters? Why doesn't Israel let in any media?
and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for (AF)their deeds were evil.

Let us also not forget they invaded the land and then walled them up. That is why I posted what they did in Lebanon which is indefensible. We already know what Israel is. They are filled with genocidal maniacs but they continually try to spin it the other way around.

Let us also not forget who created Hamas

"Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".
-Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
500 civilians and the doctor sees 2 fighters? Why doesn't Israel let in any media?
and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for (AF)their deeds were evil.

Let us also not forget they invaded the land and then walled them up. That is why I posted what they did in Lebanon which is indefensible. We already know what Israel is. They are filled with genocidal maniacs but they continually try to spin it the other way around.

Let us also not forget who created Hamas

"Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".
-Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
I see where you are coming from but you must not be so quick to judge.

Israel is surrounded by their enemies and they must do what they must do for their safety and protection. In those conditions it is very easy to make mistakes. Israel will not allow the media because (1) They are bias and (2) They are liberal. Liberals cannot see the whole picture, they just see people dieing and they automatically side with the bleeding. That's not fair. No one salutes or praises Israel when they show restraint but as soon as they have had enough and push back people call them war mongers or genocidal maniacs.

Israel is well within their rights and even the bible supports their actions under the guise of security.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-06-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM

322 posts, read 737,713 times
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD," it is written.

Unless they repent, they will all likewise perish, in Gaza or in Israel.

JESUS CHRIST is the Way!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I see where you are coming from but you must not be so quick to judge.

Israel is surrounded by their enemies and they must do what they must do for their safety and protection. In those conditions it is very easy to make mistakes. Israel will not allow the media because (1) They are bias and (2) They are liberal. Liberals cannot see the whole picture, they just see people dieing and they automatically side with the bleeding. That's not fair. No one salutes or praises Israel when they show restraint but as soon as they have had enough and push back people call them war mongers or genocidal maniacs.

Israel is well within their rights and even the bible supports their actions.
Fundamentalist,

So what is the reason they dumped cluster bombs on Lebanon when the cease fire was already being agreed upon? An answer please?
Now I ask you are these God's people? Is the God who gathers them also rejected by his people? Is it OK for them to reject Jesus? Are they apostate or are they turning their love to God with all their heart?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist,

So what is the reason they dumped cluster bombs on Lebanon when the cease fire was already being agreed upon? An answer please?
Now I ask you are these God's people? Is the God who gathers them also rejected by his people? Is it OK for them to reject Jesus? Are they apostate or are they turning their love to God with all their heart?
You are missing the point, being agreed on is not a signed treaty and Lebanon was still firing on Israel as well. That really has nothing to do with Gaza except the fact that they will not honor a cease fire agreement. During the cease fore Israel bombed nothing and yet Hamas sent over 1000 missles into Israel killing civilians. Israel purchased the land including Gaza and gave that land to the Palestinians for peace which the Palestinians have never honored.

Some are Gods people, remember there are Christians on both sides as well.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 AM

225 posts, read 342,071 times
I always ask this question, what kind of existence do you have to be leading in order to think strapping a bomb to yourself is attractive? Read up on Israeli treatment of the Palestinians:

Invisible Palestinians: Ideology and Reality in Israel

I'm tired of seeing half the story out of the Middle East.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Fundamentalist,

The bible makes it very clear that these are God's people and not only does He protect them but He has a warning to us, (Genesis 12:3) "I will bless those who bless you, But I will curse those who curse you...".

Look no one here are calling the Jews, "saint"s, they have done a lot of wicked things (I am not excusing them but it happens) so have the Palestinians not only to Israel but to each other. The reality is such things happen under those conditions and duress. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

A Palestinian who has perspective. Please watch and see if you still have the same questions.

YouTube - Masab Yousef "Son of Hamas terrorists leader"

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-06-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity