U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,177,942 times

Advertisements

The closer you are to God, the more satan will attempt to sway you away. With God's help, you can beat him at his evil game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,141,141 times
Sunshineann, thank you for sharing. In agreement with what most have shared, know that God knows what you are going through and that He is molding and making you into His image. There are so many good things that He will bring out of the struggle. Sometimes it is very difficult but just contintue to trust that He will see you through. He has the victory over satan and you are His child. He is always there for you to case all of your cares on. God bless you.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,417,807 times
Thank you all for your wisdom and your words.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,471,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Do you ever drop on your knee's and cry out "why why why" ??

Why does it feel that satan constantly attacks us? Granted every day i find my nose further and further into the Bible, but geez...will satan ever give me and others a break?

I would love to hear others views...
It has to happen this way. It is called the test of faith. Our transformations into His Body come at a very high price to our carnality. It must die. It must pick up the cross daily, and seek Him out. It is a rough, rough road, and although many "try" to endure, most don't. They blame God, or the devil, and all the while it is a process of a birth canal, into a reborn creature. No-one wants to leave the comfort of the womb, to go to a placeof uncertainty, right? But Christians do. They want the rebirth, so the canal is our trials, and just when we think we cannot take anymore, you see the Light.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:23 PM

21,635 posts, read 30,244,343 times
1 John 4:4 "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who live in you is greater that the spirit who lives in the world".
James 4:7 "So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you".

With the power of the Holy Spirit we can resist the devil. God is more powerful and stronger than the devil and His Spirit and His Word live in our heart.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:51 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,627,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
1 John 4:4 "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who live in you is greater that the spirit who lives in the world".
James 4:7 "So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you".

With the power of the Holy Spirit we can resist the devil. God is more powerful and stronger than the devil and His Spirit and His Word live in our heart.

I hope you do not think I am being contentious...but I really wonder what version of the bible your quotes are from???

I do agree, with God all things are possible. We can overcome any obstacle. I have been doing that for many years.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,655,505 times
YES,YES, YES, I feel that sometimes life is just not a fun playground. But then I remember, God saying all things are possible through him.

So as I struggle with IRS and their agents, tax season and year end employee tax forms. I pray each time, I get on the phone, for God to give me patience and don't let mean thoughts wonder through my head.

Actually, I just buried my father recently and the people I thought I would have problems with were not even a problem, it was the ones I would have never guessed, that caused the problems.

If God hadn't helped me, I'm sure it would have been a lot worse, but light was shed on those, who I never would have thought, would do the things that they did!!

So, in all my heartache God also showed me signs that in the end all will be just fine!! I just needed to sit quietly (not an easy task) and not react to every reaction from my family.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 AM

I have been saying that all day long "with God all things are possible" every day for awhile. When i struggle with something, when im trying to figure things out, when i excerise..lol. Even when everything is calm. It is very comforting.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 AM

3~Shepherds, im sorry to hear about your father.
I understand completely about sitting quietly. Its not easy for me either. I know for me its about reprograming my brain. The human natures want to take over, BUT i am working on having Gods nature over come those human reactions. (boy i hope that made sense. lol)

Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,261,568 times
Heb. 4:7-8
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

This verse speaks of our human will. When we submit our will to God, then we can, by His grace, effectively resist the devil.
God will always draw near and is ready to accept those who truly come to Him.

Ephesians 6:10-11
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Be strong in the Lord for the right and against evil. It is only in the power of His might that we can win against sin and Satan.
God provides complete armor to protect us from all kinds of evil and temptation. The wiles of the devil are the result of supernatural craftiness, capable of drawing careless Christians into sin.
Oh keep it on and use it with all prayer, that you may to the last stand complete in Christ and be more than conquerors through Him that has loved you.....

1 Peter 5:6-11
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen!

God's power is at work in the world. If we cooperate with God's will, even though it means suffering, He will exalt us in His own time.
Make no mistake about the devil's intentions. No matter how attractive his temptation, his purpose is to devour a person spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Resist every temptation to compromise your faith when you must suffer in order to serve Christ. Take courage, remembering that your fellow Christians are remaining steadfast under this same pressure. God is able to meet every need to endure.
Remember that God Himself will use suffering to develop our character,
perfect: make us all He wants us to be,
establish: make us steady and dependable,
strengthen: share with us His own strength and
settle: makes us firm in the face of difficulties.
Praise God as the source of all blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or