U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:55 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,419,307 times

Advertisements

Do you ever drop on your knee's and cry out "why why why" ??

Why does it feel that satan constantly attacks us? Granted every day i find my nose further and further into the Bible, but geez...will satan ever give me and others a break?

I would love to hear others views...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,266,980 times
Nope..... all those who walk in His will the adversity is there.
But praise God you are being persecuted for righteousness...
But trust and rest in Him! He sees what you are going through and the good news is He won the battle and your victory is in Christ Jesus.

Matt. 5:10-12
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Turn your whys into "Here I am Lord use me"!!! And He will give you any and everything to endure all that would come against Him in you!!!
Peace I leave with you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be trouble, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27-28)

Blessings to you!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,454 times
Me, sunshineann. I do.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to hiim. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1:2-8

Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,722,416 times
Sometimes it is not always the devil, God is paying particular attention to you.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:37 PM

322 posts, read 657,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Do you ever drop on your knee's and cry out "why why why" ??

Why does it feel that satan constantly attacks us? Granted every day i find my nose further and further into the Bible, but geez...will satan ever give me and others a break?

I would love to hear others views...
I know where your're coming from. You're suffering because you are a Christian. Rejoice and be glad that you have been counted as worthy to suffer with the sufferings of CHRIST!

GOD will give us a break one day. Until then, keep the faith!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,424,485 times
Satan knows even better than we do....WE WIN!! He (Satan) is TERRIFIED!! He knows what the END of days means...THE END OF HIM!! This is why he is very much on the offense...Jesus IS our best defense AND our best offense!! ...and Satan does not have a chance in hell!! Rejoice in the fact that you are being attacked non-stop!! No evil is able to seperate us from the love of God!! HALLELUJAH!!...Love

Old 01-06-2009, 12:59 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,301,389 times
I don't feel that "satan" has anything to do with me, my life, or my thoughts. I think people like to use "satan" as an excuse for why they do things they don't want to do or shouldn't do and are simply deflecting responsibility for personal accountability.

Last edited by denverian; 01-06-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,722,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't feel that "satan" has anything to do with me, my life, or my thoughts. I think people like to use "satan" as an excuse for why they do things they don't want to do or shouldn't do and are simply deflecting responsibility for personal accountability.
So if her father comes home with news he has cancer and has only a year to live, or her son has a drug problem, that is sunshineann's fault?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:40 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,419,307 times
Well thank God denverian that Satan has nothing to do with you. I must be special then.
And just for the record...i do not by any means use "satan" as an excuse for anything.

Thank you to everyone else for you ideas and thoughts...i do appreciate them.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,632,346 times
If Satan is not trying to 'devour' someone, it is because he already has them.
But I agree that our woes come from other directions also..., Some are of our own making, some are tests to see where our heart is. Don't forget the trials that the saints, both under the Old Law, and in the beginning of the church went through. Christians still go through trials, and will continue to do so.
We need to cast all of our burdens on Him, and He will see us through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or