U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,631,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
When you die, you are before God and are then judged Hebrews 9:27. At the end of time, the body is reunited with the soul and all people of all time will be before God in His court. God will pronounce the verdict. Then both body and soul will go to their eternal place....heaven or hell.
That is my understanding also....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
To whoever repped me with: Böse Menschen haben keine Lieder . . .

Aber häufig eine Stereoanlage.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,732,988 times
Arrow wowowowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
To whoever repped me with: Böse Menschen haben keine Lieder . . .

Aber häufig eine Stereoanlage.
multimedia compatible.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
multimedia compatible.
Unfortunately!!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:42 AM

342 posts, read 468,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Thanks for the posts everyone. I tend to agree with shana that our spirit goes back to God and our bodies go back to the dust of the earth to await resurrection. I remember someone saying one time that since God is not bound by time and space our resurrection actually happens right after we die. Not sure I believe that, like I said..I still tend to believe we just go into a state of unconsciousness until the resurrection but when that glorious day happens and you awake,it will be as though no time has passed. As I get older, and see my parents and friends of my parents grow old and some pass on...it makes me wonder.
I agree with your thoughts on this matter.....I believe that when we die the breath of life returns to God (our life force).....(this is true of all human beings)....We truely die....meaning that our bodies and all consiousness cease.......but that at the 2nd commming of Jesus Christ we will all be raised..... some to eternal life 1st ressurection..... many to eternal punishment (2nd ressurection of the dammed)........for those who die,I believe time ceases to exist but God is not bound by time,time does not exist in eternity......to the person who died it will "seem" as if they died and immmediately were raised they will not be conscious of all the time that has past since they are no longer in time.....This is my take on the matter may be correct or not......but it is not the process we should be concerned about but rest in the "assurance" that those who are in Christ will be ressurected on the last day.......

Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 AM

342 posts, read 468,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, I believe that we die and wait the resurrection. We are dead and this is referred to as sleeping in the scriptures. I believe that this is referred to as sleeping because death is temporary, not a permanent condition. I don't believe that our souls go to heaven or that but I believe the spirit returns to God and I don't believe that the spirit is conscious and living in heaven. I believe that we will be raised from the dead. This is the glory and hope of the resurrection. The dead do not know that they are dead and when we awaken it will be as if no time as passed.

Agree. God bless.
Thank you Shana......you exlpained that very well......God bless

Old 01-10-2009, 08:00 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,284,699 times
I agree also. God is not bound by time as we are. So I believe we will sort of be asleep but we will not be aware of the time. So it will seem like we die and wake immediately. I think when we are raised it says we will have a heavenly body...and that nasty old sin nature will be gone...that's what I'm looking forward to!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:08 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,756,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Just wanted to get some thoughts on what some of you think happens the second we close our eyes and die the physical death. I`m already well versed on what the church system teaches as far as death,so I`m more interested in getting thoughts from others who believe in God. Others who have not been indoctrinated by the modern church system but believe the bible as the word of God or who have come out of the church system and searched for the real truth of God.
I have a very strong belief in God. My feelings on death are: At the time that is close to our death and at the moment our breath leaves our body there is an Angel waiting there to help us over. I believe we are reuinted with our loved ones who have passed. I also believe in reincarnation.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 01-10-2009 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity