U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,418,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...church? We shout louder about our prosperity than we do about the poor and the needy around us...God have mercy on me...I am so guilty We show more passion and righteous anger toward people that do not think the way we do, than we do about the injustice being done to these desperate ones...what are we doing? Dear God have mercy on us......my God....so many...so many

Genesis 4: 33And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

Genesis 17: 21 21But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Genesis 18: 10 10And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
Genesis 21: 22For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
Genesis 22: 15 15And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
Genesis 24: 1111And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at thetime of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
Genesis 26:88And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.
Genesis 27: 3636And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? For he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?
Genesis 29: 77And he said, Lo, it is yet high day, neither is it time that the cattle should be gathered together: water ye the sheep, and go and feed them.
Genesis 30: 33So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that is not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.
Genesis 31: 77And your father hath deceived me, and changed my wages ten times; but God suffered him not to hurt me.
Genesis 33: 33And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.
Genesis 38: 11And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah.
Genesis 39: 55And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
Genesis 41: 55And he slept and dreamed the second time: and, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one stalk, rank and good.
Genesis 43: 1010For except we had lingered, surely now we had returned this second time.
Genesis 47: 2929And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:
Exodus 2: 223And it came to pass in process of time that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
Exodus 8: 3232And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also; neither would he let the people go.
Exodus 9: 55And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land.
Exodus 13: 1414And it shall be when thy son asketh thee intime to come, saying, What is this? That thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
Exodus 21: 1919If he rise again, and walk abroad upon his staff, then shall he that smote him be quit: only he shall pay for the loss of his time, and shall cause him to be thoroughly healed.
Exodus 23: 1414Three timesthou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.
Exodus 34: 1818The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.
Acts 17:29-31 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Because he hath appointed a day. This is given as a reason why God commands men to repent. They must be judged; and if they are not penitent and pardoned, they must be condemned. Romans 2:16.
Whom he hath ordained. Or whom he has constituted or appointed as judge. Acts 10:42. John 5:25. Hath given assurance Has afforded evidence of this. That evidence consists,
(1.) in the fact that Jesus declared that he would judge the nations, John 5:25,26 Matthew 25, and
(2.) God confirmed the truth of his declaration by raising him from the dead, or gave his sanction to what the Lord Jesus had said, for God would not work a miracle in favour of an imposter. 2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Romans 2:16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Acts 10:41-43 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Luke 21:22- 28 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luke 21:23-28 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,423,150 times
God bless you TWIO!...love you so much!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity