U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,239,192 times

Advertisements

...church? We shout louder about our prosperity than we do about the poor and the needy around us...God have mercy on me...I am so guilty We show more passion and righteous anger toward people that do not think the way we do, than we do about the injustice being done to these desperate ones...what are we doing? Dear God have mercy on us......my God....so many...so many

Last edited by Verna Perry; 01-06-2009 at 10:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,571,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...church? We shout louder about our prosperity than we do about the poor and the needy around us...God have mercy on me...I am so guilty We show more passion and righteous anger toward people that do not think the way we do, than we do about the injustice being done to these desperate ones...what are we doing? Dear God have mercy on us......my God....so many...so many
You go girl

Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You go girl
...good morning......I'm not awake yet...I had quite a night last night, with God...I know He loves me, and He has it all worked out...He's told me to do some things, and everything in me wants to please Him...I know that God is telling me...us...that it's time for action...to make a great contribution to the Kingdom of God besides sittting in a pew...besides doing a lot of things that we do...we are His children and He loves us very much...and He needs us now to hear His call of action...I love you all...don't be afraid to do things you've never done before...do it afraid...and He will teach us as we go, and build us up in confidence and character ...it will become second nature......deliver the poor and the needy...the foundations of the earth are out of course...they are shaking...thank you Jesus...hear and make changes. God bless...Love.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,471,403 times
Where I worship we do not shout about our prosperity! And we help all of the needy in our neighborhood that we know of. We are a very small congregation and very few of us are wealthy, so most of our help is to locals.
I think I know who the preachers are that shout about their prosperity. I have heard them on TV.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,862,585 times
Quote:
...good morning......I'm not awake yet...I had quite a night last night, with God...I know He loves me, and He has it all worked out...He's told me to do some things, and everything in me wants to please Him...I know that God is telling me...us...that it's time for action...to make a great contribution to the Kingdom of God besides sittting in a pew...besides doing a lot of things that we do...we are His children and He loves us very much...and He needs us now to hear His call of action...I love you all...don't be afraid to do things you've never done before...do it afraid...and He will teach us as we go, and build us up in confidence and character ...it will become second nature......deliver the poor and the needy...the foundations of the earth are out of course...they are shaking...thank you Jesus...hear and make changes. God bless...Love.
Amen, Verna.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
I second that....Amen, Verna!
Blessings

Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,456,235 times
Quote:
Sign of the end times

Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 AM

"...shouting about prosperity...",..prosperity and wealth...not necessarily meaning money...but shouting about our prosperity and/or our wealth of knowledge...understanding...wisdom...spirituality. ..blessings...righteousness...etc...etc...etc...

Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,903,488 times
I go to a small Church and even work on the finance commity. We had a meeting monday and we were discussing how the church is wasteful and too concerned with frivolous things and not with God great commision. Our pastor doesnt take a salary but the church does pay his health insurance and part of his mortgage, which he has tried to refuse. We only have one employee for the Church and that is the secretary, everyone else is volunteer. The wasteful aspect is all the fliers each ministry prints out to promote some program they are having which has nothing to do with reaching the lost or helping the needy. So we cut alot of the budgets and plan on putting some notices in the bulletin for the ministries to ask for love offerings for their needs and stop taking from the church they should be supporting.

We do have some memebers who go out of their way to help others but because of the misunderstanding of "seperation of church and state" people are afraid to do what the Lord tells them for fear of loosing tax exempt status or the church getting shut down. Some members of certain ministries believe they should get paid to do what they do like our music minister, who is a good friend of mine but that doesnt mean we agree. We are not a very prosperous church and money is not going to make us one, getting out there and doing what God commands is and we must remember we are doing His work and not padding our pockets.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 AM

Amen Robin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity