Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,026 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Extreme Prophetic: Raising the Dead Testimonies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 AM

605 posts, read 1,107,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Nothing about people in this faith surprises me any more.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Nothing about people in this faith surprises me any more.
I've seen a lot of stuff, but really, I thought the second lady was spoofing the first lady. How can this be presented as 'for real'?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:57 AM

414 posts, read 776,777 times
Talking not so much a parody...

... but perhaps merely some over-excited egoes with a need to learn rather than to teach (as yet).

Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Hmmm...some random thoughts I have about this:
I have to wonder what everyone will say and think when these two ladies persist (and I believe they will), and at some point in their efforts actually succeed in raising somebody from the dead?
It wouldn't be the first time this has occurred...raising the dead is very rare, but not unheard of. SEVERAL people in our generation have been raised from death...
I commend these two for TRYING...at least they have guts!
Most people wouldn't try. Why not? Because they care too much about what other people think. Peer pressure...to not "upset" the traditional way that we treat our deceased...we dare not go "against the grain". For those left behind, death of a family member is a sad and somber occasion, no "joy and rejoicing allowed". But imagine the astonishment if that loved one were to get prayed over, then suddenly open their eyes, sit up, and say "Hi!"
Shouldn't we be more concerned about what God thinks, than what people think, in our actions? If God says to "go pray for such-and-such deceased person to come back ALIVE", then maybe we ought to. I'm not saying go pray for every 90-yr old to come back, but what if it was a 9-yr old?

So these two want to raise the dead? They may not succeed...but it won't hurt anything to try...I say "lettem". And if they should actually make it happen, then some husband/wife/son/daughter somewhere will be exceedingly blessed to have their loved one restored to them...

Bud

Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times
You say people have been raised from the dead? I'd like to see proof of that!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
And if they should actually make it happen, then some husband/wife/son/daughter somewhere will be exceedingly blessed to have their loved one restored to them...

Bud
But it's so selfish! Most people you hear tell about NDEs get a bit PO'd when told they have to come back to this mess.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM

589 posts, read 1,559,770 times
Hmmmm... I'm very skeptical. She said the group is trying to raise the dead in the different morgues.... Why not just go to the hospitals where dying patients are fighting for their lives? The ICU's waiting rooms are almost never empty of families praying for their loved ones to get better... GO THERE!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Hmmmm... I'm very skeptical. She said the group is trying to raise the dead in the different morgues.... Why not just go to the hospitals where dying patients are fighting for their lives? The ICU's waiting rooms are almost never empty of families praying for their loved ones to get better... GO THERE!
Right, I say let the dead be - they are at peace. The living need God's love. They need to be raised from the metaphoric death of despair into God's wonderful love and hope and peace

Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
They do go to the hospital ER/ICU waiting rooms! I have done it myself, and I am quite sure that 10's of thousands of other Christians have also. What is wrong with a few of them wanting to expand out to the morgues? Let's imagine your little kid has just died, the doctors have totally given up, and the child has just been brought into the morgue. What would be so wrong with a couple of believers coming in to the waiting room there, and praying for God to bring the child back? Would you be angry if they succeeded?

I personally know someone who has had a NDE. Died in the hospital, with the docs and nurses working feverishly over hiim, and panic-stricken wife waiting out in the waiting room. The monitor went into "flatline"...no pulse or breathing...nothing. But...also out in the waiting room with the wife was the pastor's wife (whom I also know, and I've heard her side of the story first-hand) who upon hearing about the desperate fight for life going on in the ER, began earnestly praying for God to intervene, to spare the man's life, to let him live. Well...after about 10 minutes or so, the man did come back....his pulse and breathing returned, and he eventually recovered.
The pastor's wife told me what he had told her: he had felt himself slip out of his body, saw the doctors and nurses working on his body, but then felt himself being drawn into a long tunnel. Coming to the end of the tunnel, there was an intense bright light, and there he met a "person" who told him it was not his time to be there, that he had to return...and he did. He felt himself being sucked back through the same tunnel, and then back into his body.
Today this man is still alive, (now 80 years old), and is the nicest person you would ever care to meet, as is his wife. The wife says she KNOWS he was raised back from the dead, she knows that he died, and that the Lord told him to come back. She calls the pastor's wife "my miracle worker". (although the pastor's wife refuses to take any credit...that it was all God's doing).

As far as "proof" of raising someone from the dead, there is no standard of "accepted proof", because what convinces one person is total nonsense to another. What would be considered acceptable proof? A person dead for 2minutes coming back alive? No? Ok then, how about 5 minutes? No? Ok then, how about 15 minutes? No? Ok, then how about an hour? Still not good enough? Well...ok then, how about 5 hours? No? Ok, then how about 24 hours? (one whole day) No? Ok, let's change that to 3 days...the same amount of time that Jesus lay dead in the tomb. Well...most don't believe that either, even though hundreds of people saw Him alive afterwards after that 3rd day. Bottem line: no amount of proof will convince some people. Other people require no proof at all...they just believe.
Best bet if one needs "proof": ask God.

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity