U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 AM

14 posts, read 36,262 times

Advertisements

I am doing some Evangalistisk stuf, or trying for a biblecollige, but I having truble getten em out of this very nice place.. street E is not there stile they say. and anot of em are born Christian and never done it before, so they say therefore they dont have to do it.. So I am trying to get em out.. to se there all positive side.. any idea.. ALL.. I mean ALL are more then wellcome..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:19 AM

302 posts, read 477,290 times
Default The One Sinner That Repenteth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
I am doing some Evangalistisk stuf, or trying for a biblecollige, but I having truble getten em out of this very nice place.. street E is not there stile they say. and anot of em are born Christian and never done it before, so they say therefore they dont have to do it.. So I am trying to get em out.. to se there all positive side.. any idea.. ALL.. I mean ALL are more then wellcome..
THE ONE SINNER THAT REPENTETH

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Luke 15:10

Today, when churchmen think of evangelism, they often relate it to the gigantic campaigns of modern times, where huge sums of money are spent on advertising; workers are trained to counsel the converts; coliseums are rented; distinguished singers and musicians are featured --and a man with a degree in theology speaks.

Yet, in the Bible we have accounts of "one sinner that repented" being used mightily in the work of an evangelist; for an evangelist is a messenger of glad tidings that give hope to others.

Just one infamous woman met Jesus at a well. Her life was changed because she met Jesus and believed that he was the Messiah. Then, she did the work of an evangelist:

"... And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. And many more believed because of his own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." (Please read John 4:3-42)

Just one violent man, who was possessed by a legion of demons, met Jesus. Jesus cast out the demons and the man's life was changed. Then, Jesus sent him to do the work of an evangelist:

"... Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him. And it came to pass, that, when Jesus was returned, the people gladly received him: for they were all waiting for him." (Please read Luke 8:26-40)

In the body of Christ, there are many members with different jobs to do. We may never preach in a coliseum; but we can show our friends and neighbors how Jesus has changed our lives. Like the farmer, we can plant a seed and water it; but it is God that gives the increase.

Some one once said that anyone can count the seeds in an apple; but only God knows how many apples are in a seed.

Let us rejoice with the angels of heaven over that one sinner who repents and serves the Lord with his/her whole heart.

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info

Old 01-10-2009, 05:34 AM

thx... I am on bit of a spi. trip right now.. reading on book on salvation.. its a bit hard.. I just wunder I am saved, and how many are saved in the church.. You know, the tree is known by the frugt, but if there is not frught, will it not be cut off, like the jews in jesus time where.. I am have come to the conclution that uni salvation does not exist..wich in a way nice..

Old 01-10-2009, 08:10 AM

302 posts, read 477,290 times
Hello,

This is the time of the great apostasy. Most people in modern Christianity have never even repented! I am inviting you to our free website for more information.

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info

Donna

Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM

I have been there.. its.. not sure what to say..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity