U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,586,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Well divine child sacrifice aside, it seems I won't get an answer to my question of how the bible says jesus being your saviour is the only way to get to heaven BUT if you didn't know about him and you lead a good life that's just as good too. Like most things in the bible it doesn't make any sense.

You will get answer, it's what you do with it after having heard the truth, that matters. Here it is.......................

1st, your question: If Jesus being your Saviour is the only way to get to Heaven, but you did'nt know or have never heard of Him, how can you follow Him? Would'nt you be sent to hell?

Now, the answer:

1. And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. (Psalms 9:8)
    Before the LORD; for He is coming to judge the earth; He will judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with equity. (Psalms 98:9)
    But, O LORD of hosts, who judges righteously, Who tries the feelings and the heart, Let me see Thy vengeance on them, For to Thee have I committed my cause. (Jeremiah 11:20)
    But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgmentof God, who WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; (Romans 2:5-7)
    see also Genesis 18:25, 1 Kings 8:32, 2 Chronicles 6:23, Psalms 7:8, Psalms 7:11, Psalms 9:4, Psalms 9:8, Psalms 19:9, Psalms 96:10, Psalms 96:13, Psalms 98:9, Isaiah 11:4, Jeremiah 11:20, Acts 17:31, Romans 2, 10:12-14, James 2:12, Revelation 16:7
  2. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him." (John 3:36)
    There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. (John 12:48)
  3. for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation. (Romans 4:15)
    for until the Law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. (Romans 5:13)
  4. For there is no partiality with God. For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law; and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; (Romans 2:11-12)
  5. "And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth." (Job 19:25)
  6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (John 14:6)
  7. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

RIGHTEOUSNESS!! That's how He will judge all, not some all. Make a mental note of how the Bible says we will be judged.

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus. (Romans 2:14-16)

Some will be judged stricter than others.

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)

In other words, those who know the gospel, study it, and teach it will be under stricter judgment, since they have the ability of guide others, or lead them astray. Jesus, in the parable of the Master and the slaves (Luke 12:41-48) talked about the difference in judgment between those who know the will of God vs. those who do not know:

"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. (Luke 12:47-48)

Yes, He will judge righteously. God Bless.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 01-08-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 PM

604 posts, read 983,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
But I've been wanting to hear, too! lol

Oye

Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deguire View Post
oye :d
:d

Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,871,560 times
God is fair and just; people are given a chance, even all those people before the flood had a chance to accept Jesus after He was crucified. Jesus went and preached to them.

(1 Peter 3:18-20) "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 AM

8 posts, read 15,878 times
internet evangelists! im addicted to you~
so the aboriginals knew about god by looking at his creation? you mean the earth? so maybe that why so many people are pagan!!! but theyre going to hell, right? because they worship the earth and not "god"? so in essence all-knowing god let them become pagan and then damned them for it? some loving god! I thought the bible said that he was a jealous god, a god of wrath and fury, and told us to fear him! what book are you reading, because i want that one!
I must be reading too much apocrapha, or too much old testament!
look at JOB look at the sacrifice of Issac~ i mean, the on real devotee god has, he asks him to kill his own son (oh well he did it for us, right John 3:16 and all that jazz) Its not good to put a parent through that. If god felw down from heaven and told me to kill my own son for him i would tell him to go to hell- and i imagine every one of you would too. The people that say yes to that are the same people drowning their kids in bathtubs.
you dont hurt your children! SO you say god is sending people to hell for not sacrificing children and revering nature? Well thats not a god i want any part of!
eight words the wiccan rede fulfill, and ye harm none do what ye will!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipiphera View Post
internet evangelists! im addicted to you~
so the aboriginals knew about god by looking at his creation? you mean the earth? so maybe that why so many people are pagan!!! but theyre going to hell, right? because they worship the earth and not "god"? so in essence all-knowing god let them become pagan and then damned them for it? some loving god! I thought the bible said that he was a jealous god, a god of wrath and fury, and told us to fear him! what book are you reading, because i want that one!
I must be reading too much apocrapha, or too much old testament!
look at JOB look at the sacrifice of Issac~ i mean, the on real devotee god has, he asks him to kill his own son (oh well he did it for us, right John 3:16 and all that jazz) Its not good to put a parent through that. If god felw down from heaven and told me to kill my own son for him i would tell him to go to hell- and i imagine every one of you would too. The people that say yes to that are the same people drowning their kids in bathtubs.
you dont hurt your children! SO you say god is sending people to hell for not sacrificing children and revering nature? Well thats not a god i want any part of!
eight words the wiccan rede fulfill, and ye harm none do what ye will!
Not even in your own mind can you begin to perceive the goodness of God. Don't get it twisted sister! You want truth? You've heard about Him right? So what's stopping you girl?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM

God has provided a way for all of us. We all have heard, all being everyone that partakes of this wonderful site call City-Data. I sincerely hope all of you hold yourselves accountable to learning and studying the Words of God, for yourselves. Not what Betsey or anyone else says, for yourselves. As these uncertain times appears to worsens, I urge you all to trust God like never before. We are so close to His coming. God's about to make good on His promise to His children.

People will be people. Some believing, some accepting, some rejecting, and it's entirely up to you. My wish for you it that you sincerely seek a closer walk with Him. I'm a firm believer in anything's possible with God, and it's with strong conviction I can say, "I'm confident, some will come, if not most, some will come, right out of C.D. to know who Christ Jesus is". Blessing to you, my entire C.D. friends.

Love, your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM

(Romans 3:19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,096,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God is fair and just; people are given a chance, even all those people before the flood had a chance to accept Jesus after He was crucified. Jesus went and preached to them.

(1 Peter 3:18-20) "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."
Hi, scgraham: There is nothing in 1 Peter 3:18-20 that suggests people have an opportunity to be saved after death. Christ's purpose in descending into Hades following His death and burial was to declare that "It is finished." Those who waited in Hades, both the righteous and the wicked, were about to be given their final judgment and disposition. There was no second chance!

Christ was already in that first-century day "ready" to judge the living and the "dead" (1 Peter 4:5). Those who waited in Hades (See Luke 19) were judged "according to men in the flesh" in that they had died physically. Jesus preached the Gospel to them not to save anyone there but to declare that He was victorious over death and that the time was near for them to be released from the "grave" (Hades). The wicked would be cast out and the righteous would be taken to heaven to be with the Lord forever. This is the meaning of Peter's words which follow--"the end of all things is AT HAND."

Paul, when before Felix, pronounced that there was "about to be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust" (Acts 24:15--emphasis mine). Again, before Felix, Paul spoke of a judgment that was "about to come" (Acts 24:25). This corresponds with the content of the Revelation which involved those things which were to shortly take place because the time was then near. That included resurrection and judgment.

"The sea gave up her dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works (see Matthew 16:27 and 28). Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:13, 14). This precedes the words to John: "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is AT HAND" (Rev. 22:10)!

Preterist

Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Hi, scgraham: There is nothing in 1 Peter 3:18-20 that suggests people have an opportunity to be saved after death. Christ's purpose in descending into Hades following His death and burial was to declare that "It is finished." Those who waited in Hades, both the righteous and the wicked, were about to be given their final judgment and disposition. There was no second chance!

Christ was already in that first-century day "ready" to judge the living and the "dead" (1 Peter 4:5). Those who waited in Hades (See Luke 19) were judged "according to men in the flesh" in that they had died physically. Jesus preached the Gospel to them not to save anyone there but to declare that He was victorious over death and that the time was near for them to be released from the "grave" (Hades). The wicked would be cast out and the righteous would be taken to heaven to be with the Lord forever. This is the meaning of Peter's words which follow--"the end of all things is AT HAND."

Paul, when before Felix, pronounced that there was "about to be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust" (Acts 24:15--emphasis mine). Again, before Felix, Paul spoke of a judgment that was "about to come" (Acts 24:25). This corresponds with the content of the Revelation which involved those things which were to shortly take place because the time was then near. That included resurrection and judgment.

"The sea gave up her dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works (see Matthew 16:27 and 28). Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:13, 14). This precedes the words to John: "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is AT HAND" (Rev. 22:10)!

Preterist
Preterist - please do not construe my post to mean that I believe people will have a second chance after death; no, after death, there is no second chance.

I provided the scripture to prove that God is just; all will have a chance to accept, or reject, Jesus. All those before the flood had a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or