U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,585,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Preterist - please do not construe my post to mean that I believe people will have a second chance after death; no, after death, there is no second chance.

I provided the scripture to prove that God is just; all will have a chance to accept, or reject, Jesus. All those before the flood had a chance.
Bless!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 04:49 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,095,936 times
Quote:
Preterist - please do not construe my post to mean that I believe people will have a second chance after death; no, after death, there is no second chance.

I provided the scripture to prove that God is just; all will have a chance to accept, or reject, Jesus. All those before the flood had a chance.
scgraham: This is your statement--"God is fair and just; people are given a chance, even all those people before the flood had a chance to accept Jesus after He was crucified. Jesus went and preached to them."

I am trying to understand what you meant. When are you saying that Jesus went to preach to them? Thanks.

Preterist

Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM

That NONE should perish, no not one.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM

140 posts, read 409,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
That NONE should perish, no not one.
You are stating that there is a difference between NONE and NO ONE. Do you mind elaborating on that? I don't get it...

Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
You are stating that there is a difference between NONE and NO ONE. Do you mind elaborating on that? I don't get it...
I am not stating anything, Jesus said it before I did. Start at the Beginning. Bless.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:17 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,871,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
scgraham: This is your statement--"God is fair and just; people are given a chance, even all those people before the flood had a chance to accept Jesus after He was crucified. Jesus went and preached to them."

I am trying to understand what you meant. When are you saying that Jesus went to preach to them? Thanks.

Preterist
Preterist, yes. That is what the Word says.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,095,936 times
Quote:
Preterist, yes. That is what the Word says.
Please be patient with me, scgraham, but I am still trying to get at just what you are saying. You "seem" to be saying that those who perished before the flood (and obviously were dead) were given a chance to believe on Christ AFTER He was crucified and went to preach to them. Is that what you are saying? If so, I totally disagree.

Again, I agree that Jesus went to preach to the "spirits in prison" (Hades--where all the dead waited for The Judgment, both righteous and wicked), but it does not say that they were given a chance to change their eternal destinies. All were disobedient and perished in that disobedience except Noah and his family.

As for 2 Peter 3:6, it does not mean that all people throughout all time and place. The comparison is between the flood of Noah's day and the judgment that was then soon to come in Peter's day. (Remember, Paul said that there was "about to be" a judgment" [Acts 24]). God was not willing that any who were still to be saved in THAT day preceding His coming in A. D. 70 should perish, but that all of the elect of THAT day would come to repentance. That is the context. We must not make it expand beyond that.

In the Revelation, (chapter 22), so close was His coming ("Behold, I am coming soon"), that no one's eternal destiny could be changed. All those who were to come to repentance had come, just as was promised. The angel said to John--"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand" [near]. Here is the fulfillment of Peter's words in 2 Peter 3:6ff--"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." None perished and all whom the Father had drawn came to repentance (as the Father willed) and then Christ brought the judgment that would set forever the eternal destiny of all throughout all time and place!

In Christ, Preterist

Preterist

Last edited by Preterist; 01-14-2009 at 11:46 AM..

Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Before the flood, after the flood, through the flood, during the flood of OUR lives........................... We, You, They, Them, All of Us that are yet alive, still have a chance at NOT PERISHING. Obedience is key.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,901,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Obedience is key.
Obedience vs. His will.

Mmmm...

Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Obedience vs. His will.

Mmmm...
His will is that we obey and by obeying ALL OF IT, YES, SABBATH AND ALL........................that none, no not one, shall perish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or