U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:46 PM

589 posts, read 1,349,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Got it! "Savages". I have heard only Mormons use that reference and what verse is that may I ask?
I'm not a Mormon. I took the liberty to use that term to define people who have never heard of the gospel or anything about God in their entire lifetime due to circumstances beyond their control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,582 times
Wow. Savages.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,723,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I'm not a Mormon. I took the liberty to use that term to define people who have never heard of the gospel or anything about God in their entire lifetime due to circumstances beyond their control.
and you are basing your version of the gospel off of??????

Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM

589 posts, read 1,349,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and you are basing your version of the gospel off of??????
REV 20:11: And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God;and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14: And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
REV 20:11: And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God;and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14: And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
You are basing your gospel on an unknown in the hardest book to interpret?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,202,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well Deguire does this statement answer your question as to why I questioned sexual oreintation?
Being an athiest has nothing to do with me being gay. I imagine I'd still be very anti religion even if I wasn't gay so **** off.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,582 times
It's like free pass day around here.

I feel bad for the moderators.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Being an athiest has nothing to do with me being gay. I imagine I'd still be very anti religion even if I wasn't gay so **** off.
No you are just angry at an imaginary figure

Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM

604 posts, read 983,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well Deguire does this statement answer your question as to why I questioned sexual oreintation?
Well I must really be worse then a gay person because I'm not gay, was once a Christian (despite what others might rationalize away with fancy theology) and I too will NEVER want to have anything to do with being a part of the Christian faith again.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 PM

604 posts, read 983,201 times
DTO my friend. Just take a deep breath. No need getting worked up to the point where you lose it. To quote a bible verse to apply to City Data's rules, "be ye angry and sin not."

I realize it can be frustrating but the topic is decent but don't lose it in the side details. Cool? I'm sure Betsy wants to see her thread go on forever. Somebody might be interested in her plea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or