U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:30 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,903 times

Advertisements

Some of us aren't here for debating.

Curly, those are wonderful verses! Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,290,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Dude sorry but you were never a Christian.
You said that same thing to me once and I resent the fact that you think you know me and Deguire and everyone else on this board, because you do not. How do you know what I, or Deguire, once felt and believed? You do not. Please don't make assumptions based on your own limited view of mankind.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,029,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Being an athiest has nothing to do with me being gay. I imagine I'd still be very anti religion even if I wasn't gay so **** off.
Well lets see, gay and an atheist with no intent in being a Christian, no wonder you do not understand our answers to your questions you are a perfect example of those the Lord warned us about.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Well I must really be worse then a gay person because I'm not gay, was once a Christian (despite what others might rationalize away with fancy theology) and I too will NEVER want to have anything to do with being a part of the Christian faith again.
I must agree with Fundy on this one and I mean no disrespect but you were never trully a Christian by your own admittion.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM

604 posts, read 982,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I must agree with Fundy on this one and I mean no disrespect but you were never trully a Christian by your own admittion.
When and where I did I say I wasn't?

You guys think you're slick with these verbal gymnastics and semantics so popular in Christian theology. All the pop and circumstance one supposedly has to CHOOSE the Christian god but none to choose to walk away. You can't have it 17 different ways.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
This entire issue comes down to the failure on the part of so many Christians to understand who they are in Christ and what mighty works have been wrought in them to make them a child of God.

Here is the fundamental question: Can a believer, once born again, become UNborn again? No!

We have been redeemed by Christ--can we now become unredeemed? And if so, when has He ever indicated that we were for sale? And who could pay the purchase price for surely it would have to be greater than what He paid!

We have been made constitutionally and foundationally a "new creation"--something we were not before. Something so marvelous and intricate and metamorphical that to undo it would require miracles as awesome and transformational as those wrought in us by God to make us His own in the first place! Can we return to our mother's wombs? Can a butterfly return to its cocoon and become a caterpillar? Neither can the child of God and the new creation return to what he once was.

Do we know who we are? We have not simply been forgiven of our sins--we have been made something magnificent that we weren't before. Such a miracle cannot be undone. We cannot be UNborn again!

I don't care who finds the most verses in the Bible to support his position. They are all noncontradictory in light of the nature of salvation.

We are regenerated--made alive from the dead. We cannot die again spiritually.

We have been legally adopted into God's family and made joint heirs with Christ. Are we able to rescind such a legally binding transaction and nullify out adoption "papers?" When has God promised to disinherit us?

We have been judicially declared pardoned. We cannot be charged with crimes already atoned for lest God be guilty of double jeopardy.

We are members of Christ's body. When has He promised to have us removed?

It is this totally new creation which God has wrought within us that seeks to please Him and forsake all sinfulness. When we fail because of the working of the old man who still resides within us, we have an advocate with the Father--the Lord Jesus Christ. The true, eternal, secure child of God repents and feels sorrow in the new man. Confession is made God is faithful and just to forgive us of all unrighteousness and restore fellowship.

Again, the true child of God, born again from above, cannot undo God's mighty works accomplished within Him--nor does He want to! Nothing, nothing, nothing can separate us from Him!

Remember who you are!

In Christ, Preterist
We may not agree on the trivial stuff but that was awesome.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

604 posts, read 982,758 times
Oh, and I used to believe and teach that nonsense. Been there, done that and bought the WWJD bracelet. I know ALL the supporting scriptures on both sides. If I was never a Christian, I sure as hell did a far better job at being a fake one than some who claim to be real ones.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,718,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
You said that same thing to me once and I resent the fact that you think you know me and Deguire and everyone else on this board, because you do not. How do you know what I, or Deguire, once felt and believed? You do not. Please don't make assumptions based on your own limited view of mankind.
I don't make assumptions, it's in the bible. You were NEVER a Christian and why should you feel offended if you don't believe there is a God. You may have felt but you are explained perfectly in the parable of the Sower

Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I used to believe and teach that nonsense. Been there, done that and bought the WWJD bracelet. I know ALL the supporting scriptures on both sides. If I was never a Christian, I sure as hell did a far better job at being a fake one than some who claim to be real ones.
Look I am not trying to fight with you, but if you were a Christian at one time then you would understand what Preterist posted as well as understand why we say you were never trully a Christian. It is not meant to attack you or to insult you but apparently you had an experience and satan convinced you it was a salvation experience. It happens to alot of people, they have the experience they become gungho for Christ, burn bright for a little while and then burn out. It is in the Bible exactly what happened to you.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,718,586 times
Quote:
When and where I did I say I wasn't?

You guys think you're slick with these verbal gymnastics and semantics so popular in Christian theology. All the pop and circumstance one supposedly has to CHOOSE the Christian god but none to choose to walk away. You can't have it 17 different ways.
IT'S IN THE BIBLE and it makes perfect sense. Christianity is the only religion where we don't choose, God chooses us so wouldn't it make sense that the God that saves you is the God that keeps you since nothing is about us, it's all Him and His glory.

and why are you so sensitive about once believing in the flying spaghetti monster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or