Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times

Advertisements

"Have I any pleasure at all, that the wicked should die?" saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?" Ezekiel 18:23

Are you wondering why Jesus is tarrying and not returning right now for His Church? The answer is stated in the above by God Himself. God takes no pleasure in knowing the wicked perish.

God knows who will come to a saving relationship with His Son Jesus, and who won't. Each day that passes is another day that someone becomes a new creation in Christ and will join the rest of us in the Rapture. You and I can't see all those who are being saved on a daily basis, but know this: Not one day passes that there is'nt rejoicing in Heaven because someone has accepted Christ as their Saviour.

As I came across this newsletter, I thought about the people out there that had not yet made that decision for Christ Jesus. I thought about my mom who had made that decision for Christ many years ago, my sister who passed last Christmas, believer, my friend Lisa, believer, but there is so much that have'nt decided; that think they still have time, time as they know it.

It goes on to say: Think back, to the day you were saved. Now go back one more day. What if the Lord had come for His church on that day? Where would you be right now? Why He tarries? There's one more in need of saving! That He's waiting on one more just like you use to be. Like I, use to be. It is indeed humbling huh?

Here is the link to the complete article, it's worth taking five minutes to read........... That None Should Perish (http://www.rapturealert.com/2009/010309noneperish.asp - broken link)

We have a lot to do people while waiting on the Lord to come. There's plenty of hurting folks out there that need hope. The laborers are so few. Do your part. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,278 times
So if god wanted everyone to know about him why didn't have have a way for the people outside of the middle east to know about him or Jesus? People long ago who lived in Asia, the Aboriginals of Australia, tribes people in the jungles of Africa, the Rain Forest tribes of South America, and the pre-American-Indian tribes had no way of knowing about salvation so I guess god has just been sending people to hell based on where they live for centuries. Are you still sure he doesn't want anyone to parish?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
So if god wanted everyone to know about him why didn't have have a way for the people outside of the middle east to know about him or Jesus? People long ago who lived in Asia, the Aboriginals of Australia, tribes people in the jungles of Africa, the Rain Forest tribes of South America, and the pre-American-Indian tribes had no way of knowing about salvation so I guess god has just been sending people to hell based on where they live for centuries. Are you still sure he doesn't want anyone to parish?
He has provided a way for EVERYONE to know about Him.

Romans 1:19-20 "For the truth about God is know to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God".

Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
He did and they were Simon Peter Andrew James John Philip Nathaniel (also called Bartholomew) Matthew Thomas James, son of Alpheus Simon the Zealot Judas, son of James Judas Iscariot. His disciples.

Very well said, Betsey Lane

Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 AM

That's a crap argument. It also says in the bible that the only way to get into heaven is to be born again. If that's the "only" way how are these other people on the other side of the planet supposed to feel your god they know nothing about?

It seems like someone long ago asked a similar question to me and they through that part in the bible real quick.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
The conundrum I have is not so much that as you put it,

Quote:
"God knows who will come to a saving relationship with His Son Jesus, and who won't"
but that He has declared it's His will that none should perish, that all would come to repentance, it's His good pleasure to reconcile all things to Himself, etc.

How then do we see that He has to depend on us to give Him what He wants? I've heard it preached that God is perfectly content in His perfection, having praise heaped upon Him from the angelic beings who cry "holy, holy, holy" day and night for ever and ever, lacking nothing in His infinitude, perfectly at rest...

How then does He need man, how does He need anything to accomplish His desire? We are the workmanship of His hands, and what He puts into us, He gets out of us - nothing more, nothing less.

What of the profitable seeds, the profitable servants? you ask. It's my belief that the working of the Spirit in our lives - His working - gives us the grace to accomplish anything that we might accomplish. Without Him, we can do nothing! How then can we boast? How can we be anxious for anything?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:32 AM

The HOLY SPIRIT does the drawing, pulling, the tugging, of your hearts, so to speak. We do the "REPLYING", accepting, rejecting, refusing. It's our choosing. Choose carefully, choose wisely. God Bless.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
He did and still does repeatedly. Prophets have been and still are sent to every nation, every people group and they are tortured and killed, in some cases even eaten. We are here in the US and people are ignoring the truth because of a simple misundersatanding most of the time. There are stories and cave paintings relating similar stories as the flood, the exodus, the coming of Christ. Explorers and missinaries are coming to new villages and relating the truth of the Bible to the natives and being told by some that they already knew this, that it had come to them in a dream and very often they have recorded those dreams in drawings and writings of their own languages or they have been passed down thru acting out or what many consider oral myths.

We do what we can and God does the rest but people still reject the truth because of selfishness and lies. Many are trapped in the lusts of satan and due to the degredation of the world they are told it is fine when in fact it is contributing to their downfall. God is not willing that any should perish, but he is not going to force anyone to believe because even then many will reject Him.

Lets look at the exodus, a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of fire by night to guide their way, manna from heaven to feed them daily, water from a rock when needed, their clothes never tattered in fourty years, all these signs of God grace and many still rejected Him. How much more different are we than they were?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
That's a crap argument. It also says in the bible that the only way to get into heaven is to be born again. If that's the "only" way how are these other people on the other side of the planet supposed to feel your god they know nothing about?

It seems like someone long ago asked a similar question to me and they through that part in the bible real quick.

You'll like to argue until kingdom come, but there's not much time. Do you feel Him? You've heard, on a daily basis right? What's stopping you? Think about it.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The HOLY SPIRIT does the drawing, pulling, the tugging, of your hearts, so to speak. We do the "REPLYING", accepting, rejecting, refusing. It's our choosing. Choose carefully, choose wisely. God Bless.
So during the time of Abraham how the hell is anyone in the Amazon supposed to know about Abraham's god? They would have no clue.

At the time of Jesus how were the Eskimos supposed to know about his death and resurrection and of salvation? They would have no clue.

Whatever pulling or tugging your talking about isn't a god or spirit it's just you thinking things through on the inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity