U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,418,557 times

Advertisements

God is a merciful father but he is also a righteous father, but he is not forgotten. He says in his words for those that committed sin, he said for now I will not see your iniquities, but in a day of judgment I will remember all of your sins. When O lords when all this fulfills.

Rev. 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Romans 1:18-22 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And he also speaks about those who are very rich in the world today who make thepoor, poorer
Treasurest up. To treasure up, or to lay up treasure, commonly denotes a laying by in a place of security of property that may be of use to us at some future period. In this place it is used, however, in a more general sense, to accumulate, to increase. It still has the idea of hoarding up, carries the thought beautifully and impressively onward to future times. Wrath, like wealth treasured up, is not exhausted at present, and hence the sinner becomes bolder in sin. But it exists for future use; it is kept in store (comp. 2 Peter 3:7 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=2Pe+3%3A7 - broken link)) against future times; and the man who commits sin is only increasing this by every act of transgression. The same sentiment is taught in a most solemn manner in Deuteronomy 32:34 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=Dt+32%3A34 - broken link),35 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=Dt+32%3A35 - broken link). It may be remarked here, that most men have an immense treasure of this kind in store, which eternal ages of pain will not exhaust or diminish! Stores of wrath are thus reserved for a guilty world, and in due time it "will come upon man to the uttermost," 1 Thessalonians 2:16 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=1Th+2%3A16 - broken link).

Romans 6: 23 For the Wages of Sin is Death.

Revelation 2:11 He that over cometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Revelation 21: 7 - 8 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
But the cowardly, the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and sexually immoral, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the Second “Death
................................. (What is the second death.) can any one tell me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:23 AM

2,946 posts, read 4,878,085 times
The second death is the judgement...it`s spiritual. God`s chosen go through a spiritual death / resurrection and judgement in this church age. Others go through it after the second resurrection. Either way we all have to die spiritually once...after that the judgement or 2nd death..the one that purifies and refines you. That`s why judgement begins at the house of God..his chosen die and are buried with christ in this age...resurrected or born again...then judged by God`s consuming fire and refined. Blessed are those who take part in the first resurrection.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM

Exclamation The second death?.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
The second death is the judgement...it`s spiritual. God`s chosen go through a spiritual death / resurrection and judgement in this church age. Others go through it after the second resurrection. Either way we all have to die spiritually once...after that the judgement or 2nd death..the one that purifies and refines you. That`s why judgement begins at the house of God..his chosen die and are buried with christ in this age...resurrected or born again...then judged by God`s consuming fire and refined. Blessed are those who take part in the first resurrection.
The First Resurrection
Rev. 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,421,699 times
[/quote]
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Dear TWIO, Good morning......Who are these, "the rest of the dead"?.....where are they during the thousand years? Then, after the thousand years, where do they go? What happens after the thousand years? Does everything start all over again? Is satan released again to do this all over again?...Sorry for all the questions...don't worry, I do not expect you to answer them......this is a question I have had for a very long time...and I am glad you brought it up here...just something I was wondering in my thoughts...Love...we will probably just have to wait...and wait...and wait to see...

Old 01-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Default The First Resurrection

Quote:
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Dear TWIO, Good morning......Who are these, "the rest of the dead"?.....where are they during the thousand years? Then, after the thousand years, where do they go? What happens after the thousand years? Does everything start all over again? Is satan released again to do this all over again?...Sorry for all the questions...don't worry, I do not expect you to answer them......this is a question I have had for a very long time...and I am glad you brought it up here...just something I was wondering in my thoughts...Love...we will probably just have to wait...and wait...and wait to see...
[/quote]

The First Resurrection
Rev. 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Blessed. That is, his condition is to be regarded as a happy or a favoured one. This is designed apparently to support and encourage those who in the time of John suffered persecution, or who might suffer persecution afterwards.
And holy. That is, no one will be thus honoured who has not an established character for holiness. Holy principles will then reign, and none will be exalted to that honour who have not a character for eminent sanctity.
That hath part in the first resurrection. That participated in it; that is, who is associated with those who are thus raised up.
On such the second death hath no power. The "second death" is properly the death which the wicked will experience in the world of woe. See Revelation 20:14. The meaning here is, that all who are here referred to as having part in the first resurrection will be secure against that. It will be one of the blessed privileges of heaven that there will be absolute security against DEATH in any and every form; and when we think of what death is here, and still more when we think of "the bitter pains of the second death," we may well call that state "blessed" in which there will be eternal exemption from either.
But they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him.
Revelation 1:6; 5:10.
(*)-Condition of the world in the period referred to in Revelation 20:4-6.
I. It is well known that this passage is the principal one which is relied on by those who advocate the doctrine of the literal reign of Christ on the earth for a thousand years, or who hold what are called the doctrines of the "second advent." The points which are maintained by those who advocate these views are substantially,

(*) that at that period Christ will descend from heaven to reign personally upon the earth;
(*) that he will have a central place of power and authority, probably Jerusalem;
(*) that the righteous dead will then be raised, in such bodies as are to be immortal;
(*) that they will be his attendants, and will participate with him in the government of the world;
(*) that this will continue during the period of a thousand years;
(*) that the world will be subdued and converted during this period, not by moral means, but by "a new dispensation"-by the power of the Son of God; and
(*) that at the close of this period all the remaining dead will be raised, the judgment will take place, and the affairs of the earth will be consummated.

Revelation 1:5-7 And from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the Kings of the earth. Unto him that love us and washed us from our sins in his blood, and hath made us kings and prie unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold he cometh with clouds and every eye shall see him and they also which pierced him; and all kingreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so. Amen.
Colossians 1: 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
I Corinthians 15:20 – 23 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

Hebrews 1: 6 And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

In the Greek word Strong 4416, the word (Pro - toot - ok’ - os). meaning this word, first born, first begotten, Firstborn is used (1) of Christ as born of the Virgin Mary (Mt. 1:25; Lk. 2:7). (2) of his relationship to the Father, expressing his priority to and preeminence over creation, not in the sense of being the first to be born. (cf . Exo. 4:22; Deut. 21:16-17) (3) Chronologically, the four passages relating to Christ as firstborn, first begotten, may be set forth thusly; (3a) Colo. 1:15, Where His eternal relationship with the Father is in view, and the clause means both that He was the firstborn before all creation and that he Himself produced creation (the genitive case being objective as v.16 makes clear); (3b) Colo. 1:18 And Rev. 1:5 In reference to His resurrection; (3c) Rom. 8:29 His being firstborn among those living by faith alone in God the Father; (3d)Heb. 1:6. First begotten, stresses His superior positive, His preeminence over all; His second advent in contrast to His first advent, at His birth implied.
We read in Psalm 76:10 for thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (Jesus) neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of body, the church; who is the beginning the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
I Corinthians 15:20-22 But no is Christ risen from the dead and become the first fruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death; and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
Psalms 23:4 Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 48:14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Genesis 15:1After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, fear not Abram, I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward.
Ruth 1:16-17 And Ruth said, intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I will lodge thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God; Where thou diest will I die and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also if ought but dead part thee and me.
Psalms 48:11-14Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the generation following.
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 AM

You are making the same error that the church system makes. You are not understanding the difference between the physical and the spiritual. What God is creating is the spiritual to last eternally. God dealt with the physical under the old covenant...or law. The new convenant that Jesus taught about has to do with the spiritual. The old physical carnal mind has to be burned away and refined. The spiritual things are of God. Those that worship him do so in spirit and truth.
"Because the carnal [natural physical] mind is enmity [deep seated HATRED] AGAINST God; for it is NOT subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).

"For to be carnally minded is DEATH; but to be spiritually minded is LIFE and peace" (Rom. 8:6).

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection" (Rom. 6:4).

People who still walk in the physical cannot comprehend the truth or spiritual things of God. They are still walking,thinking,living in the physical. That is why they cannot decipher between the physical and spiritual,it is foreign to them. It is much like the pharisees or religious leaders of Jesus day. They didn`t get it. They had trouble understanding what Jesus was talking about because they were looking at God with physical eyes...they could not see the spiritual laws and ways of God. They did not have ears to hear. They were blinded to the spiritual things.
People read the bible with their physical eyes and mind and try to understand things in the physical..aka...physical literal lake of fire...physical literal beast ...physical literal resurrection. Yes your physical body has to die because it is physical, earthy, carnal but it has to be resurrected and refined spiritually speaking because the physical cannot inherit the things of God. That`s why God`s chosen are crucified and buried with Christ and are spiritually born again..hence the term born again. You are not physically born again. You are now ready to rule and reign with Christ because you have died to self...God has put you through the fire. If you die a physical death and have not been born again,you have to take part in the second resurrection and go through God`s fiery trial

Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Dear TWIO, Good morning......Who are these, "the rest of the dead"?.....where are they during the thousand years? Then, after the thousand years, where do they go? What happens after the thousand years? Does everything start all over again? Is satan released again to do this all over again?...Sorry for all the questions...don't worry, I do not expect you to answer them......this is a question I have had for a very long time...and I am glad you brought it up here...just something I was wondering in my thoughts...Love...we will probably just have to wait...and wait...and wait to see... [/quote]

The rest of the dead are those that have died since the begininng of time but were not part of God`s elect. They were not part of the first resurrection. They will take part in the second resurrection and then go through the 2nd fire or judgement in the next age.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 AM

We are all carnal, but if your mind is focused in spiritual things, not of the flesh then there is hope, only then the Holy Spirit can work within the person. Yes to be Carnal is DEATH, but God provides a way for the carnal mind to adjust to be spiritual, this is a process and it takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or