U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 AM

309 posts, read 446,317 times

Advertisements

Amen!!!! I was baptized in the water, but first I was saved and baptized in the Blood of the Lamb my dear sweet Savior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM

322 posts, read 657,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
My Church of Christ believes all Christians are saved but only way you can be a Christian is to be baptized for the Remission of Sin. Now my question is what about all the other Christians that were baptized but wasn't for the remission of sin are they still saved. If no then aren't the Church of Christ really saying your going to heaved if your a member of the Church of Christ?
Rather than make specific statements about the COC (which I know little about), I'll simply say that water baptisim in the name of JESUS CHRIST (very important to baptize in that name!) is commanded by GOD for those who believe with all thier heart in JESUS CHRIST.

So if we (the true believers) are submerged in the water of this baptisim, in the name of JESUS CHRIST, we have obeyed GOD.

Water baptisim is a very intresting subject and is a part of my ongoing biblical study.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,903,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Rather than make specific statements about the COC (which I know little about), I'll simply say that water baptisim in the name of JESUS CHRIST (very important to baptize in that name!) is commanded by GOD for those who believe with all thier heart in JESUS CHRIST.

So if we (the true believers) are submerged in the water of this baptisim, in the name of JESUS CHRIST, we have obeyed GOD.
It's only the physical display of what we are to do for the rest of our existence - if you're simply baptized in water but then aren't circumcised of the heart, there is no change in the person.

Water baptism in and of itself is the most overrated act in the Christian life, imo. It must be accompanied by change.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,031,481 times
Take a look at the theif on the cross beside Jesus "Today you will be with me in paradise". No baptism, no sprinkling, no getting on knees and praying, just faith and repentance.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM

21,645 posts, read 30,266,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Take a look at the theif on the cross beside Jesus "Today you will be with me in paradise". No baptism, no sprinkling, no getting on knees and praying, just faith and repentance.
Absolutely!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,903,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
A prime example of God's mercy towards His creation. The message to believers is for the carrying out of His plan - as for His plan, well, it's HIS plan.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,632,900 times
Whatever you think !!!
As for me and my household, we chose to believe what the scriptures say on the subject, including what Jesus and Peter said. I am going to answer as to my obedience to the doctrine of Christ, not to what others 'think', or what they have have been taught by false teachers.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 AM

309 posts, read 446,317 times
Marianinark what type of church you go to?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 AM

589 posts, read 1,349,716 times
I believe we must do everything God required us to do to be called his children... and that includes acknowledging the sacrifice of Jesus Christ by accepting him as our personal Savior, the circumcision of men, baptism, and obeying God's Law... the 10 Commandments... which includes the observance of Sabbath and the 7 Feasts of the Lord.

I believe by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we are already saved (in the judgment day); however, if we are remiss on any one of the other requirements, there will be consequences. I don't know exactly what, perhaps we will miss some blessings that come from complete obedience to God... or we will not be found worthy to escape the horrors of the Great Tribulation... or we will have no part in the 1st Resurrection of the saints to rule with Christ in the Millennium....

Of course you don't have to agree... this is all just my opinion. I'm doing it all because I fear God and will do everything to please him.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM

783 posts, read 1,183,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I believe we must do everything God required us to do to be called his children... and that includes acknowledging the sacrifice of Jesus Christ by accepting him as our personal Savior, the circumcision of men, baptism, and obeying God's Law... the 10 Commandments... which includes the observance of Sabbath and the 7 Feasts of the Lord.

I believe by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we are already saved (in the judgment day); however, if we are remiss on any one of the other requirements, there will be consequences. I don't know exactly what, perhaps we will miss some blessings that come from complete obedience to God... or we will not be found worthy to escape the horrors of the Great Tribulation... or we will have no part in the 1st Resurrection of the saints to rule with Christ in the Millennium....

Of course you don't have to agree... this is all just my opinion. I'm doing it all because I fear God and will do everything to please him.
Good post wilvan!

I would like to add that this is far more than “just opinion”, it is God’s desire for you and you wish to fulfill His desire. This has become your conviction – this is far greater than “just opinion” as understood by secular postmodernism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or