U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,300,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well I can't speak for anyone else because God decides who is saved. I personally don't believe baptism is a requirement for salvation, I believe that is work righteousness and there is nothing we can do to be saved, it's all God.
but we should be baptized because God commands it.

I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 PM

852 posts, read 1,202,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Well the reason for my question is this some members of the congregation at the Church of Christ that I attend/attended believe all other churches are wrong and they are the only ones saved now to me that is judging. How can they believe they are the only ones saved and going to heaven just because they were baptized for the remission of sin. Now I am sorry but I just don't feel that way that is part of why im no longer in the church and trying to find me another one. So if they are saying that the only way one is saved is through Baptism for the remission of sins then what about all these other denominations are they are worthless and not going to heaven. What about the thief on the cross just saying that we were still under the old law is just and excuse to verify that Christ had not died and only the New law is what is important. If that were the case the Ten Commandments were constructed under the Old Law and are still in place. I have always defended Churches of Christ in the past but my eyes are starting to become open and realize that some of thier doctrine is not IMO sound doctrine.
Just letting you know...this is the reason I left this "church" also. My Dad continues to attend this church and I see no reason to believe he is doing anything wrong. He believes that you do not have to attend this "specific" church to enter heaven. I just had trouble attending a "church" where many truly do have this belief...I believe we should do what our hearts tell us and go where God leads us. For me, I looked for a church where the people had a true desire to live by the bible...where they studied scripture and where I could find many who had more than a desire to only attend church on "Sunday morning." The name on the door did not mean a whole lot to me as long as they were living by scripture. .I especially believe Christians should not tell other Christians they will not be going to heaven....this makes my heart weep.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,745,262 times
If a 'savior' comes then he saves and does not require the 'savee' to save themselves by a proper response otherwise the savior is no savior, just an adviser to the savee on how to save themselves.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM

14 posts, read 36,366 times
The cross was great--->the argument on page 2. however I find it ... interesting that many say that there cant be no salvation outside baptism and you are always S--

I think that its a Give your life for the Lord krist, and live a life for krist, or as some say in Denmark, Jesuism.. The jesus way-- know the tree by its Frougts.. however, Im reading on this subjekt atm, and not totally sure where i stand... just whatever you do, give your life for the lord krist, and live for him, not yourself

Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 229,757 times
Default Check concordance in bible for direction

Quote:
my church of christ believes all christians are saved but only way you can be a christian is to be baptized for the remission of sin. Now my question is what about all the other christians that were baptized but wasn't for the remission of sin are they still saved. If no then aren't the church of christ really saying your going to heaved if your a member of the church of christ?
hebrews 11:6-but without faith it is impossible to please him:for he that cometh to god must believe that he is,and that he is a rewarder
of them that diligently seek him.

Also see ,acts 16:31

Old 01-14-2009, 04:46 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,654,795 times
Quote:
Marianinark what type of church you go to?

Sorry, I had not seen this question. I quit reading most of these posts because there is so much scripture bashing. I just cannot take it.

Deerdog, I do not 'go to' any 'church'. I am a member of the church that Jesus suffered and died for. ( The church is the body of Christ...it is not a man's organization.) There are several scriptural names for the church, "the church" is one, also the church of God, the church of Christ, the body of Christ, the disciples of Christ, the saints, and others. Our building has: The Gaither Mountain church of Christ meets here", on it, so that visitors will know who we are.
Our doctrine is the inspired word of God, and nothing else. We have no 'headquarters' on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or