U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 8,026,447 times
Reputation: 3332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post

And where does correcting those who love only those who love them exclude loving them????
Anyone else getting dizzy?

It bothers me that this concerns you both enough to start talking in circles.
Lord willing, you will be able to sort it out amongst yourselves, with the Lord's help and in his time. God Bless. Love you both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,628,382 times
Reputation: 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Anyone else getting dizzy?

It bothers me that this concerns you both enough to start talking in circles.
Lord willing, you will be able to sort it out amongst yourselves, with the Lord's help and in his time. God Bless. Love you both.
????? What "circles". Are you saying that correcting someone who is in error is not loving them
Is your idea of 'loving' someone, going along with their errors????

Oh, I see you are speaking to both of us...bigthirsty and me.

How is this question any less important than all the weird ones on the book of Revelation, and on the book of Genesis?

The topic of Christian love is very present on these threads, and very important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 8,026,447 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
????? What "circles". Are you saying that correcting someone who is in error is not loving them
Is your idea of 'loving' someone, going along with their errors????

Oh, I see you are speaking to both of us...bigthirsty and me.

How is this question any less important than all the weird ones on the book of Revelation, and on the book of Genesis?

The topic of Christian love is very present on these threads, and very important.
Apparently attempts at humor are not....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 01:15 PM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,206,482 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
More questions for you, bigthirsty...are you baiting me????
Trust me.. if I were baiting you.. you'd know it.

I'm generally thrown off that you feel there are people here (in life too I suppose) use the word only in extreme exuberance.. that troubles me. Not so much on a personal level (i.e. Marians thoughts trouble me..). More on a general level..

Kind of a "what has this world come to" level. It means people in general are as cautious and skeptical as I am.. which is very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Or trying to set me up to say something derogatoty about some specific person ??
It ain't a-going to work!
The very fact that you think I'm trying to get you to say something derogatory about some specific person leads me to believe you definitely have something derogatory to say about some specific person.

Why do I now believe that? Because YOU BROUGHT IT UP! I said nothing about that. Nothing in my post would lead anyone to think thats where I was going. Read my post again Marian. When you finish read it two more times. I read it 5 times before I posted it. Please refrain from trying to paint me as something I'm not. I'm a sarcastic jackass. I'm not some evil youngster trying to trick you and I don't much appreciate the characterization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
And where does correcting those who love only those who love them exclude loving them????
Its the assumption, based on YOUR OWN WORDS, that those who throw out the "love" word all willy nilly don't love their enemies too. I DIDN'T MAKE THAT ASSUMPTION!! THAT WAS YOUR ASSUMPTION!


My 4th opinion is you are old school. You grew up in a generation that didn't go throwing around the "love" word. I get that. I understand that.

I think your wrong in your assumption that the "love" word isn't meaningful to others today.. just because you feel they are using it in extreme exuberance.

Now we are judging people on whether or not they "really mean it".

Come on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
 
40,053 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
The topic of Christian love is very present on these threads, and very important.
It wouldn't hurt then if you exhibited some instead of chastising others in apparent bitterness. What you call love . . . judging and berating and chastising is NOT love. How on earth can you determine who is expressing love hypocritically? You might enjoy the atmosphere better if you left your mountain top of superiority and purity and joined us down in the valley of love of Jesus and each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
 
2,946 posts, read 4,877,382 times
Reputation: 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
My opinion is really a question.

This really concerns you?

I mean in the grand scheme of things aren't there greater concerns in life?
You could ask this same question for 75% of the post on here. This is just a forum for people to ask questions and concerns they have and get feedback. No one said it had to be a forum to ask only earth shattering or extremely profound questions. If you don`t have anything that you think is substantive to add to a post..why add anything at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Central US
852 posts, read 1,198,780 times
Reputation: 464
Default I am curious

I am curious...some people on this forum seem to never agree with anyone...or if they do then it is only for a post or so and then start the !!!!!!
I feel for the people who are in this state at all times () Are they ever at peace?

I find my peace in the Lord. I am thankful everyday that I can feel that peace at least during part of each day. I pray that others will find it also...

As for the love thing...I don't get it. I don't express my love for others as I should...but I see nothing wrong with those who do. Wish I was a little more like some of them.

Is it just me or is there a lot more animosity on this site than there was a few weeks ago? Maybe I just came to this site during a time of "more peace" and now it is returning to normal. I really don't know as I haven't been here as long as many of you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 10,011,404 times
Reputation: 58210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I am curious...some people on this forum seem to never agree with anyone...or if they do then it is only for a post or so and then start the !!!!!!
I feel for the people who are in this state at all times () Are they ever at peace?

I find my peace in the Lord. I am thankful everyday that I can feel that peace at least during part of each day. I pray that others will find it also...

As for the love thing...I don't get it. I don't express my love for others as I should...but I see nothing wrong with those who do. Wish I was a little more like some of them.

Is it just me or is there a lot more animosity on this site than there was a few weeks ago? Maybe I just came to this site during a time of "more peace" and now it is returning to normal. I really don't know as I haven't been here as long as many of you have.
Hey Sherry~~~the animosity and arguing comes in waves, right now we're experiencing a tidal wave.

If you look at the responses to some of the threads last night and early this morning, you can see that the devil was hard at work....BIG TIME. Being in these last days, we can expect a whole lot more of this "animosity", no matter what the belief is.

How anyone can knock expressing love is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 05:58 AM
 
9,728 posts, read 3,535,436 times
Reputation: 10797
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right. PROVERBS 20:11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,206,482 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You could ask this same question for 75% of the post on here.
Yet I choose this one to respond to didn't I. Why would that be? Could it be I found the premise fascinating as indicated in my three posts prior to your post. I suppose so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This is just a forum for people to ask questions and concerns they have and get feedback.
To which I gave feedback. Quite a bit of feedback. And your feedback concerning the OP is where? I don't see it. Still looking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
No one said it had to be a forum to ask only earth shattering or extremely profound questions
Was I debating that? Was that the premise of my 3-4 posts? Did you read that one line and then decide to respond or did you go ahead and read the rest of my posts which clearly outlined my premise.

Yeah.. I didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If you don`t have anything that you think is substantive to add to a post..why add anything at all?
How about this. Before accusing me of not posting anything substantive to the OP why don't you do the following:

1. Take your own advice as you've added nothing via your post
2. Re-read all my post concerning the orignal post.

Tootles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top