Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:11 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Hey Sherry~~~the animosity and arguing comes in waves, right now we're experiencing a tidal wave.

If you look at the responses to some of the threads last night and early this morning, you can see that the devil was hard at work....BIG TIME. Being in these last days, we can expect a whole lot more of this "animosity", no matter what the belief is.

How anyone can knock expressing love is beyond me.

.......Dotl!!!

It's a full (fool ) Moon.....just something about that moon!!!

Warning:This is a statement....
When one is so hard on themselves they are hard on everyone else!! We project that out to others what we think of ourselves.....and whatever is in our hearts.

Warning: This is scripture....
Jesus said......
Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Warning: The next two paragraphs and on down are a personal statement...
I truly believe people don't see the seriousness of their words to another.... and it is a sad thought!!!
Because whatever we measure out to another, that will be measured back to us.

We need to tell more people we love them.... I like the words and I like hearing them and I LIKE saying it, because when someone is saying it, I know that it is my Lord Jesus prompting that heart to say it to our brother or sister who needs to hear them....It is His perfect timing every time, for that one!!!

What is that song....stop children whats that sound... !!! This song is of the world but how much it can speak to the heart.......

YouTube - For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-09-2009 at 07:29 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 07:31 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
.......Dotl!!!

It's a full (fool ) Moon.....just something about that moon!!!

Warning:This is a statement....
When one is so hard on themselves they are hard on everyone else!! We project that out to others what we think of ourselves.....and whatever is in our hearts.

Warning: This is scripture....
Jesus said......
Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Warning: The next two paragraphs and on down are a personal statement...
I truly believe people don't see the seriousness of their words to another.... and it is a sad!!!
Because whatever we measure out to another, that will be measured back to us.

We need to tell more people we love them.... I like the words and I like hearing them, because when someone is saying it, I know that it is my Lord Jesus prompting that heart to say it to our brother or sister who needs to hear them....It is His perfect timing every time, for that one!!!

What is that song....stop children whats that sound... !!! This song is of the world but how much it can speak to the heart.......

YouTube - For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
Good morning, Curly!!!!!
Thank you for the gold star....I haven't gotten one of those since kindergarten!!! I tried to rep you, but I have to spread the LOVE around. It's pretty bad when we have to warn when we're quoting scripture or when we are simply stating our personal opinions!!!

It must have been a "fool moon" last night!!!

Well I'm gonna give a warning now too:

WARNING: I'm going to use the word "love"

I LOVE you Sister Curly with all my heart!!!!

And as my nephew once said about me.....HERS THE BEST!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
LOL....... I just read this morning, "JESUS LOVES ALL" of us..... and we are to share it with everyone!!! In thought, word, and deed!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Well that's all nice but do you realize that much of the time it is not God prompting a person to say it but someone saying it just to fill the space, because they think they are supposed to say it? It most often has no meaning to the person who says it. As the receiver I can take whatever meaning I want but I would rather have just one heartfelt expression than 100 empty platitudes. It's no different than people on Sunday morning who ask how you are.....do you really think they all care how you are? The appropriate response is usually some vague acknowledgment with little relevant information and of course the 'conversation' concludes with "God Bless You." If they really cared how I was they would do more than ask when our eyes happen to meet one Sunday morning. If people really love you they do more than say so. Love is action, not words or even emotion, it is tangible and demonstrable so much more so than words spoken or written to make a pleasing sound.

Maybe my view is overly harsh today (see full moon theory above) but people inside the church are becoming just as distant and superficial as those outside and all the I love you's and God bless you's and what not doesn't mean much at all anymore...much of the time they are just empty words without being backed up by actions. What's that sound you ask? The sound of a resounding symbol and clanging gong......

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 AM

Contrary to what many may think....I agape everyone!
I do not phileo everyone. There are some here that I phileo, and I'm sure there would be more, if I understood where they are coming from.
It is extremely hard to convey one's feeling on a forum. They are very often misunderstood.
I do it, and I am sure the rest of you do also.
Our own circumstances color our thinking....
We can be hurt by what others have said and done, without them realizing it. Some of us have very isolated lives, and depend on this machine for outside connections.
Some of us need to communicate with others in a friendly way...when we do not have that at home.
Some of us cannot get out and mingle with friends because of our circumstances. Those of us look for friendships here.....

Old 01-09-2009, 08:01 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Well that's all nice but do you realize that much of the time it is not God prompting a person to say it but someone saying it just to fill the space, because they think they are supposed to say it? It most often has no meaning to the person who says it. As the receiver I can take whatever meaning I want but I would rather have just one heartfelt expression than 100 empty platitudes. It's no different than people on Sunday morning who ask how you are.....do you really think they all care how you are? The appropriate response is usually some vague acknowledgment with little relevant information and of course the 'conversation' concludes with "God Bless You." If they really cared how I was they would do more than ask when our eyes happen to meet one Sunday morning. If people really love you they do more than say so. Love is action, not words or even emotion, it is tangible and demonstrable so much more so than words spoken or written to make a pleasing sound.

Maybe my view is overly harsh today (see full moon theory above) but people inside the church are becoming just as distant and superficial as those outside and all the I love you's and God bless you's and what not doesn't mean much at all anymore...much of the time they are just empty words without being backed up by actions. What's that sound you ask? The sound of a resounding symbol and clanging gong......
Yes, some of the "how are you's" and the "I love you's" are superficial, but isn't it still nice to hear? What really hurts me is no acknowledgement whatsoever. I've been to churches when no one said a WORD to me.

"How are you" is just a pleasantry most of the time, simply because we don't know what else to say. But at least SOMETHING is said. When I tell someone I love them, I MEAN IT. I am not one to say the word "love" much, as I'm not the "warm and fuzzy" type, but like Marian said it's agape love. We are always going to feel more affection towards certain people more so than others.

Pleasantries are good......silence and snotty looks are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I do not phileo everyone. There are some here that I phileo, and I'm sure there would be more, if I understood where they are coming from.
It is extremely hard to convey one's feeling on a forum. They are very often misunderstood.
We can be hurt by what others have said and done, without them realizing it. Some of us have very isolated lives, and depend on this machine for outside connections.
Some of us need to communicate with others in a friendly way...when we do not have that at home.
Some of us cannot get out and mingle with friends because of our circumstances. Those of us look for friendships here.....
Now THIS is the Marian I would like to see more of.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:12 AM

852 posts, read 1,364,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post

Marian,
Such a nice feeling post...Love it when you talk like this...shear open honesty. I think we take it that when you type all the !!!! that, most of the time, you are upset...maybe this is not the case. I feel for you everytime I see you in this state...sincerely. I wonder what others do to upset you like this. You have posted such nice posts today that I wonder if you are even the same person. I like this person. We can discuss scripture on a calm basis...I know this as we do it in church all the time....and I have seen it done here. I know that I have my opinions however; I feel God would not want me to be angry with others who are misguided or do not think like I do. I know that I learn more by reading posts that are not angry...if they are angry then my attention goes to this instead of what they are writing.

I have never meant to hurt you and would like very much to be your friend. I value the things you have to say when they do not sound like you are upset. When you get upset it sounds like you are saying "If you don't believe like me then you then I wonder about your salvation." I'm probably wrong and this is not your thinking at all....as you said it is very hard to get what you are thinking across on this board.

So nice to see you Marian,
Sherry

Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Yes, some of the "how are you's" and the "I love you's" are superficial, but isn't it still nice to hear? What really hurts me is no acknowledgement whatsoever. I've been to churches when no one said a WORD to me.

"How are you" is just a pleasantry most of the time, simply because we don't know what else to say. But at least SOMETHING is said. When I tell someone I love them, I MEAN IT. I am not one to say the word "love" much, as I'm not the "warm and fuzzy" type, but like Marian said it's agape love. We are always going to feel more affection towards certain people more so than others.

Pleasantries are good......silence and snotty looks are not.

Maybe I am over the niceties and pleasantries. I'm looking for more. I'm expecting more from the church because I can get at least that much from the world. I also have more to offer and when you offer more and it falls on deaf ears what is the point? No, I don't ask someone how they are if I don't really want to know, I'd just say Good Morning instead. I'd rather you just say Good Morning too if you really aren't interested in more (not that I would fill your ear anyway). I'd rather have silence than pleasantries, at least the former is sincere, but I am more about actions than words and always have been.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Maybe I am over the niceties and pleasantries. I'm looking for more. I'm expecting more from the church because I can get at least that much from the world. I also have more to offer and when you offer more and it falls on deaf ears what is the point? No, I don't ask someone how they are if I don't really want to know, I'd just say Good Morning instead. I'd rather you just say Good Morning too if you really aren't interested in more (not that I would fill your ear anyway). I'd rather have silence than pleasantries, at least the former is sincere, but I am more about actions than words and always have been.
Yes!! I am more about "Good mornings" and a nice hug myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity