U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,923,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
baby Christian??? I don't even use that term.
Quote:
I question your salvation
Quote:
you are going to hell.
Quote:
You are a postmodern Christian who believes everyone has their own truth and
Thank you for making my point
Quote:
when people like me claim to have the ONE truth then you attack us by calling us "sanctimonious", "judgmental".
No, we only call you "sanctimonious", "judgmental" when that is what you come across as. Of course, when people like you "claim to have the ONE truth" real Christians tend to laugh out loud............
Quote:
Have I ever told you, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL?
Yes.....but then you were ignorant and didn't know any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,730,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Thank you for making my point

No, we only call you "sanctimonious", "judgmental" when that is what you come across as. Of course, when people like you "claim to have the ONE truth" real Christians tend to laugh out loud............
The gospel is offensive and the only truth. "Real" Christians would never laugh at that and to be blunt, that is just not a very intelligent thing to say nor biblical.

Quote:
Yes.....but then you were ignorant and didn't know any better.
THAT IS NOT TRUE! show me where I said, you are going to hell? because if you can then I will apologize (no implying- must be in that context, that I judged your salvation and said, you are going to hell) I don't want to call you a liar but.............. You accuse me of calling you names? you have done nothing but called me names.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,035,017 times
As I said earlier and I will repeat, the Pharasees got a bad rapp for a few power hungry idiots.

Today, with the liberalization of Christianity, true Christians get a bad rapp for a few power hungry idiots.

Fundy makes alot of good points and is willing to openly admitt whan he is being harsh, but he does back up what he has to say with scripture. So whether you think he is being legalistic or judgemental he is in fact sharing what our Lord has already shared with us and bringing into rememberance what that is.

So I will put my buck 99 in, inflation you know?

I will share anything that is in the word to help another grow and think. If what I say is harsh and seem like something that would push someone away from Christ, that is impossible. We share the truth, we plant the seed, and Christ chooses how to make it grow. Now if we share lies and say they are from scripture then we sew a seed for the evil one and he will make it grow. We must always be willing to back up what we say with scripture. I have been accused of still suckling milk while others are eating meat, pretty good insult but I let them believe what they like because usually the ones doing such insulting are the very ones promoting lies and claiming they are sharing scripture or are bold enough to deny scripture. I will be satisfied to suckle milk till the day the Lord calls me home rather than deny the truth of scripture for that which may tickle my ears.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
As I said earlier and I will repeat, the Pharasees got a bad rapp for a few power hungry idiots.

Today, with the liberalization of Christianity, true Christians get a bad rapp for a few power hungry idiots.

Fundy makes alot of good points and is willing to openly admitt whan he is being harsh, but he does back up what he has to say with scripture. So whether you think he is being legalistic or judgemental he is in fact sharing what our Lord has already shared with us and bringing into rememberance what that is.

So I will put my buck 99 in, inflation you know?

I will share anything that is in the word to help another grow and think. If what I say is harsh and seem like something that would push someone away from Christ, that is impossible. We share the truth, we plant the seed, and Christ chooses how to make it grow. Now if we share lies and say they are from scripture then we sew a seed for the evil one and he will make it grow. We must always be willing to back up what we say with scripture. I have been accused of still suckling milk while others are eating meat, pretty good insult but I let them believe what they like because usually the ones doing such insulting are the very ones promoting lies and claiming they are sharing scripture or are bold enough to deny scripture. I will be satisfied to suckle milk till the day the Lord calls me home rather than deny the truth of scripture for that which may tickle my ears.
I thank God everyday that there are people that can see the truth. It is a blessing beyond words.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,903,727 times
I have witnessed with my own eyes harsh truth givers push people I love away from Christ. The message stands alone...the way it is presented can cause problems. My own mother... MY MOTHER.

It matters.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I have witnessed with my own eyes harsh truth givers push people I love away from Christ. The message stands alone...the way it is presented can cause problems. My own mother... MY MOTHER.

It matters.
I totally agree. We must approach in love and understanding because after all we were them. Our job is to just relay the message in a loving way, it is God who does the converting.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,668,400 times
Quote:
We must approach in love and understanding because after all we were them.
we ARE them...

"God, be merciful to me a sinner"

Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
we ARE them...

"God, be merciful to me a sinner"
I agree but I meant that they are blind. I was a liberal and blind to the truth. I use to read the bible but I avoided anything Paul wrote, little did I know that he wrote most of the New Testament but Paul and Peter scared me. I did not like that Christianity, was to exclusive, hard, and offensive.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM

13,577 posts, read 21,742,479 times
I agree with cg..We are them..None of us are without sin.
Many sins..There are no small sins, no big sins, sin is sin...The only difference is that we are cleansed by the blood, not meaning that we can go on sinning without any worry, but that we have an atonement for our sins through prayer, repentance, and the grace of God..
I can only plant a seed, that is my job..I have found that a seed planted gently and lovingly is more apt to sprout and grow without much interference from me unless I am asked for help in understanding..Then I take them to the scripture and advise them to pray for the Holy Spirits guidance and understanding, not mine..Just my opinion...

Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM

40,193 posts, read 26,820,188 times
Quote:
I thank God everyday that there are people that can see the truth. It is a blessing beyond words.
I pray every day that the self-righteousness and certainty in such primitive concepts (milk) will be overcome by reason and intelligence and love and acceptance (meat) that are the REAL qualities of Jesus and our God . . . not primitive judgmentalism, vengeance and punishment. There are always CONSEQUENCES for failure and foolishness but that does not mean they are "punishments." . . . Failure does not preclude eventual reconciliation (success) . . . though the intervening period is unlikely to be pleasant (weeping and gnashing of teeth?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or