Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Now I am not only not Christian . . . I am of Satan? What's next . . . burning at the stake? As long as you believe in Jesus and you direct your life according to his example you will have no quarrel with this "spokesman of Satan" . . . regardless WHY you do so. How have I tried to lead anyone away from the truth of God or Jesus, Robin? I have only chastened you to stop judging and condemning others for not being Christians and not believing in Jesus CORRECTLY . . . according to YOU . . and pretending it is tough love! You are more apt to be leading many away from God and the truth by your attitude and behavior toward others . . . be careful what you accuse others of . . . it has a habit of backfiring. Judge by the fruits . . . not the intent . . . the road to hell is paved . . .
Mystic have you repented and surrendered to Christ?

No that's pragmatism and very dangerous in Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 03:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,810,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
It did that to me about 80 posts ago!
I apologize to both you and Stirringwaters for my part.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,159,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Oh, Robin...that's kind of you. I just hurt reading brothers at each others' throats without end. Questioning salvation. Has anyone prayed about anyone else? Asked God for some settlement in the matter? Peace of mind, maybe? Something? I've been where you all are...I feel for you. That's all. I shouldn't have said anything... I'm sorry for that.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Oh, Robin...that's kind of you. I just hurt reading brothers at each others' throats without end. Questioning salvation. Has anyone prayed about anyone else? Asked God for some settlement in the matter? Peace of mind, maybe? Something? I've been where you all are...I feel for you. That's all. I shouldn't have said anything... I'm sorry for that.
Stirringwaters, I pray for Mystic and Goodpasture every night that the Holy Spirit will convict them and follow the straight and narrow path that you so delicately walk.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,523,319 times
Quote:
Actually Robin, it isn't your posts that are disturbing me.

It is mostly Mystic's and Goodpastures....and their apparent dislike of the inspired scriptures. I feel that 'discussing' with them is like beating a dead horse!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Stirringwaters, I pray for Mystic and Goodpasture every night that the Holy Spirit will convict them and follow the straight and narrow path that you so delicately walk.
That's not what I meant... I meant do you pray that the Lord will lead you... That He would let you know where others stand with Him. You could be praying for something they already know, have, etc. Sometimes we need to ask if we're looking at someone wrong. I've done it...been severely wrong... I try not to do that anymore, although I do fail miserably sometimes. lol

Old 01-14-2009, 03:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,810,765 times
I thank both of you and I believe I can speak for Fundy when I say we have been praying constantly not only for our seeming adverseries but for our own guidance and the guidance for all seeking the true path.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:04 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,538,786 times
Quote:
Actually Robin, it isn't your posts that are disturbing me.

It is mostly Mystic's and Goodpastures....and their apparent dislike of the inspired scriptures. I feel that 'discussing' with them is like beating a dead horse!
I agree Marian...I think Fundamentalist, RobinD69 and DOTL are 'right on'. They speak the truth.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
You can keep repeating that I dislike the INSPIRED (NOT dictated!) scripures all you like . . . but it is WRONG. I do NOT dislike scripture . . . I dislike YOUR reading and interpretations of them FOR ME and MY relationsjhip with Jesus. As long as they work for YOU to build YOUR relationship and live in Christ . . . I am OK with that. We do not need to agree with each other to love and live in Christ (as long as that translates into actual loving attitudes and "works" . . . not just "lip service.") You can continue to see the scriptures as DICTATED . . . I see them as INSPIRED and recorded by very ignorant and barely civilized humans.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I thank both of you and I believe I can speak for Fundy when I say we have been praying constantly not only for our seeming adverseries but for our own guidance and the guidance for all seeking the true path.
I am so glad to hear that!

I am not taking any sides here...I feel for all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity