U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,213,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Fair enough. I believe children, mentally handicapped, even the mentally ill do not qualify for the program of salvation.
In scripture when King David's child died, he was totally convinced that he would see his child in heaven.
(2 Samuel 12:23) "23 But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.
I appreciate your honesty in recognizing that not all beliefs are "scripturally based" and are not only left up to interpretation but also imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Infants are pure and innocent until they become capable of recognizing sin.
Scripture?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,637,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Scripture?
The soul that sins, it shall die.
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.

How does an infant sin??

How can an infant believe, and/or confess their belief?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The soul that sins, it shall die.
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.

How does an infant sin??

How can an infant believe, and/or confess their belief?
Newborns craving little individuals. They do so out of their own need not out of the need of the lord. Right? Essentially babies are self centered little things. Loveable huggable self centered whiny cravealicoius little creatures. They crave survival over everything.

Is that not sinful?

Are you saying that since they don't know its sinful then they get a pass?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:24 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,637,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Newborns craving little individuals. They do so out of their own need not out of the need of the lord. Right? Essentially babies are self centered little things. Loveable huggable self centered whiny cravealicoius little creatures. They crave survival over everything.

Is that not sinful?

Are you saying that since they don't know its sinful then they get a pass?

You are jesting...I hope ????

Old 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
You are jesting...I hope ????
So you don't agree that craving earthly desires over godly desires is wrong? I mean thats all they care about. Nothing else.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 PM

40,196 posts, read 26,820,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That's assuming we have a choice. We are carnal by nature thus we want nothing to do with God, we have no desire for Him so how can we go 180 degrees? It is the Holy Spirit that regenerates us. I believe if the gift is given and we receive, not accept it we will automatically benefit from it. If we didn't then that proves we never received the gift. We are bought with a price, the Holy Spirit dwells in us now and we must feed the soul because we hunger spiritually. It is one of the fruits

(John 1:12)
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
IT gives you the power to become . . . it doesn't grant it upon acceptance and belief.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,903,727 times
It's a God-given journey. From the milk to the meat...simply amazing.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 PM

3,270 posts, read 5,280,479 times
Quote:
Infants are not "born in sin" !!! Infants are pure and innocent until they become capable of recognizing sin.
That's not actually accurate. We are born into sin because of our sinful nature. You don't have to teach children to be selfish or how to lie or what ever. That's part of what we are born with. We have to be taught not to be selfish by telling children to share, we have to teach them that lying isn't a good t hing to do when children lie, and we learn how to be good from our parents and or the Bible if you study it.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,187,490 times
Quote:
Infants are not "born in sin" !!! Infants are pure and innocent until they become capable of recognizing sin.
not according to scripture:
Psalm 51:5
"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Everybody is sinful from the time of conception. That is why Jesus said "flesh gives birth to flesh" Marianmark, you were sinful because your parent are\were from birth, and your grandparents were\are and so on and so on till Noah, then from his grandparents till Adam and Eve.

You ask....
"How can an infant believe, and/or confess their belief?" My answer is question- faith..is it a gift from God or a decision from Man?

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

We are told that John the Baptist rejoiced upon hearing the name of Jesus while yet in the womb. Why the rejoicing if you have no sin for a savior?

If you make coming to faith a work, then it would be logical for babies to be sinless...logical but not scriptural.
Besides, a wage is something earned....and the wages of sin is death. Babies die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity