U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I am afraid I cannot agree with you. Unless the Holy Spirit was with me from the time I was a small child, according to your theory, I could not have been seeking God at that time. I have known there was a God ever since I was small. I have hungered after the word of God long before I obeyed the gospel. But I was not saved until I obeyed the gospel.
Let's consider why God's children refuse Christ in their carnal state. They do not receive Him because they are still unregenerate. By nature you and I are unregenerate; that means we are spiritually dead. The carnal mind cannot receive the things of God.

(Romans 8:6)
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Infants are not "born in sin" !!! Infants are pure and innocent until they become capable of recognizing sin.
And when is that? The first two words babies learn are "No" and "MINE". Do you need to teach a baby to behave bad? We are sinful by nature

(Psalm 51:5) "5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

(Romans 5:12- )
"12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death
..."

Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,627,772 times
Whatever!!!

I will continue to maintain that infants and little children are not accountable until, or unless, they reach the age when they realize that they are capable of sinning.

"Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven".
Such are those who are inocent, pure, and trusting, and forgiving.

What a sad world we live in, that think little children are sinners!!!

Yes, little children can do, and do, things that seem mean and selfish to our knowledge, but they do not understand that it is mean, or selfish.

Yes...sin came upon all mankind, but that sin was the sin of disbelief that led to man's spiritual death, and physical death. It did not lead to little child being sinful.

You can find scriptures that back up any thing that you want to prove, but they have to be taken with all other scriptures on the subject.

Perhaps someone can look up more scriptures on the innocence of little children????

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Whatever!!!

I will continue to maintain that infants and little children are not accountable until, or unless, they reach the age when they realize that they are capable of sinning.

"Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven".
Such are those who are inocent, pure, and trusting, and forgiving.

What a sad world we live in, that think little children are sinners!!!

Yes, little children can do, and do, things that seem mean and selfish to our knowledge, but they do not understand that it is mean, or selfish.

Yes...sin came upon all mankind, but that sin was the sin of disbelief that led to man's spiritual death, and physical death. It did not lead to little child being sinful.

You can find scriptures that back up any thing that you want to prove, but they have to be taken with all other scriptures on the subject.

Perhaps someone can look up more scriptures on the innocence of little children????

Believe what you want, doesn't make it true.
Those verses you gave doesn't prove that babies are born sinless.

Millard Erickson
“There is a position [view] that...preserves the parallelism between our accepting the work of Christ and that of Adam [Romans 5:12-21], and at the same time it more clearly points out our responsibility for the first sin. We become responsible and guilty when we accept or approve of our corrupt nature. There is a time in the life of each one of us when we become aware of our own tendency toward sin. At that point we may abhor the sinful nature that has been there all the time...and repent of it. At the very least there would be a rejection of our sinful makeup. But if we acquiesce in that sinful nature, we are in effect saying that it is good. In placing our tacit approval upon the corruption, we are also approving or concurring in the action in the Garden of Eden so long ago. We become guilty of that sin without having to commit a sin of our own.”

Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM

852 posts, read 1,198,693 times
Default Born in Sin

I believe all are born in sin...however, according to what I've heard and believe they are not accountable until they are of an age in which they know they are sinning...and can come to the understanding that Jeses died on the cross for our sins.

can't back it up with scripture but I believe it is there if someone would like to look.

therefore I believe all babies are in heaven.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I believe all are born in sin...however, according to what I've heard and believe they are not accountable until they are of an age in which they know they are sinning...and can come to the understanding that Jeses died on the cross for our sins.

can't back it up with scripture but I believe it is there if someone would like to look.

I'll 'buy' that

Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post

Quote:
I'll 'buy' that
If you believe that we are ALL born in sin, then you believe we are ALL sinner including babies?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If you believe that we are ALL born in sin, then you believe we are ALL sinner including babies?

Couldn't it be that " born in sin" and being "a sinner" are two differant things????

Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Default born in sin and being a sinner

Yes, I believe they are different...as I said before I believe all are born in sin. However, until reaching the age of accountability then what they do cannot be called sinning...as they do not know what sinning is. Their "sins" are not done out of a will to dishonor God's rules.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 AM

Default remember scriptures?

Remember the scriptures that say "all should be like little children?" Don't know exactly where it is...this is one of the things I hope to gain...the ability to quote scripture at the spur of the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity