U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:33 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,729,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
So you believe as the evolutionists do that eventually our sun will one day burn out ??? Does'nt Almighty God, who created it have the ability to keep it sustained for eternity if he so sees fit ??? Hmmmmm

The Earth can be used in a figurative way as well. It's not always a literal Earth. Take a look at this familiar scripture:
Genisis 11:1 - "American Standard Version"
Obviously we know that the literal Earth does'nt speak or talk. However, it is used here to describe the situation then of the people who built the tower of Babel and refused to follow the command of spreading across the Earth and populate it.

Well let's see how Revelation defines the "Sea" elsewhere.
Revelation 17:1 , 15 - "Today's New International Version"
Even the wild beast of Revelation ascends out of the sea. Seems like the sea is the restless agitated sea of humanity , but in particular those alienated from God or ungodly mankind. This agrees with the statements at
Isaiah 57:20 & 17:12-13 - "Today's New Internation Version"
I use to work for a property management company. The biggest problem we had with tenants was that the people who the company rented to had ZERO respect for our property. To remedy the situation, we did'nt burn down own houses, trailers or apartments, we simply evicted the tenants. The same is true of our planet Earth. There is nothing wrong with it. However, mankind has mismanage it environmentally , socially and morally. They are the SEA that has to be evicted or removed. God's purpose in creating the earth and mankind on it was not simply to test everyone and if they were obedient they go to heaven and if they were disobedient they go to Hellfire. Adam and Eve were simply given a command not to eat of one specific tree. If they did they would simply die and that they did. Had they been obedient, they would have kept living where God had purposed man to be all along. Of couse history would have been different and we would be having this discussion. We don't need a new earth. Notice here after reminding listeners of the example of ungodly mankind who were destroyed in the flood of Noah's day, Peter make the similiar comparison again. The apostle Peter said this:
1 Peter 3;7 - "Today's New International Version"
So it's the ungodly element of mankind who get evicted from the earth. This is also in harmony with another scripture i often have jokingly used for the so-called Rapture.
Proverbs 2:21-22
Seriously Richio, i don't wish or hope for you to be "Raptured".

Come on, let's WRAP him instead in "brotherly" LOVE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 AM

777 posts, read 1,277,017 times
Quote:
[b]So you believe as the evolutionists do that eventually our sun will one day burn out ??? Does'nt Almighty God, who created it have the ability to keep it sustained for eternity if he so sees fit ??? Hmmmmm
I didn't say anything about evolution, not do I accept macro-evolution, but I do have a BA in science education.

I won't contend with your interpretation of things, you have every right.

However, as in the last time I answered one of your questions, I will once again remind you that I have presented no venom toward you.
Yet you subject me to yours.
Quote:
So it's the ungodly element of mankind who get evicted from the earth. This is also in harmony with another scripture i often have jokingly used for the so-called Rapture.
Proverbs 2:21-22
Seriously Richio, i don't wish or hope for you to be "Raptured".
While I don't believe in the rapture, that's not very nice to say at all.
Whether we go before the tribulation or near the end, I hope God always keeps you safe in the palm of His hand.

Richio

Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,892,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
I didn't say anything about evolution, not do I accept macro-evolution, but I do have a BA in science education.

I won't contend with your interpretation of things, you have every right.

However, as in the last time I answered one of your questions, I will once again remind you that I have presented no venom toward you.
Yet you subject me to yours.So when someone has a different understanding than you, it's venom ???

While I don't believe in the rapture, that's not very nice to say at all.
Whether we go before the tribulation or near the end, I hope God always keeps you safe in the palm of His hand.

Richio
Interesting

I don't understand what all the venom thing is about. And I still don't want to see anyone "Raptured" (or torn away 'removed' from the Earth) , so I don't see the issue. Maybe it's an Arizona rattlesnake thing

Whatever

Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Interesting

I don't understand what all the venom thing is about. And I still don't want to see anyone "Raptured" (or torn away 'removed' from the Earth) , so I don't see the issue. Maybe it's an Arizona rattlesnake thing

Whatever
It seemed to me that you were wishing that I get "left behind" as in not entering the kingdom of heaven, but to be left with the destination of sinners.

My error.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
It seemed to me that you were wishing that I get "left behind" as in not entering the kingdom of heaven, but to be left with the destination of sinners.

My error.
Of course, what possible sick motivation would there be for that ??? I don't even know you for you to be some kind of enemy.

Besides I miss Arizona

If there were such a thing as Hell , then it's FRIDGID and I'm living in it !!!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:15 AM

Almost forgot: Go Cardinals !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately there's the online NFL network

Old 01-25-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio
Before I came to this "concept" (not that I can grasp it), I used to ponder the reason why the souls in heaven should need resurrection bodies.
They are already with the Lord, who could need anything else?
But then again, why should God have created the physical experience in the first place?
I don’t know, but it seems to me to be some sort of completeness of existence for all things created.
[b]God's purpose in creating the earth and mankind on it was not simply to test everyone and if they were obedient they go to heaven and if they were disobedient they go to Hellfire. Adam and Eve were simply given a command not to eat of one specific tree. If they did they would simply die and that they did. Had they been obedient, they would have kept living where God had purposed man to be all along. Of couse history would have been different and we would be having this discussion.
BTW: I wasn't talking about God's purpose for mankind, but His purpose in creating physical existence.
God is Spirit and He has always been, but at some point He decided to bring the physical dimension into being. At least that's my opinion.

Certainly, it would have been with an eye to setting the stage for all that has happened since, but I was speaking of the reason why we exist in the physical as opposed to the spiritual - totally apart from any theological reasons.

Why matter is matter, rather than just "spiritual matter".

Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:

BTW: I wasn't talking about God's purpose for mankind, but His purpose in creating physical existence.
God is Spirit and He has always been, but at some point He decided to bring the physical dimension into being. At least that's my opinion.
You are correct. There must have been ions of time where God must have contemplated what he would do with his abilities. Although it's almost mind boggling to fathom no beginning. Even as i say it, I still can't However the first creation wwas Spirit persons such as exist in heavens or spirit realm. Who can say what time frame that was, but perhaps billions of years ago. Then of course there came the universe, which was billions of years ago. The opening verse of Genisis 1:1 actually allows for the billions or longer for our universe, because no time fram is given. When the account actually get's into the creative periods, the universe and the earth itself already existed. Anyway I don't want to get off topic.

Just interesting anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio
Certainly, it would have been with an eye to setting the stage for all that has happened since, but I was speaking of the reason why we exist in the physical as opposed to the spiritual - totally apart from any theological reasons.

Why matter is matter, rather than just "spiritual matter".
The interesting thing about matter is that it all comes from energy. Some of it is more condensely compact then other matter, but still energy. Look at the way Atoms and molecules are thought to be constructed. Atoms especially are what we believe to be the smallest of particles when we are breaking things down. Their structure is believed to be composed of protons and neutrons, surrounded by orbiting electrons. I can only describe those pictures in science books as a minature solar system of energy. The only difference would be the hydrogen atom with one rotating electron. I'm simply fascinated by the vortex action built up all the way from the tiniest atom to big things in nature and even the universe itself. But I already have that in another forum section and most seemed to be basically uninterested, so I stopped posting about it.

Again just Interesting.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You are correct. There must have been ions of time where God must have contemplated what he would do with his abilities. Although it's almost mind boggling to fathom no beginning. Even as i say it, I still can't However the first creation wwas Spirit persons such as exist in heavens or spirit realm. Who can say what time frame that was, but perhaps billions of years ago. Then of course there came the universe, which was billions of years ago. The opening verse of Genisis 1:1 actually allows for the billions or longer for our universe, because no time fram is given. When the account actually get's into the creative periods, the universe and the earth itself already existed. Anyway I don't want to get off topic.

Just interesting anyway

The interesting thing about matter is that it all comes from energy. Some of it is more condensely compact then other matter, but still energy. Look at the way Atoms and molecules are thought to be constructed. Atoms especially are what we believe to be the smallest of particles when we are breaking things down. Their structure is believed to be composed of protons and neutrons, surrounded by orbiting electrons. I can only describe those pictures in science books as a minature solar system of energy. The only difference would be the hydrogen atom with one rotating electron. I'm simply fascinated by the vortex action built up all the way from the tiniest atom to big things in nature and even the universe itself. But I already have that in another forum section and most seemed to be basically uninterested, so I stopped posting about it.

Again just Interesting.
It is fascinating - at least to me.
Everything seems to be in some sort of orbit - even on the atomic level.

In thinking about the "end of the world" (the OP), we're actually contemplating the end of the universe.
To get an idea of the size of the universe and a glimpse into the awesome power of God, I located this video which I'd seen years ago.

It's called The Powers of Ten.

YouTube - Powers Of 10

Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
It is fascinating - at least to me.
Everything seems to be in some sort of orbit - even on the atomic level.

In thinking about the "end of the world" (the OP), we're actually contemplating the end of the universe.
To get an idea of the size of the universe and a glimpse into the awesome power of God, I located this video which I'd seen years ago.

It's called The Powers of Ten.

YouTube - Powers Of 10
Here's another fascinating statistics link I found this morning. Reminds one of Matthew the 24th Chapter. I'm sure it'll draw the FLAMES of self-righteous indignation from some.

Still it is interesting: http://www.thehorizonproject.com/earthquakes.cfm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or