U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:51 AM

322 posts, read 657,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I'll tell you there are some pretty blabbermouth men at the pulpit. Blah Blah Blah Blah
Generally speaking, I would agree with that statement. In fact, I would go as far to say that until I get the beam out of my own eye, I have no right to try and get the speck out of my brother or sisters eye.

Oh LORD have mercy on me.
Correct me. Free me from hypocracy,
That I may see and not cause others
To stumble.

Oh LORD please help all us men
in the Church to repent. We cause our
sisters to stumble. We point at the speck
in their eye and we don't even see
that aweful beam in our own eye.

You have called us to be leaders,
At home and at the Church meetings.
Yet we do not see clearly all our duties,
Though we have been quick to tell
Your lady saints about their duties.
Please forgive us dear LORD.

Please pray for us, dear lady saints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:22 AM

322 posts, read 657,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Why are you refusing the authority of the Old Testament to establish doctrine on this issue when you correctly use 2Timothy 3:16 for other matters?

Ahem! Please pay attention to the word of God.

2 Chr 34:20-35:1

20 "And the king commanded Hilkiah [The High Priest], and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Abdon the son of Micah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah a servant of the king's, saying,

21 Go, inquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book.

22 And Hilkiah [The High Priest], and they that the king had appointed, WENT TO HULDAH THE PROPHETESS, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvath, the son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college and they spake to her to that effect.

23 And she answered them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Tell ye the man that sent you to me,

24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the curses that are written in the book which they have read before the king of Judah: ..."

1. HULDAH taught men what the Lord had to say.
2. Now, you also have been taught by a woman.

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
www.freetruth.info
I have already stated that women may serve as a prophetess. But there is a time, a place, and a right atittude for all things. This woman was delivering a message from GOD. She was functioning according to the gift and calling from GOD. She was not teaching men. She was functioning as a messenger of the LORD. She was not with the attitude of challenging the authority of her husband, or the men leaders of Israel. She was not standing before the general assembly of Israel and exercising authority over the priest and elders.

There is a vast difference in a women trying to be an elder or overseer of a Church, and one who submits to GOD and recognizes His order of authority in the Church, the family, and society in general.

While this all may seem like a parodox, it would be understood when we obey GOD. When a man or a women humbles themself before GOD, He will lift them up.

I'm sure I need to grow in love towards women. I'm sure I need a more pure attitude of heart. But it will not help the Church to violate even one commandment of our LORD.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:26 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Why are you refusing the authority of the Old Testament to establish doctrine on this issue when you correctly use 2Timothy 3:16 for other matters?

Ahem! Please pay attention to the word of God.

2 Chr 34:20-35:1

20 "And the king commanded Hilkiah [The High Priest], and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Abdon the son of Micah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah a servant of the king's, saying,

21 Go, inquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book.

22 And Hilkiah [The High Priest], and they that the king had appointed, WENT TO HULDAH THE PROPHETESS, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvath, the son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college and they spake to her to that effect.

23 And she answered them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Tell ye the man that sent you to me,

24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the curses that are written in the book which they have read before the king of Judah: ..."

1. HULDAH taught men what the Lord had to say.
2. Now, you also have been taught by a woman.

Donna Kupp

www.freetruth.info

2 Timothy 3:16 That is very true! so what are we going to do with, The bible says, to stone your daughters? we must put this is the proper context. We must remember that the Bible was written by approximately 40 different authors over a period of around 1500 years. Each writer wrote with a different style, from a different perspective, to a different audience, for a different purpose.The church was created, structured in the New Testament and the Apostle Paul and others left us instructions. Who am I to question their decisions, thought process? It is simply the way God designed the church to function.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-14-2009 at 07:35 AM..

Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,628,382 times
I have no problem with women's place in the assembly of the saints. I completely agree with the scriptures on the matter. A woman does not belong in the place of preaching and teaching men in the worship services.
Some congregations even deny them the privilege of speaking in classes...I believe that is going too far, but I would refrain from doing so if I knew it offended any of the men there.

( BTW, writing a sentence in 'bold' is not 'yelling' ! Writing all in caps is considered 'shouting' !) Bolding is for emphasis !

Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 229,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundamentalist View Post
these were the cultural laws for the jews at that time, women were to have long hair and men to have short hair. Incidently jesus had short hair. That does not apply to us.

jesus was to be raised as a nazarene.
Matthew 2:23,
i believe that jesus had long hair.
Read judges 13:5..........

Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 229,115 times
Default God is the same forever

God is the same yesterday ,today ,and forever....

1 corinthians 14:34-35,1 timothy 9:15,

the word of god does not change, also after christ came as in the new testament things that were done once were no longer accepted, so we are under the new law, but we can not forget the old testament either ,for example the ten commandments....................

Old 01-14-2009, 02:51 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
God is the same yesterday ,today ,and forever....
But flawed human understanding of God is NOT!
Quote:
1 corinthians 14:34-35,1 timothy 9:15,
the word of god does not change, also after christ came as in the new testament things that were done once were no longer accepted, so we are under the new law, but we can not forget the old testament either ,for example the ten commandments....................
. . . and stonings and sacrifices and . . . what? Clarify.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,716,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But flawed human understanding of God is NOT! . . . and stonings and sacrifices and . . . what? Clarify.
I am curious, are you not human? so how do you understand the bible and we don't? Couldn't you be wrong? or do believe that the bible is some kind of guide book in whatever era you live?

Old 01-14-2009, 04:26 PM

40,056 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am curious, are you not human? so how do you understand the bible and we don't? Couldn't you be wrong? or do believe that the bible is some kind of guide book in whatever era you live?
Knowledge and understanding EVOLVES, Fundy . . . like it or not. You are free to think and understand as a 1st century mind . . . as long as it leads you to Christ . . . but WHY do you insist on forcing everyone else to do so to come to Christ?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:36 PM

302 posts, read 476,824 times
Default A Woman With Her Husband Teaching A Man

I am a woman and post teaching articles on this forum with the understanding that newsgroups are NOT a church. There is no pastor or elder to supplant; the moderator is the one with authority here!

On a personal level, I am subject to my husband and write and post under his authority. My posts are always in agreement with Harold's views --and many of them are reproductions of his work.

In the New Testament, here is an example of a woman, with her husband, teaching a man:

"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and **Priscilla** had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly." Acts 18:26 (KJV)

In a church setting, I would be under the authority of my husband who would be in agreement with godly elders. (A preacher or elder who does not obey The Ten Commandments has never been sent by God and is either deceived or a deceiver)

We have examples of women prophesying under both covenants. I ask you: how can a woman, or a man, prophesy in silence? Or, if women must always be silent, why were women instructed to prophesy with their head covered?

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven." 1 Cor 11:5 (KJV)

It is not a safe practice to establish doctrines on a few verses that are difficult to understand because they refer to customs from antiquity. Doctrine must be established by the Old Testament Scriptures. Paul could have only been referring to the Old Testament when he said: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16 (KJV)

In the Old Testament, I have the example of Deborah and Huldah. So friends, I just go about my business and let other people either accuse or excuse me.

Donna Kupp

freetruth.info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity