U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,630,965 times

Advertisements

"In a church setting, I would be under the authority of my husband who would be in agreement with godly elders. (A preacher or elder who does not obey The Ten Commandments has never been sent by God and is either deceived or a deceiver)"

The part I bolded is false teaching. Under the new covenant it is the doctrine of Christ and the apostles that we are to obey, not the Old Testament laws. The teaching of keeping the Sabbath is not under the new covenant, and that is what you are referring to.....

You have every right to observe the seventh day, if you chose, but you have no right to make such a blanket statement. You have inserted your doctrine in a thread where it is off topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 PM

4,510 posts, read 4,116,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
So in essence you are telling God that He is wrong and He doesn't know what He is doing? You are suiting your own needs, the question still remains, is it biblical? If the bible said, that men should not be preaching then I would be against men preaching. The bible is clear who they want as leaders of spiritual authority. We must adhere to the words of the bible no matter how we feel or we will run into the trouble of creating the bible to suit our own lifestyle, ideals.
Where exactly in the Bible again, does it say that a woman cannot teach?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,274,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What does the bible say? You find me a verse that allows women preachers and I will agree with you. I have heard excellent homosexual preachers as well. Did God call them as well?
Fundamentalist. God will use anyone to teach, preach, and spread His Word. Look at Rahab, a prostitute, used by God in Joshua Chapter 2.
That was my last weeks Sunday School lesson and I became instantly convicted knowing that God can and will use anyone regardless of his or her background. We gotta get out of this so called judgemental self righteous bias against people that we deem are not worthy to serve God and or do His business of spreading the gospel. That's not for anyone of us to judge or condemn. Let God do that.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 AM

309 posts, read 446,184 times
If we only live by what is under the New Testament then why care about the Ten Commandments since they were established in the Old Testament. So are you saying that anything created in the OT we dont have to obey?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,732,395 times
Post i see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
I am a woman and post teaching articles on this forum with the understanding that newsgroups are NOT a church. There is no pastor or elder to supplant; the moderator is the one with authority here!

On a personal level, I am subject to my husband and write and post under his authority. My posts are always in agreement with Harold's views --and many of them are reproductions of his work.

In the New Testament, here is an example of a woman, with her husband, teaching a man:

"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and **Priscilla** had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly." Acts 18:26 (KJV)

Thank you, Donna, i sincerely hope your courageous words will go a long way - but in a short distance.

In a church setting, I would be under the authority of my husband who would be in agreement with godly elders. (A preacher or elder who does not obey The Ten Commandments has never been sent by God and is either deceived or a deceiver)

We have examples of women prophesying under both covenants. I ask you: how can a woman, or a man, prophesy in silence? Or, if women must always be silent, why were women instructed to prophesy with their head covered?

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven." 1 Cor 11:5 (KJV)

It is not a safe practice to establish doctrines on a few verses that are difficult to understand because they refer to customs from antiquity. Doctrine must be established by the Old Testament Scriptures. Paul could have only been referring to the Old Testament when he said: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim 3:16 (KJV)

In the Old Testament, I have the example of Deborah and Huldah. So friends, I just go about my business and let other people either accuse or excuse me.

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info

Thank you, Donna, for such courageous words, hope they will go a long way - but at a short distance.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 AM

274 posts, read 209,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Many pastors and elders of Churches are giving way to the social rebellion against GOD. Many women are determined to be the head of things and will stop at nothing until they have spun their evil web and played the part of the black widow. This behavior is the work of satan.
You have GOT to be kidding me! In a world where, sadly, more and more women are the head of their household because the "man" bailed out, this is an incredulous statement.

Man, I would hate to be your wife/daughter/BOSS.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
On a personal level, I am subject to my husband and write and post under his authority. My posts are always in agreement with Harold's views --and many of them are reproductions of his work.
How very sad that you are not able to voice your own opinions.

Women have worked so hard to be respected as people and looked at as something other than a person with breasts that produce milk, and to have a woman living in a repressed home is very upsetting.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:05 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,145,278 times
I will not listen to a woman preacher nor attend a church that ordains women. The Bible is clear on this matter.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 AM

In a 16-1 vote, Senate panel endorses Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,630,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoKey View Post
You have GOT to be kidding me! In a world where, sadly, more and more women are the head of their household because the "man" bailed out, this is an incredulous statement.

Man, I would hate to be your wife/daughter/BOSS.
Is it possible the men 'bailed out' because the women took over?
In the generation that I was raised, it was extremely rare for the man of the house to "bail out". I believe that all started during the time of the feminist movements.

It is, was, and always will be, God's will that the man is the head of the house.

There is nothing 'cute' about overbearing women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity