U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:43 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,902,988 times

Advertisements

And sometimes men need to get right with the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,634,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
And sometimes men need to get right with the Lord.

Right! Wimpy men who allow their wives to rule over them will answer to God.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 AM

40,151 posts, read 26,789,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Is it possible the men 'bailed out' because the women took over?
In the generation that I was raised, it was extremely rare for the man of the house to "bail out". I believe that all started during the time of the feminist movements.

It is, was, and always will be, God's will that the man is the head of the house.

There is nothing 'cute' about overbearing women.
There is something even more distasteful about misogynistic women who support chauvinistic men and barbaric attitudes.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,211,162 times
Quote:
In the generation that I was raised, it was extremely rare for the man of the house to "bail out". I believe that all started during the time of the feminist movements.
Marian I understand you are older than I.. but you aren't that old.

The first wave of the feminist movement was in the late 19th century with women's suffrage.

Please clarify what you mean.

Are you referring instead to the 1960's?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,725,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is something even more distasteful about misogynistic women who support chauvinistic men and barbaric attitudes.
Our Sister in Christ believes in God's word and has the courage and commitment to put her feminity behind and put God first by declaring the word of God and you dismiss her as a misogynist? without not ONE verse to support your view. I am sorry but your attitude as a Christian is distasteful.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-15-2009 at 10:33 AM..

Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,158,095 times
We either accept the Bible's teaching or not. Today, many people consider the Bible obsolete. It is not, of course.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 AM

322 posts, read 657,571 times
These and other matters must be adressed at the local Church level. I'm not saying that we can't discuss them. But I'm looking for a way to meet with local Church pastors and elders to discuss unity and right order in the Churches.

I learn everytime I visit this forum. But change needs to take place in the Church community. The only way I see that can happen, is for a powerfull awakening to take place, which can only happen by the power of GOD.

There needs to be not only an agreement on womens issues, but all the issues! And the agreements must be according to the will of GOD.

I think lots of folks treat Church like it is a fast food resturant. They want to zip in, get a 30 min max sermon, sing a few songs, feel good, and leave. They've poped up all around town. Pick your brand. Want women preachers? Don't want women preachers? What do you want? Well there's a place that's just right for your taste. Pull in, place your order, put the money in the plate (or our pockets), and we'll have your order ready and you'll be on your way in no time. It's BS folks. We have got to get back to the bible!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,725,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
These and other matters must be adressed at the local Church level. I'm not saying that we can't discuss them. But I'm looking for a way to meet with local Church pastors and elders to discuss unity and right order in the Churches.

I learn everytime I visit this forum. But change needs to take place in the Church community. The only way I see that can happen, is for a powerfull awakening to take place, which can only happen by the power of GOD.

There needs to be not only an agreement on womens issues, but all the issues! And the agreements must be according to the will of GOD.

I think lots of folks treat Church like it is a fast food resturant. They want to zip in, get a 30 min max sermon, sing a few songs, feel good, and leave. They've poped up all around town. Pick your brand. Want women preachers? Don't want women preachers? What do you want? Well there's a place that's just right for your taste. Pull in, place your order, put the money in the plate (or our pockets), and we'll have your order ready and you'll be on your way in no time. It's BS folks. We have got to get back to the bible!
because what's the point of being a Christian?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,419,920 times
I must be way out there...i get sad when its time for church and Sunday school to be over with.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

274 posts, read 209,306 times
Quote:

It is, was, and always will be, God's will that the man is the head of the house.

There is nothing 'cute' about overbearing women.
Funny, but my grandmother's parents were divorced back in the late 1800s to early 1900s (not exactly sure of the date). Why? Her father, my natural great-grandfather, took off. Didn't want the responsibility of a family.

I think there are many reasons why men bail on their families. While it does happen, you don't often hear about mothers leaving everything behind, but you hear it a lot about men.

I agree, overbearing women are not cute, but strong women are to be admired. I would much rather be in the company with a strong (not bull-headed, mind you) woman, than someone who I would call "wishy washy." I must say though, in my social circle, I don't know a whole lot of wishy washy women. I consider myself very fortunate in that regard.

As for it being "God's rule" that men be the head of the house -- who wrote the majority of the Bible? Men. Of course they wanted women to be submissive.

If you want to be treated as a second class citizen, live in a country where you walk several steps behind your husband. See how you like it then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity