U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is not legalism. Please read up on legalism because it obvious you do not know what it is.
No need to yell my young friend, since I am legally deaf I can't hear you anyway, however I can read very well and comprehend what I read,..I spent 44 years in legalism...Believe me, I know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,714,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
No need to yell my young friend, since I am legally deaf I can't hear you anyway, however I can read very well and comprehend what I read,..I spent 44 years in legalism...Believe me, I know..
I beg your pardon, you could spend 100 years and you still wouldn't know. Let me ask you this. would you allow gay clergy? if not is that not legalism?

The word
legalism does not occur in the Bible. It is a term Evangelical Christians use to describe a doctrinal position emphasizing a system of rules and regulations, in achieving both salvation and spiritual growth.

How do women clergy achieve salvation for me?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I beg your pardon, you could spend 100 years and you still wouldn't know. Let me ask you this. would you allow gay clergy? if not is that not legalism?
Gay clergy? How would I know a persons sexual preference..Is it a question men ask when choosing clergy? Are you Gay? Are we off topic?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,223 times
Does Fundamentalism appear in the Bible?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Gay clergy? How would I know a persons sexual preference..Is it a question men ask when choosing clergy? Are you Gay? Are we off topic?
They don't keep it a secret and many denominations have openly accepted gay clergy but that is beside the point. Would you allow gay clergy? if not then by your definition are you not guilty of legalism as well?

I have given verses to support no women clergy yet the other side can't otherthan verses taken out of context.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Does Fundamentalism appear in the Bible?
No it does not. It is hard to explain, there are different factions of fundamentalism some good and some not so good (legalism)

Old 01-13-2009, 08:58 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,901,223 times
Quote:
No it does not. It is hard to explain, there are different factions of fundamentalism some good and some not so good (legalism)
I'm looking them both up.

Either needs to be tempered with living like Jesus. I know, I know...He beat people over the heads...He gave people what-for. He also showed great compassion...described Himself as gentle and humble at heart.

So anyway...I'm looking both of those terms up. Should be interesting reading. I'll pray about them both, too.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
They don't keep it a secret and many denominations have openly accepted gay clergy but that is beside the point. Would you allow gay clergy? if not then by your definition are you not guilty of legalism as well?
According to Fundy, do I really have a choice in the congregation..I am only a woman..But yes, I would have no problem worshiping or being led in worship by a person who happened to be born gay..Who am I to question what a person does in private? FYI, I know a few gay people who do keep it a secret from society because of the hate...

Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,728,744 times
Question Hoohooo

... as a cosmopolitan enlightened tolerant friendly and polite human being in the 21st century i would have to ask

is this another yet more subtle type of holy inquisition going on here?

???????

Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
According to Fundy, do I really have a choice in the congregation..I am only a woman..But yes, I would have no problem worshiping or being led in worship by a person who happened to be born gay..Who am I to question what a person does in private? FYI, I know a few gay people who do keep it a secret from society because of the hate...
Cheapshot and not accurate

Well now I know where you stand, Thank you. just probing a lil' You cherrypick the bible to suit your needs

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-13-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity