Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:27 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times

Advertisements

Okay...here I go again!

I have been thinking about this forum, and how many differant views are expressed here. Many think 'we' should be all agreeing with one another, but that is not going to happen on a forum that is aimed at all who call themselves 'Christians".

Even if it were a forum for one specific 'church' , I really believe all the posters would not be in agreement. ( I am a member on a church of Christ forum, and there are some opinions that are not all agreed upon.)

Can any of you honestly say that all the members where you worship, ( providing you do worship with a group), are all in complete agreement on everything, when it pretains to the scriptures?

I am not talking about agreeing on the same secular music, the same movies, the same vehicles, the same home decor...and so on. I am talking about biblical issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Okay...here I go again!

I have been thinking about this forum, and how many differant views are expressed here. Many think 'we' should be all agreeing with one another, but that is not going to happen on a forum that is aimed at all who call themselves 'Christians".

Even if it were a forum for one specific 'church' , I really believe all the posters would not be in agreement. ( I am a member on a church of Christ forum, and there are some opinions that are not all agreed upon.)

Can any of you honestly say that all the members where you worship, ( providing you do worship with a group), are all in complete agreement on everything, when it pretains to the scriptures?

I am not talking about agreeing on the same secular music, the same movies, the same vehicles, the same home decor...and so on. I am talking about biblical issues.
By the essence of me walking into the church.. not all have the same view.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Okay...here I go again!

Even if it were a forum for one specific 'church' , I really believe all the posters...........
As a fundamentalist the forum I go to is very much in agreement like "propitiation" The word "Christian" has become a broad term in the world, no different in here.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Apparently, I can believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, crucified for the sins of the world, and ascended to the right hand of the Father and still be thought of as some sort of heretic.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Apparently, I can believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, crucified for the sins of the world, and ascended to the right hand of the Father and still be thought of as some sort of heretic.
I don't know if that was meant for me but this forum does not define a Christian which is why you have mormons, JW, people who believe in reincarnation, buddhism Christianity etc....

I agree with what you said but you must have the right Jesus.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM

Okay, on my part, a 'for instance' is : my views on the 'religious' holidays conflict with that of most of my brethren, But we still love one another, and (mostly) avoid being offensive about our disagreements.
I thought of some more while I was attempting to take my afternoon nap...but have forgotten them.
Maybe later....

Now, how about others...what non 'essential' issues do you disagree on.

LOL, bigthirsty.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM

309 posts, read 511,966 times
Your correct not all are going to agree on things that is why it is best to agree to disagree. Now as far as the Church of Christ I am/was (currently looking for another church with similar beliefs to mine) didn't worship the same way I did when I was in there they would never raise a hand to praise as I was the only one who did. That is just one example there are many more differences in praising and worship and in beliefs such as communion which I dearly love but have never read in the bible where it demands us to do it every Lords Day like the CofC taught me along with their belief that if you don't take communion you don't have the Lord in your heart. I think all Christians have the Lord in their heart. As far as other beliefs there are many more.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Now, how about others...what non 'essential' issues do you disagree on.
It seems the restoration of all (things) is a big line in the sand on this forum.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It seems the restoration of all (things) is a big line in the sand on this forum.
Okay...I have always understood that to be refering to things of the earth. I have never heard a semon, or read a teaching, on that particular scripture, but I have long been interested in it. It is a very obscure scripture, but I do find it very interesting.

Actually, I, personally have thought it may refer to the 'save the earth' movements of recent years. Mankind is attempting to restore the earth to it's original condition. I have wondered if that is something that God may have a hand in?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:50 PM

:3
Quote:
Okay...I have always understood that to be refering to things of the earth. I have never heard a semon, or read a teaching, on that particular scripture, but I have long been interested in it. It is a very obscure scripture, but I do find it very interesting.

Actually, I, personally have thought it may refer to the 'save the earth' movements of recent years. Mankind is attempting to restore the earth to it's original condition. I have wondered if that is something that God may have a hand in?
Interesting - I haven't heard that. No, I'm hardcore that everything that man has built - and everything in man that is not His nature - would be burned up. It's consistant with Him being called a "refiner's fire" (Mal 3:2), and a "consuming fire" (Duet 4:24 & 9:3, Heb 12:29).

Just themes that run through the Bible...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity