U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 22 days ago)

9,829 posts, read 21,132,956 times

Advertisements

Tim Tebow is not like most Christians today.

He understands that Jesus didn't preach only to those already in the fold of the saved. Jesus went to the tax collectors, prostitutes, and Samaritans. Tim Tebow preaches at Florida prisons. Immediately after winning the Heisman Trophy he got on a plane and flew to The Philippines where he spent the next month preaching to orphans and being a volunteer medical assistant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,205,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

He understands that Jesus didn't preach only to those already in the fold of the saved. Jesus went to the tax collectors, prostitutes, and Samaritans. Tim Tebow preaches at Florida prisons. Immediately after winning the Heisman Trophy he got on a plane and flew to The Philippines where he spent the next month preaching to orphans and being a volunteer medical assistant
I hadn't heard of all the things he's done. They should really report on that stuff.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,470,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I hadn't heard of all the things he's done. They should really report on that stuff.
His whole life has been in dedicated service to the Lord. It is truly amazing.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 22 days ago)

9,829 posts, read 21,132,956 times
Here's a video of his missionary trips and work in Florida's prisons

YouTube - Tim Tebow

Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,712,120 times
Thanks Census for bringing something positive here..What a wonderful worker for the Lord.. All I can say is "We need more Tebow"

Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,545,363 times
If anybody watched the BCS National Championship game, when they went to interview Tebow after the victory, one could clearly see that he had John 3:16 on that smudge that they use under their eyes to keep the glare out. He is a true Christian and he displays it by his works as he is a very faithful servant of the Lord.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,205,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
If anybody watched the BCS National Championship game, when they went to interview Tebow after the victory, one could clearly see that he had John 3:16 on that smudge that they use under their eyes to keep the glare out. He is a true Christian and he displays it by his works as he is a very faithful servant of the Lord.
Actually I'd love to hate the guy. He plays for my arch rival in college football. I can't bring myself to parlay my college football hate (which is actually a very natural thing in the Southeast) to Tim Tebow.

Why? He isn't in your face with his faith and he is very inclusive.

As much as I'd love to hate him... I can't.. and for that.. I hate him.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,359,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

IF HE GIVES AWAY THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE MONEY HE WILL SOON BE MAKING. LIKE MOST WEALTHY PEOPLE SHOULD DO, THEN i WILL BELIEVE HE IS TRULY A GOOD CHRISTIAN.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,168 times

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjMQxRyjiY]YouTube - Why Florida Quarterback Tim Tebow is nicknamed Superman[/url]

it has been reported, check out this coverage by FOX on youtube

AND ESPN
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUc_JO7A6OU]YouTube - Tim Tebow[/url]

Enjoy! God Bless and Go GATORS!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 AM

62,956 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Tim Tebow used to paint Bible verses John 3:16 and Philppians 4:13 on his face when he played football in collage, but when he entered the professional arena, everyone said he will not be successful because he cannot throw the ball well enough. He won enough games during the regular season, to make the play-offs, but rarely throw the ball more than 200 yards. Yesterday he led his team against one of the best teams in professional football, and he beat them by throwing the ball exactly 316 yards.

If it is a coincidence, then it is a pretty cool one. Since he also painted Philippians 4:13 on his face, it will be interesting to see if he can throw the call 413 yards next week against the New England Patriots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or