U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,906,388 times

Advertisements

That is so true, Bud. I and my family are going through very tough things right now. I hope you don't feel alone, Hazel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 01:00 PM

578 posts, read 1,547,995 times
To All..
I can't tell you how much your kind words and prayers mean to me. This is what I miss about not being in church. Each response brought hope and many tears..but good tears.

BudinAK... My husband was a warehouse manager for a ceramic tile contractor. Construction has come to a halt here in Calif...So, moving out of state has been discussed. I would have done that years ago, but couldn't leave my Mom...We have family in OK and might look there in a few months if nothing materializes here...

Thanks again...(((hugs)))

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,101,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I thought I'd ask for prayer for our situation as we don't have a church and really need a break from our trials. I'll try to be short and sweet..

I'm going in for surgery on Feb 11th for a hysterectomy and it's going to cost $5,000-7,000 out of our pockets before insurance pays. I don't want this surgery and I'm scared of course.

My Mom's recent MRI shows her spine is full of cancer and she's given 4 months to live. I adore my Mom and the thought of not having her in my life breaks my heart. I was always a Mama's girl and this is killing me.

My son walked out of my life 2 years ago and our DIL won't allow us to see our granddaughters.

Now to add to my trials, my husband is being laid off next week due to our DEPRESSION that they keep referring to as a recession. I live in California and jobs here aren't plentiful anymore.

I humbly ask for your prayers ..it's times like this, we need our Christian brothers and sisters to lift us up..

Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
Dear Hazel Eyes: You are and will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you would like to contact me privately, I would like to hear the reasons you are being given for the hysterectomy. The same advice was given to me about ten years ago--I sought a second opinion and was able to avoid the surgery through an out-patient procedure to eliminated my systems and condition! I realize that all situations are different, but feel free to contact me. Perhaps I have some information that will help. Again, I am and will continue to pray for you.

Preterist

Old 01-11-2009, 01:33 PM

21,669 posts, read 30,330,462 times
I will be praying for you and like Preterist, I was told in 1998 I need a hysterectomy, got a second opinion and did not get it, not all, but most hysterectomy's are unnecessary.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:28 PM

5,441 posts, read 4,886,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I thought I'd ask for prayer for our situation as we don't have a church and really need a break from our trials. I'll try to be short and sweet..

I'm going in for surgery on Feb 11th for a hysterectomy and it's going to cost $5,000-7,000 out of our pockets before insurance pays. I don't want this surgery and I'm scared of course.

My Mom's recent MRI shows her spine is full of cancer and she's given 4 months to live. I adore my Mom and the thought of not having her in my life breaks my heart. I was always a Mama's girl and this is killing me.

My son walked out of my life 2 years ago and our DIL won't allow us to see our granddaughters.

Now to add to my trials, my husband is being laid off next week due to our DEPRESSION that they keep referring to as a recession. I live in California and jobs here aren't plentiful anymore.

I humbly ask for your prayers ..it's times like this, we need our Christian brothers and sisters to lift us up..

Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
Hazel eyes, I will pray for your problems. Meanwhile, look up Ernest Angley Ministries; the miracles of healing, and many other miracles, coming out of that ministry are nothing less than amazing. The power of the Holy Ghost is really moving.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,646,529 times
Dear Hazel Eyes, I have been in your situation in many ways. The year my mother passed away from lung cancer, the job opportunities in my home state had become very scarce. My Husband was a carpenter. He had built a new house for us, and the mortgage was more that I could see us being able to pay. We sold our equity in it and moved to Arkansas ( his home state), knowing that the cost of living, and of land and homes, were lower here. We were moving here with no idea where we would live...with no job to go to. Thank God we had brethren in our faith that took us under their wings and helped us find a place to live, and some land to buy. We still were struggling to pay the rent on the house that we rented, although it was very low rent ($100 a month in 1977). Hubby was not finding enough work. I saw an ad in the news paper wanting a caretaker for a ranch not far from where we were living. I answered the ad. I was hired as the 'yardman'. We lived in the little house provided for us (one friend called it the 'slave quarters',) for 5 and 1/2 years. I did the yardwork while husband did what ever carpentry that he could find.

It was over 5 years before we could get a house built on the land that we had bought. I was 44 and hubby was 50 when we moved to Arkansas, so I was 50 and he was 56 when we finally got our own house built and moved into.

When I was about 28 when I had a pregnancy in the tube. It ruptured and I came extremely close to losing my life. Our son was about 2 and 1/2 at the time. Then at 32 I had cancer of the cervix, and ( after a D&C) I had an hysterectomy. Because of my husband's low income and the fact that we had no insurance, we were in an extreme financial bad spot. We were forced to take bankruptcy. The judge was very kind to us due to the fact that our difficulties were from my health problems.

I have sort of mixed up my post by putting our move before I told of the Bankruptcy, but I hope you can see, all together we had some pretty tough times.

Although I left behind all that I knew, and all of my relatives, to come here, I am sure it was the right thing to do. Besides I had my faith in God, and my brethren who helped out.

God has watched over us, and we are comfortable now, and owe no one anything....only God.

I pray that you and your husband can make the right decision and find the answer to your problem, just as we did.

BTW, at least my situation with our son and gradddaughters is better than yours. He divorced his wife...the mother of our 3 granddaughters, 3-4 years ago. It was a very bitter divorce, but at least he has lots of visitation with the girls, and they ( he and the girls ) visit us at least twice a year. They live too far for me to drive to see them, since my hubby is unable to go with me. But twice a year is better than not at all.

I am so sorry about your dear mother...I do understand. I pray that you will find the strength, through your faith in God, to do what must be done. It was just 3 months after my dear mother passed, that we loaded up and headed for Arkansas, from Idaho. It was quite a culture shock for me, but, as I said...I am sure it was for the best.

I have gained many wonderful friends here, and even had a dear elderly sister in Christ that I felt was an 'adopted mother' to me.

God will see you through, if you put your burden on Him and trust in Him.
May He bless you in all the ways that you need Him to.

BTW, I am now 76, and hubby is 82.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,286,664 times
Blessings to you Hazel Eyes and am praying for you and your's! God is so faithful and I know with all my heart, He will see you through this time!
I know how when these seasons come into our lives it is difficult to see His presence and His way in it.
Weariness and heavy laden seems to grab hold of our hearts, and He so knows this.......He knows every inch of your situation.....

Psalm 34:1-6
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

I have truly found in that when in dark times meditating with praising and exalting His name in song or just picking up His precious word and reading it , it has lifted my heart out of all the fears of the situation and brings the fruit of His peace and delivers us.

Blessings to you!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,211,605 times
Dear Hazel Eyes,
I will keep you in prayer before the throne of God tonight. God listens to the righteous and knows their need:

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:01 AM

1 posts, read 611 times
Hello,

i have prayed for you. That you will have all you have asked the lord for will take place. I too have just started a health problem. I pray that i will be returned to health. May the lord be with you.
John.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,442,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john221948 View Post
Hello,

i have prayed for you. That you will have all you have asked the lord for will take place. I too have just started a health problem. I pray that i will be returned to health. May the lord be with you.
John.
I pray for you too, that the Lord's will be manifested in your life...and in your body. Remember that He wishes, above all, that you would prosper and be in good health...even as your soul prospers...keep your faith...things are not as they seem to be as we see them with our natural eyes...I also pray that He gives you His perspective...that ALL things work out for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
Be well dear brother...in the Name that is above all names...Jesus Christ.

God Bless you,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity