U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM

578 posts, read 1,545,342 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd ask for prayer for our situation as we don't have a church and really need a break from our trials. I'll try to be short and sweet..

I'm going in for surgery on Feb 11th for a hysterectomy and it's going to cost $5,000-7,000 out of our pockets before insurance pays. I don't want this surgery and I'm scared of course.

My Mom's recent MRI shows her spine is full of cancer and she's given 4 months to live. I adore my Mom and the thought of not having her in my life breaks my heart. I was always a Mama's girl and this is killing me.

My son walked out of my life 2 years ago and our DIL won't allow us to see our granddaughters.

Now to add to my trials, my husband is being laid off next week due to our DEPRESSION that they keep referring to as a recession. I live in California and jobs here aren't plentiful anymore.

I humbly ask for your prayers ..it's times like this, we need our Christian brothers and sisters to lift us up..

Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,419,824 times
Red face Prayer of Mercy for my family

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I thought I'd ask for prayer for our situation as we don't have a church and really need a break from our trials. I'll try to be short and sweet..

I'm going in for surgery on Feb 11th for a hysterectomy and it's going to cost $5,000-7,000 out of our pockets before insurance pays. I don't want this surgery and I'm scared of course.

My Mom's recent MRI shows her spine is full of cancer and she's given 4 months to live. I adore my Mom and the thought of not having her in my life breaks my heart. I was always a Mama's girl and this is killing me.

My son walked out of my life 2 years ago and our DIL won't allow us to see our granddaughters.

Now to add to my trials, my husband is being laid off next week due to our DEPRESSION that they keep referring to as a recession. I live in California and jobs here aren't plentiful anymore.

I humbly ask for your prayers ..it's times like this, we need our Christian brothers and sisters to lift us up..

Psalm 4:1.Hear me when I call O God of my righteousness; thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 5:1. Give ear to my words, O Lord consider my meditation.
Psalm 5:11. But let all those that put their shout for joy, because thou defendest them; let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psalm 8:1. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heaven.
Psalm 9:1. I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works.
Psalm 10:1. Why standest thou afar off O Lord? Why hidest thou thyself in time of trouble?
Psalm 13:1. How long wilt thou forget me O Lord? For ever How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
Psalm 15:1. Lord who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
Psalm 16:1. Preserve me O God; for in thee do I put my trust.
Psalm 25:1. Unto thee O Lord do I lift up my soul.
Psalm 27:3. Though an host should encamp against me my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
Psalm 28:7. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalm 31:24. Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 34:1. I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalm 39:12. Hear my prayer O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears; for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner as all my fathers were.
Psalm 40:8. I delight to do thy will O my God, yea thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 40:10. I have not hid thy righteousness with my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation; I have not concealed the loving kindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
Psalm 40:13. Be pleased O Lord, to deliver me, O Lord make haste to help me. Psalm 40:16. Let all those that seek the rejoice and be glad in thee; let such as love thy salvation say continually The Lord be magnified.
In Jesus Christ name I pray AMEN

Old 01-10-2009, 05:01 PM

7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Quote:

And please know that from the bottom of June's heart, she carries yours, in hers...

Take gentle care.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,429,351 times
FROM SUFFERING TO GLORY

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of Godl For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be utterred. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He prdestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified, and whom He justified; these He also glorified. Rom.8:18-30.

GOD'S EVERLASTING LOVE

What then shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us!! He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?...Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord1 Rom.8:31-39.

Dear Hazeleyes, My heart goes out to you and your family. Be encouraged...be lifted up...and I pray that our prayers will bring you back to a place of completeness and wholeness in Christ Jesus...let the joy of the Lord be your strength! God bless you and those you love...Love

Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 PM

13,577 posts, read 21,740,713 times
Sending prayers on your behalf, my friend..

Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,529,240 times
Keeping you and your family in my prayers. My you have strength, grace, and love during this time. God bless and keep you.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 PM

309 posts, read 446,503 times
Just remember to keep the faith and trust in the Lord that he will abide. Remember the Lord said he would never put more on us than we can withstand. So he must know that you are strong, devoted people. One other thing he never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hills would not be hard to climb and he never offered our victories without fighting but he did promise help would always come in time. Just always anchor your souls in the Lord and he will take care of all trials and tribulations.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Quote:

breaks my heart.

For some reason, your post stayed in the back of June's mind...

June of all people credits herself in thinking that she knows, and should know, how to both overcome hardship, along with helping others to do so. It's June's "job" to do so. --And yet June is all too acutely aware of the fact that that which cannot be resolved or solved, in the moment, no matter how much one may wish or need it to be so, still persists with each sunrise...

June does not know how we actually manage to traverse those times which challenge us to the extent that we actually question whether or not or how we continue on. -Yet somehow, we do.

--For whatever words and hopes you were looking for here that we somehow weren't able to provide; for the pain that you contend and struggle with that we can't wholly take away; for the difficulty of waking up to another day of the same, please know that at the heart of all things, (whether one is a believer or not) exists a resilliancy that compels, that drives us to survive. One may call it what they will, but so long as it's existence is acknowledged and trusted upon to be there in the darkest of nights, then that, my friend, is called:

Hope.

May you have that.

Take gentle care.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,589,158 times
His will, will be done in your life. Stay strong and trust Him "come what may", He is faithful! Sending prayers out to you and your family. God Bless.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,861,652 times
Hazel Eyes, I will be praying for you! Sometimes it might seem that we Christians here on the forum do not have broken family relationships, are mostly healthy, have good jobs, and of course are always happy. This could not be any further from the truth!
I too struggle with some of the things you mentioned (mostly broken family relationships...at the moment I have almost zero communication with the rest of my family, except my wife, it's sad...)
Anyway, please remember that what is impossible for man, is quite easy for God to fix. Might I ask what kind of work does your husband do? Are you willing to relocate? It sure doesn't sound like California is going to be flush with dollars anytime soon, it just might be time to move on. Some of the other states are not in that bad of financial situation...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity