Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times

Advertisements

Has lost her sheep, and can't tell where to find them........

I think we can help Bo-Peep regather the sheep if we focus on the real work of the shepherd/shepherdess..

Lately, you see, Bo-Peep has been watching the sky and daydreaming while the sheep she may have gathered have scattered for lack of Bo-Peeps gentle loving guidance to the fields of clover and gently flowing freshwater that comes from the highest source..

Bo-Peep now spends time away from the flock and has gathered other shepherds who also are forgetting the shepherds duty as they look at the sky and make images of the clouds.. In the meantime, the sheep hunger, and thirst and the wolf greedily smiles and drools as he prepares to attack the weakest of the sheep...

How can we once again have the sheep trust our guidance and look to us for answers about what they seek now from the master of the shepherds?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Maybe if little Bo-Peep did not compromise and endorse sin under the guise of "love". I think we need to stand up boldly and declare the uncompromising word of God. As John the baptist and Jesus said: Repent the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. The world must see a righteous, uncompromising church or we will continue to look like fools/hypocrites to them.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Thanks for sharing a cute little story!
Well I don't know about Bo-peep !

But....... I do know that the sheep of the TRUE Shepherd.... hear and recognize His voice and will follow and stay with Him ........
not wandering into other fields of clover.
They look to their Shepherds cup of water that flows from Him and feed upon His hand that satisfies their thirst and hunger!
You see they recognize and can smell the hirelings or wolves that is wanting to harm or fool them.
The Shepherd has comforted and taught them by using His loving rod and staff to guide and keep them.
These little sheep know also their Shepherd will not let harm come to the weakest of the little sheep, because He carries the one who is weak upon His shoulders !!!
The TRUE Shepherd is always there to keep them, protect and love them to the very end of their journey and the sheep know this with all their hearts!!

.........Because they know HIS LOVE.....

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-11-2009 at 08:03 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 09:22 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Maybe if little Bo-Peep did not compromise and endorse sin under the guise of "love". I think we need to stand up boldly and declare the uncompromising word of God. As John the baptist and Jesus said: Repent the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. The world must see a righteous, uncompromising church or we will continue to look like fools/hypocrites to them.
Loving it!! Repping you girl!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Thanks for sharing a cute little story!
Well I don't know about Bo-peep !

But....... I do know that the sheep of the TRUE Shepherd.... hear and recognize His voice and will follow and stay with Him ........
not wandering into other fields of clover.
They look to their Shepherds cup of water that flows from Him and feed upon His hand that satisfies their thirst and hunger!
You see they recognize and can smell the hirelings or wolves that is wanting to harm or fool them.
The Shepherd has comforted and taught them by using His loving rod and staff to guide and keep them.
These little sheep know also their Shepherd will not let harm come to the weakest of the little sheep, because He carries the one who is weak upon His shoulders !!!
The TRUE Shepherd is always there to keep them, protect and love them to the very end of their journey and the sheep know this with all their hearts!!

.........Because they know HIS LOVE.....
Blessings!! Good Morning to you too!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Good post Curley...

Just before Jesus presented himself as our sacrificial lamb, He said...

JOHN21:15-17
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these? Yes, Lord, he said, you know that I love you. Jesus said, Feed my lambs
16 Again Jesus said, Simon son of John, do you truly love me? He answered, Yes, Lord, you know that I love you. Jesus said, Take care of my sheep
17 The third time he said to him, Simon son of John, do you love me? Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, Do you love me? He said, Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you. Jesus said, Feed my sheep

Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I agree Sandgirl, and can also add that pure christian love comes from God and has no sin, no strings attached to it..The greatest commandment is love..If you have this , you will not break the others..

Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Arrow My beloved Miss Blue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I agree Sandgirl, and can also add that pure christian love comes from God and has no sin, no strings attached to it..The greatest commandment is love..If you have this , you will not break the others..
No doubts about your honest gentle love. But no strings attached?
Consider us playing on the Celtic Harp, just for the moment.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Default the word "sheep" is in the Bible 178 times....

Quote:
Has lost her sheep, and can't tell where to find them........

I think we can help Bo-Peep regather the sheep if we focus on the real work of the shepherd/shepherdess..

Lately, you see, Bo-Peep has been watching the sky and daydreaming while the sheep she may have gathered have scattered for lack of Bo-Peeps gentle loving guidance to the fields of clover and gently flowing freshwater that comes from the highest source..

Bo-Peep now spends time away from the flock and has gathered other shepherds who also are forgetting the shepherds duty as they look at the sky and make images of the clouds.. In the meantime, the sheep hunger, and thirst and the wolf greedily smiles and drools as he prepares to attack the weakest of the sheep...

How can we once again have the sheep trust our guidance and look to us for answers about what they seek now from the master of the shepherds?
Quote:

The question is, are these two ideas mutually exclusive???

I don't think so.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-11-2009 at 11:13 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Quote:

I think the greatest commandment is to love the Lord God with all our heart, soul and mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity