U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,880,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Greetings, Wilvan: There are no "eras of the true Church of God" taught in the Scriptures. There is also no "end time." There is the time of the end--the end of an age but not an end time.

Such things as 7 eras of the Church of God is extrabiblical teaching. It was to that Laodicea Church only and specifically that Jesus spoke. While there may certainly be applications to other churches concerning the proper worship of the Lord, this is not the context of the churches of Revelation.

Preterist
Hey preterist,
Do you think there will ever come an end to the world as we know it? Not an end to the earth per say but an end to the physical man. Will there come a time when God will literally judge the world and reconcile his creation and all things become spiritual or will life just go on forever and ever as we know it? Just curious..thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,586,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
I realize you're contrasting this horseman with Jesus in Rev 19, however...
I thought it said the white horseman had a crown and went out to conquer.
How is that about peace?
It seems like a grab for more power - over everyone.

The false peace you're thinking of comes later as does the devastation to follow.
That "peace" will be as a result of the confirming of a covenant with many nations.
He is the "Prince who is to come" of Daniel's vision of "the Seventy weeks, and He will confirmed the Covenant for "One week" with Daniel's people the Jews. (Dan' 9:27) The False Peace. This rider, comes with all power embodied by satan himself. The "prince" of this world.

The Rider of the White horse of Revelation 19, Jesus Christ, wears many crowns. He is thoroughly defined: Clothed in a vesture dipped in blood, many crowns upon His head, His name is called: WORD OF GOD, no weapon of warfare is in His hand, but a sharp sword that proceedeth out of His mouth. He is the True Prince of Peace. He completes the picture.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 PM

777 posts, read 1,277,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
He is the "Prince who is to come" of Daniel's vision of "the Seventy weeks, and He will confirmed the Covenant for "One week" with Daniel's people the Jews. (Dan' 9:27) The False Peace. This rider, comes with all power embodied by satan himself. The "prince" of this world.

The Rider of the White horse of Revelation 19, Jesus Christ, wears many crowns. He is thoroughly defined: Clothed in a vesture dipped in blood, many crowns upon His head, His name is called: WORD OF GOD, no weapon of warfare is in His hand, but a sharp sword that proceedeth out of His mouth. He is the True Prince of Peace. He completes the picture.
Scripture seems to indicate that the anti-Christ will not be apparent until the AofD.
The first seal is a sign and I think it may be a sign of his system, but not him specifically.
The other horsemen are not actual individuals either, but also events or movements.
War is not an individual, and neither is financial crisis, nor is famine and disease.

I think these all precede Daniel's 70th week.
If we in that time, I think that the first seal is the NWO - announced 9/11/91
The red horse is the war which will never end. - terror/war on terror - essentially begun 9/11/01
The black horse has begun as this economy unravels.
It is not just in the US - the whole world is beginning to feel the effects and we haven't seen anything yet.
Then the pale horse - private and corporate farms will go out of business and acts of nature will not help.

But there is no temple yet, nor even a decree.
(Dan 9:25) The 69 was begun with a decree - so will be the beginning of the 70th.
Until there is a temple, there will be no sacrifice to be halted.
The halting of the sacrifice and the AofD will reveal the anti-Christ.

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

2Thes 2:3,4

Old 01-13-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Scripture seems to indicate that the anti-Christ will not be apparent until the AofD.
The first seal is a sign and I think it may be a sign of his system, but not him specifically.
The other horsemen are not actual individuals either, but also events or movements.
War is not an individual, and neither is financial crisis, nor is famine and disease.

The red horse is the war which will never end. - terror/war on terror - essentially begun 9/11/01
It is not just in the US - the whole world is beginning to feel the effects and we haven't seen anything yet.
Then the pale horse - private and corporate farms will go out of business and acts of nature will not help.

(Dan 9:25) The 69 was begun with a decree - so will be the beginning of the 70th.

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

I'm thankful that we can agree to disagree peaceably. I pray that the Lord will continue reveal to me what needs to be understood in His timing. I truly believe we all are accountable to ourselves and others to pray earnestly for understanding His Words.

What do you think about this guy here:
YouTube - 2 Billion to Die (within the next 12 months?) part 1

Old 01-14-2009, 11:57 AM

777 posts, read 1,277,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I'm thankful that we can agree to disagree peaceably.
Me too.
Quote:
I pray that the Lord will continue reveal to me what needs to be understood in His timing. I truly believe we all are accountable to ourselves and others to pray earnestly for understanding His Words.

What do you think about this guy here:
YouTube - 2 Billion to Die (within the next 12 months?) part 1
Just as we shouldn’t interpret prophecy in terms of internal denominational events, neither should we interpret with the idea that America is the center of focus in Revelation or other prophecies.
My interpretation of the four horsemen is based on these things affecting the whole world - not just America.

There has been a conflict in the middle-east for a very long time and in fact it goes back to the blessing of Jacob – setting the Amalekites against the Israelites.
(Amalek was the grandson of Esau)
This is why Gaza and the other Palestinian holdings (including the temple mount) have not satisfied them.
Their goal and the only thing which will satisfy them, is the destruction of Israel as a people. It's not about the land.

Our conflict in the Muslim nations stems from our presence there.
Yes, we were attacked, but four angels were not released.
There must be four significant aspects or even nations involved with this event.

At the time this video was made, the third seal was still intact.
Also, there was no temple sacrifice (nor is there now), so the seven years have not even begun, and we shouldn't be looking for the sixth trumpet at this time.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,096,356 times
Quote:

Richio: Would that be the Abomination of Desolation which Jesus told His disciples standing right there with Him that THEY would see?

Preterist

Old 01-14-2009, 12:21 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,096,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Hey preterist,
Do you think there will ever come an end to the world as we know it? Not an end to the earth per say but an end to the physical man. Will there come a time when God will literally judge the world and reconcile his creation and all things become spiritual or will life just go on forever and ever as we know it? Just curious..thanks
Greetings spm62: The Bible does not speak of an end of the physical earth. The expression "heavens and earth" is often used figuratively. God has already judged the world in righteousness (Paul told Felix, the governor, that God was then about to do that--See Acts 24).

In God's kingdom, which is not of this world, all things are reconciled.

Therefore, I see no end to this world.

Preterist

Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM

94 posts, read 117,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The white horse and the rider represents JESUS CHRIST and the faithfull Christians.

You see, JESUS not only came to give salvation to His believers, but also judgement to the unbelievers. The gospel is sent to the whole world. For those who refuse the gospel, mistreat His people, and harden thier hearts, comes the other horses with thier riders.

1. Throughout Revelation, white is always good.

2. JESUS has conquered sin and death. He even told His deciples, " I have conquered the world."

3. We also are to conquer as His deciples.

4. Judgement comes to all who refuse JESUS CHRIST.

Knowing that this part of the vision is about JESUS CHRIST and His true followers is very right because the judgement following is sent upon the unbelievers, because they refused to allow the all-conquering King to be thier King.
The FIRST HORSEMAN could not possibly be Jesus Christ. Remember this horseman has a "bow" - considered a weapon of the time - now, it would be more like a "gun" or some belligerent arm. The Bible also specifies "one of the living creatures". I would think this refers to some earthly element.....at least nothing 'heavenly' or devine....yet "goes forth conquering." Definitely a powerful 'man' or even entity. Wearing a "crown" gives him/it authority.

I believe this too, could be the first into to somewhat of an Anti-Christ.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM

The Lamb, is the one................holding the scroll. The Lamb is the one.............who opened the first seal.

And I looked, and behold, a white horse. And he who sat on it, (not He, but he) who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, (him, not Him) and he ( not He, but he) went out conquering and to conquer.

Now look at the he who's riding the white horse of the first seal: See it? he
Now take a look at the He who's holding the scroll: See it? He

As plain as day...................Anywhere and I mean anywhere in the bible when referring to Jesus, the Lamb, the Saviour, The King, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning, the End, His names, His titles. Do you ever see the writers of the scriptures referring to Him as he? Un-capitalized?

Is'nt it always as He and never, never, everrrrr, he? Get out your bibles, I'll wait................................

Would some of you then like to start with: "Oh, it was translated by men blah, blah, blah so they made a typographical error?".

If that's the case then they made an error throughout the ENTIRE bible when referring to He.

and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Bless.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Let's move on.................to the rider of white horse of Revelation 19. (You can do your comparison later).

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful, and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
12. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.
13. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
14. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
15. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KING AND LORDS OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16)

Brethrens and sistrens, it's not the same he in the rider of the first seal . It's not! The bible does not make mistakes. To say this is a mistake is to blaspheme the name of God. It's right there before your eyes. Just open them up.

Don't be deceived, the rider of the first seal is the Antichrist, who is the prince to come.

Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity