U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,471,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
This Red horse, some believe he is riding now, what do you think? Are we still doing this study people? (smile).
I am but my seeking the interpretations of this, is different than the mainstream end of days theology. See, I apply the book of the Revealing of Jesus to all generations, and to all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,279 times
I understand that the first four seals reveal God's judgment on the world.

1. The white horse represents an increase of wars.
2. The red horse symbolizes the breakdown of civil order.
3. The black horse the ensuing famine.
4. The pale horse represents the death caused by these three scourges.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,643,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I wanted to do a simple yet profound study into these 4 horsemen of the Prophecies. Let me know what you all are guided to, as well.

First let us look at Revelations and the colors of the horses:

First the White Horse:
Rev 6:2
I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

So, what do you all think about him. A crown would signify royalty, and a bow to conquer.

Who is this person reigning over, and who is he conquering?

Also, is this same analogy found elsewhere in Scripture?

How about Zechariah - Chapter 6 verse 3?

See, I am almost convinced that the four horsemen represent us heading into our maturity into salvation, or to destruction.

The white horseman would be our eagerness to conquer the world. That typically is what most young men and women do, right out of school, and right out of their parents grasp. The crown, to me, would represent us wearing a crown of our own making. Their glory is to themselves, and they do not submit to the King.

I know many will not see this, but in Zechariah 6, it says that the horses are the spirits of the heavens. It didn't say God's Spirit, right? That would mean that these could also be unclean ones as well. Please look with your hearts before saying it could not be so. I mean, Satan was in front of God and when answering to what he was doing, he said gong to and fro throughout the earth....

So, what do you think?

But let us start with the white first.

White represents something clean, or pure. It doesn't say the horseman was white though, just the horse. So, what does the horse represent?
the rider on the white horse is the antichrist. The rider of this white horse is not the rider of the white horse who comes with a rainbow around his head, and a rainbow around the throne he leaves. This "bow" in the Greek is a cheap fabric, or imitation, In the Greek it's called "toxon".

Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM

94 posts, read 117,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
While I do find this all intersting, I don't not feel to really know this very well. Whether the end of the would happens tonight or in a million years, should I lead my life differently. I don't think I should. So to worry at all about the end times to me is pointless. I also find it depressing to focus on the end. I hope I'm not offending anyone, that is not my intention.

DNick
Well, I think you have the right idea - not "focusing" on the end times. It just happens, however, to be a passion of mine for some 20 odd yrs. And I do believe we should be prepared mentally (at least) only because we may all be in those "birth pains" or the "fig tree" spoken of by Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity