U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,473,001 times

Advertisements

I wanted to do a simple yet profound study into these 4 horsemen of the Prophecies. Let me know what you all are guided to, as well.

First let us look at Revelations and the colors of the horses:

First the White Horse:
Rev 6:2
I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

So, what do you all think about him. A crown would signify royalty, and a bow to conquer.

Who is this person reigning over, and who is he conquering?

Also, is this same analogy found elsewhere in Scripture?

How about Zechariah - Chapter 6 verse 3?

See, I am almost convinced that the four horsemen represent us heading into our maturity into salvation, or to destruction.

The white horseman would be our eagerness to conquer the world. That typically is what most young men and women do, right out of school, and right out of their parents grasp. The crown, to me, would represent us wearing a crown of our own making. Their glory is to themselves, and they do not submit to the King.

I know many will not see this, but in Zechariah 6, it says that the horses are the spirits of the heavens. It didn't say God's Spirit, right? That would mean that these could also be unclean ones as well. Please look with your hearts before saying it could not be so. I mean, Satan was in front of God and when answering to what he was doing, he said gong to and fro throughout the earth....

So, what do you think?

But let us start with the white first.

White represents something clean, or pure. It doesn't say the horseman was white though, just the horse. So, what does the horse represent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM

21,643 posts, read 30,261,681 times
I believe the rider on the white horse in Rev 6:1 is the anti christ, the warriors bow symbolizes his control over the weapons of the war, the crown represents his conquering more and more people.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:35 PM

852 posts, read 1,199,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe the rider on the white horse in Rev 6:1 is the anti christ, the warriors bow symbolizes his control over the weapons of the war, the crown represents his conquering more and more people.
I agree with ILNC. the anti christ

Old 01-11-2009, 02:55 PM

589 posts, read 1,349,485 times
The 4 Horsemen in the Rev 6:1-8 are the first 4 of the 7 Seals. They are the same 4 Chariots in Zech 6:1-8. Amazingly both accounts have the same chapter and verse nos.! The only difference is the pale horse in Revelation was described as grisled or dappled in Zechariah... due to translation from original word in Greek of NT and Aramaic of OT; but they are the same horse.

In Zech's account we see they are evil spirits who were asking God's permission to wreck havoc on earth. They can't do anything without God allowing them to do.

Zech 6:7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.

The White Horse I believe is the counterfeit of the White Horse of Jesus in Rev 19. This evil spirit goes forth conquering with great success but not militarily when you read the 2nd Seal. I think it prophesied the counterfeiting done by the Catholic Church on the true teachings of Jesus Christ since the 4th C.

In the Olivet Discourse Jesus warned that many will come in his name and deceived many. Now who do you think preach about God but changed his Law... i.e. the Sabbath to Sunday, Christmas, Easter, worship of saints, and their graven images made of stone, wood, etc.?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:34 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,473,001 times
Default Red Horse

Rev 6:4
And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that {men} would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

Take peace from the earth. Take it? How? This could not apply to the Spiritual reborn person, as Jesus said:

Jhn 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Rev 6:4
And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that {men} would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

Take peace from the earth. Take it? How? This could not apply to the Spiritual reborn person, as Jesus said:

Jhn 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."
Yes I believe the rider of the red horse snatches peace from the earth. The red also represents warfare and bloodshed. The war will escalate until it involves all the major powers on the earth. After the rapture people will still be saved, but it will not be like it is now, they will not have the freedom we have to worship, life will we very difficult for them and that will be a verse many will cling to.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 AM

322 posts, read 657,365 times
The white horse and the rider represents JESUS CHRIST and the faithfull Christians.

You see, JESUS not only came to give salvation to His believers, but also judgement to the unbelievers. The gospel is sent to the whole world. For those who refuse the gospel, mistreat His people, and harden thier hearts, comes the other horses with thier riders.

1. Throughout Revelation, white is always good.

2. JESUS has conquered sin and death. He even told His deciples, " I have conquered the world."

3. We also are to conquer as His deciples.

4. Judgement comes to all who refuse JESUS CHRIST.

Knowing that this part of the vision is about JESUS CHRIST and His true followers is very right because the judgement following is sent upon the unbelievers, because they refused to allow the all-conquering King to be thier King.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The white horse and the rider represents JESUS CHRIST and the faithfull Christians.

You see, JESUS not only came to give salvation to His believers, but also judgement to the unbelievers. The gospel is sent to the whole world. For those who refuse the gospel, mistreat His people, and harden thier hearts, comes the other horses with thier riders.

1. Throughout Revelation, white is always good.

2. JESUS has conquered sin and death. He even told His deciples, " I have conquered the world."

3. We also are to conquer as His deciples.

4. Judgement comes to all who refuse JESUS CHRIST.

Knowing that this part of the vision is about JESUS CHRIST and His true followers is very right because the judgement following is sent upon the unbelievers, because they refused to allow the all-conquering King to be thier King.
I believe Jesus is the rider on this white horse in Rev 19:11 "Then I saw Heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. And the on sitting on the horse was named Faithful and True. For He judges fairly and then goes to war. But the first rider on the white horse in Rev 6:2 is the anti christ.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM

144 posts, read 287,091 times
Why do we make such a big deal out of a piece of fictional work?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM

852 posts, read 1,199,157 times
Default Red horse.

I believe the Red horse to represent war...peace is taken from the earth through war and killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity