U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,427,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Fantastic OP posting.....very very encouraging.....thank you
Thank you jennaflorrie...I pray you found that it helped you understand better.

God Bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM

20,297 posts, read 12,156,257 times
Prov 6:16-19
-16 There are six things the Lord hates—
no, seven things he detests:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill the innocent,
18 a heart that plots evil,
feet that race to do wrong,
19 a false witness who pours out lies,
a person who sows discord in a family.

Were we fail, to me, is the more basic :: distractions :: once you take your eyes off Him,,, to follow and obey--you sink

Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM

7,492 posts, read 6,485,703 times
Satan exists only in the hearts of mankind, and is vanquished when you follow the path of goodness. Glory to God in giving us strength to be the person we can be.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM

20,439 posts, read 9,856,466 times
The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:52 AM

"The will will follow what the mind accepts."

Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 AM

489 posts, read 672,590 times
The "Opposer" has two master plans....

One is to get us discouraged; then for a time we can be of no service to others, and are defeated. The other is to make us doubt, breaking the faith in the Holy Spirit, by which we are bound to Father God through Christ Jesus.

Guard your soul! Do not be tricked or deceived either way. Remember, you are your worst enemy. However, be on guard, as the "Opposer" is alive and well...."Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8).

The "Opposer" and his minion of most unclean are deceivers and influence us that he has our best interest at heart. Unfortunately, many fall to the "Opposers" cunning, skillful, tricky schemes & tactics, and then find themselves separated from the lead of the Holy Spirit...."Father God." The "Opposer" is a thief, liar, deceiver, murderer, accuser, destroyer, defeated foe, and a fallen angel whom has no power or might over true believers. They cannot nor have authority to interfere or intervene in your free will choices, but only through your free will choices to choose his ways over the righteous ways of Father God can they work through your will. He wants to rob you of your God given blessings freely given to you.

Remember always....

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isiah 55:8-9)

To walk and live in the Spirit can only be accomplished by truly knowing and perceiving the Son of Man, the Son of God...."Christ Jesus (HaMashiach Yeshua)", and this is the only way to know Father God. We must surrender ourselves, and let the Holy Spirit be the "lead" in our lives. The Son of God testified to this...."Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done." (Matthew 16:24-27)

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you with from my heart!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 AM

489 posts, read 672,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Yes...Amen, I say!

At one point, Christ Jesus' apostles asked Him.....“Who then can be saved?”

"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

In another translation more understandable for the sleepers out there...

At one point, Christ Jesus' apostles asked Him...."Then who in the world can be saved?” they asked.

Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”

Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM

1,899 posts, read 4,157,036 times
Quote:
In our spiritual warfare against Satan, there is no time for us to relax or let down our guard!

The moment we begin to relax...to let down our prayer time, stop reading the Word, stop watching for Satan's strategies...Satan will seize the opportunity to attack us. This is exactly what happened to David.
The blood-bought, blood-washed Christian has no need to fear satan.
The blood of Christ is the strongest force in the UNIVERSE.

Quote:
2 Timothy 1:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
I trust in the Lord, not whether I am "relaxed" or not. We should be able to rest in Christ, secure in the knowledge that we will be with Him.....as a Christian, we have no need to fear satan.

I would rather spend my time thinking about the Lord, and His righteousness.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM

592 posts, read 651,650 times
Just adding a few things,

For the Christian, believers in Christ, satan is a defeated foe.

Ephesians 2

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

Matthew 24:37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
Matthew 24:38
For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

When Jesus comes, will He find faith?

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Just adding a few things,

For the Christian, believers in Christ, satan is a defeated foe.

Ephesians 2

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

Matthew 24:37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
Matthew 24:38
For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

When Jesus comes, will He find faith?

God Bless,
Mercy
Amen Mercy...and yes, He will find faith...in those who believe and believe by responding to His word by obeying it.

Good post.

God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or