U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,721,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I don't agree with no exceptions. What if the mother's egg becomes fertilized in her tubes? Should she risk her life in that case as well as her baby's who has no chance anyway?
This is our answer. We should do everything to try and save the mother and the baby but if the baby is lost then we weep for the child. The concept, the very thought of infanticide for whatever the reason is never the answer.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-12-2009 at 09:05 AM..

Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM

3,267 posts, read 5,275,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is our answer. We should do everything to try and save the mother and the baby but if the baby is lost then we weep for the child. The concept, the very thought of infanticide for whatever the reason is never the answer.
That makes no sense to me. Either way the baby will die, UNLESS, they can safely transfer the egg to the mother's uterus.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:34 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,904,112 times
Most think it is a terrible thing. But I wouldn't want it to be outlawed. If my 12 year old girl was brutally raped I wouldn't want to have a baby from that situation. And some will say...."only god can create that life!" Well the act of 2 cells coming together starts the life...nothing to do with god.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,904,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler View Post
I say no exceptions, a life is a life - it is not a human's right to take it away.
Yeah but if a girl or woman is raped she didn't have the RIGHT to make that choice to become pregnant.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,266,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah but if a girl or woman is raped she didn't have the RIGHT to make that choice to become pregnant.
So that gives her the RIGHT to abort, murder another life? Her life yes, was violated by rape, awful thing to happen to a woman..... this statement is always used for the argument.....to justify abortion, but most abortions done are because the woman doesn't want the pregnancy, not because of rape...

Actual percentage of U.S. abortions in "hard cases" are estimated as follows: in cases of rape or incest, 0.3%; in cases of risk to maternal health or life, 1%; and in cases of fetal abnormality, 0.5%. About 98% of abortions in the United States are elective, including socio-economic reasons or for birth control. This includes about 25% for primarily economic reasons.

There are many other options other that abortion, to a unwanted pregnancy!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 AM

2,015 posts, read 5,007,666 times
Google abortion pictures and tell me if it grosses you out or not? Unfortunately the law is up for interpretation, what is legal does not make it morally right or wrong. In our society today with enough money and a good lawyer one could literally get away with any sort of murder. Today abortion is legal, furthermore what is the norm becomes acceptable in that society. As much as abortion is legal and the norm, sleeping around is also that much acceptable and a norm. The later often ends up in the form of the former.

Though I believe it is morally wrong (when taken as a means of convenience rather than that of necessity), needless to say we need to understand both sides of the issues. As a public policist I don't see Roe v. Wade being overturned, neither do I think it's the correct approach to take. All the talk about pro-life in his 8 year term, Bush has not only seen the destruction of life in the form of abortion on home soil but also that of destruction of life in the form of war.

I would rather like to see a return of State Rights. Every state is better able to cater to its demographics. This may include only about a handful of states restricting abortion (but allowing in special circumstances), but is better than nothing. Why we get nothing done is because people tend to get emotional over these social issues instead of sitting down and thinking about it from every direction. Furthermore Pro-choice is not a direct bipolar opposite of Pro-life. We can have both. What we do agree upon for now such as sex ed, adoption and contraception should be further engaged, in result promoting making sound decisions in life, which is a start and a better route to getting things done.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,763,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
do you think abortion should be legal?
are you serious? could any christian support the taking of life?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 AM

395 posts, read 1,182,822 times
Is taking The Morning After Pill the same as Abortion Pill?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:08 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,873,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Is taking The Morning After Pill the same as Abortion Pill?
No. The morning after pill stops conception from taking place. If conception has already occurred, the morning after pill is useless, it does nothing.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,064 times
I'm a christian and YES-abortion bothers me HEAVILY. But I feel we need to be compassionate towards those who have had one and regret it. I swear to you it's like 90% of the girls I know that have had one...were severely pressured and/or in shoes that all of us NEVER would have though we would be in. It's not a light decision.
Now, on the other hand, there are those few women who use it as birth control and have even wait until they were 20 weeks. THAT IS TERRIBLE. But honestly almost EVERY woman that I have known that felt she had to have one regrets it TERRIBLY. I have always tried not to judge them and I try very hard not to allow my personal emotion to talk over. Rather, I try to understand them.
It's sickening to think that there are so many fellow Christians out there harassing women about a position they NEVER wanted to be in..and calling them BABYKILLERS etc. WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WITHOUT TRYING TO UNDERSTAND FIRST?
Now, for those women who have abortions like it's going out of style...ok, yeah, the label fits..but I think many people would be very surprised to learn what REALLY goes on.
I'm ashamed to say that I was one of those CRUEL pro-lifers. A fire burned in me in the pit of my stomach when I thought of abortion. (IT STILL DOES HURT). But since then, I have heard many stories...SEEN many things...even been in a clinic myself. It's sad to see that women are left out in the cold and have to do the VERY thing they want to do least and have an ab.
Some people may cry and say adoption is the way. I AGREE. But who are we to say that a woman can handle the mental torture of bearing a baby for 9 months..and then giving it up..not even knowing if it will go somewhere terrible..be abused..or be in awful foster homes?
THIS DOES HAPPEN PEOPLE. It's unfortunate but true.
So, honestly, I KNOW I am PRO-LIFE first...I would ALWAYS want to help someone and preserve a life when I can..but I also feel a mother knows best...if she's been taking a certain med. or is suffering somehow...or has been raped..or has a "babydaddy" that is beating her...it's up to HER to be in charge of her body. Hopefully she doesn't take that and think @ 4 months pregnant " Oh, I can't deal with this..I'm having an ab."...but my point is..we can't punish and condemn ALL women just because of the few who DO openly abuse abortion with NO regrets. A TRUE Christian would tell you the SAME thing.
There IS forgiveness and ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. He knows someones heart. I never thought I would type that in YEARS. But I realized that the burning hate that I had for women who had abortions was due to me misunderstanding a lot..it wasn't because of Christianity..because being a real Christian means leaving your hate at the backdoor.

BTW, I think abortion should be outlawed after 8 weeks. I mean, HOW long does it really take a woman to find out she is pregnant in MOST cases? Unless someone has been raped...or is under some medical risk..etc...I don't think it's necessary to be having an ab. after 8 weeks. Most women find out when they are 5-7 weeks along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or